Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanobox from 1010 Music

edited January 2022 in Other

These come across as Marmite! Look wise!

You're either going to love them or hate them.

Comments

• Love the units, hate the price.

• @Sawiton said:
    Love the units, hate the price.

Yup.

Super cute.
    Price?
    Nah.
    Have you seen microGranny 2 from Bastl instruments?
    It doesn’t have effects processing capabilities like
    the Nanobox provides but for the price it’s really cool.
    The Kastle synth from them is also super tiny and apparently really rugged.

microGranny 2
    https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/microgranny

Kastle Drum

https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/kastle-drum

Kastle synth

https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/kastle

• edited January 2022

What's the price? You can't expect me to watch that whole video with the guy who doesn't bother to trim his fingernails oh my god please trim your fingernails before you do a video!

NOTE: Yes, I realize this is my problem, but if you've ever been on an empty F train late at night when somebody decides they should do a little personal hygiene and send nail clippings all over the subway car, you might be triggered as well.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    What's the price? You can't expect me to watch that whole video with the guy who doesn't bother to trim his fingernails oh my god please trim your fingernails before you do a video!

NOTE: Yes, I realize this is my problem, but if you've ever been on an empty F train late at night when somebody decides they should do a little personal hygiene and send nail clippings all over the subway car, you might be triggered as well.

Hahahahah

It’s $450 each I think

• $399 US dollars according to Nick at Sonic State.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Ha Ha yer noticed that from Gaz.

• I expected Bo to be on it.

• edited January 2022

Alright so here’s the elephant in the room. Which apps on the iPad will let you do the same stuff these little nuggets do?

They do sound nice.

I don’t think I’ll get these but i would like to make some lemon aide and flaming ball cinnamon candy because of them.

• Overpriced, overhyped (like usual), underwhelming to the max. Get a $299 iPad plus $100-200 of AUs.

• edited January 2022

Just wait for the Surgeon demo on Instagram - then everybody will have them 😂

• @auxmux said:
    Overpriced, overhyped (like usual), underwhelming to the max. Get a $299 iPad plus $100-200 of AUs.

Wait. You’ve only spent $200 on auv3s?

I think i need to see an exorcist.

• edited January 2022

@echoopera said:

@auxmux said:
    Overpriced, overhyped (like usual), underwhelming to the max. Get a $299 iPad plus $100-200 of AUs.

Wait. You’ve only spent $200 on auv3s?

I think i need to see an exorcist.

Hahaha, I'm sure I've spent well over a $1000 on them. I stopped counting years ago. I meant anyone looking to get started with an iPad.

• Looks to me like they’re trying to be like Teenage Engineering. Without the eye for design or Scandy quirkiness that can be quite compelling.

I’m sure these boxes will be very cool to a certain crowd.

Not for me but I’m glad stuff like this exists.

• @NTKK said:
    Just wait for the Surgeon demo on Instagram - then everybody will have them 😂

Wait. What?

• If I has stupid money to buy one, then I'll have the yellow one.

• I wonder how the granular synth engine compares to the granular capabilities of something like Empress Zoia, Poly Beebo or Organelle? It’d be hard to justify $450, if you could do the same (and so much more) in one of these modular environments, in a similar price bracket. (Used Organelle going for $400 or less)

• @echoopera said:
    Alright so here’s the elephant in the room. Which apps on the iPad will let you do the same stuff these little nuggets do?

They do sound nice.

I don’t think I’ll get these but i would like to make some lemon aide and flaming ball cinnamon candy because of them.

This is my default thought process whenever I get the GAS, which is why I have more midi controllers than external gear, nowadays.

• That is a sweet little unit! It goes on the short list along with Korgs’ Nu:tekt NTS-1 and Volca Modular. I’m just now starting to learn about modular hardware synths. I think these three should play nicely together. Thank you for the suggestion!

• @Sawiton said:

That is a sweet little unit! It goes on the short list along with Korgs’ Nu:tekt NTS-1 and Volca Modular. I’m just now starting to learn about modular hardware synths. I think these three should play nicely together. Thank you for the suggestion!

I thought you would like that one. 😁

With pleasure.

• @Gravitas said:

@Sawiton said:

That is a sweet little unit! It goes on the short list along with Korgs’ Nu:tekt NTS-1 and Volca Modular. I’m just now starting to learn about modular hardware synths. I think these three should play nicely together. Thank you for the suggestion!

I thought you would like that one. 😁

With pleasure.

Undulations has a ton of very thorough videos on the Volca and the Kastls:

• @Sawiton said:

I wholeheartedly recommend them all. The Bastl stuff also has the same sync standard that teenage Engineering and Korg use so you can sync all of them together super easily. I have a soft spot for those “novelty” synths.

• @echoopera said:

They do sound nice.

This is the exact thing that stopped my from buying tons of hardware. I have 3 synths, a couple of grooveboxes, and a few “toys” like Bastl stuff, and I have no plans on buying anything else outside of iPad plugins. It can just do so much.

• @HotStrange said:

@Sawiton said:

I wholeheartedly recommend them all. The Bastl stuff also has the same sync standard that teenage Engineering and Korg use so you can sync all of them together super easily. I have a soft spot for those “novelty” synths.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    I’ve been eyeing them up for awhile now.
    I like the Kastle’s more than the microgranny, I think they’re cute.😏

I have more than enough stuff on my ipad
    these days to play around with for sure.
    I’m going to get a couple more midi controllers as I have repurposed
    a couple of older iphones which I can dedicate to synths and stuff.
    Sonic wise it’s an amazing palette.

• new - nanobox | razzmatazz
    mini drum sequencer with FM synthesis + sampling $399

• I see absolutely no point in buying a device like this. If you’re going to do everything on a screen, what’s the benefit?. What I miss when playing an iPad instrument is the knobs and physical factor.

• @tahiche It has way better I/O than any iPad. There’s that.

• Not really, get the cheapest iPad plus a cheap audio interface + midi, and you would have a lot more for a lot less.