Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Apogee Jam 96k worth the money?

My old Apogee Jam is in bad condition now, I'm considering the new 96K version.
Anyone tried it yet?
How is it? To what extent is it better than the old version?

Comments

• For $96,000 it better be a significant upgrade.

• This thread on the Auria forum has some related info: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11734

• Not liking hearing multiple people saying that their Apogee Jams are dying - I'm not too rough on mine, but as much as I love the device, it doesn't feel very durable for a $100 piece of hardware.

My opinion (not based on any actual expertise) is that I can't imagine the advantages of the 96k adapter not being superseded by other limitations in audio quality present in the recording process. Maybe with Auria and the higher end apps, this is not the case.

• I like the Line 6 Sonic Port better.

• Well, I think we should keep it in mind that Apogee didn't just update the sample rate to 96k. The 96k version also has Nickel Plated Body, which I presume could reduce noise level, better low end response, I'm very interesting in this update.
    No one compared the two versions?

• @StornJH1 My Jam is still going strong. Must've had the thing nearly three years now. Never had an issue with any of the Apogee stuff I've owned.

• Likewise here. I also have an original Apogee One and it's also in fine condition.

• edited June 2014

My only concern is whether to have the headphone output built in or not.

I really don't like using those volume buttons. It usually takes me a while to even find them. :D Of course there are other ways, just saying.

• Hey everyone, Rob from Apogee here. The new JAM96k has also JFET circuit that gives it a bit more tube amp like harmonic sound when you crank it up. Of course the converter chip can also go up to 96k, which is convenient if someone sends you a session at a higher sample rate or you're working on a Mac as well.

JAM specifically relies on the iOS/Mac's output so that we could focus as much power and gain on the audio input circuit. This helps it out spec every other guitar input device in THD+noise, Gain and frequency response.

We've also released a grippy JAM cover for any one who is interested in extra protection.

• edited June 2014

@rob said:

JAM specifically relies on the iOS/Mac's output so that we could focus as much power and gain on the audio input circuit. This helps it out spec every other guitar input device in THD+noise, Gain and frequency response.

>

Including Apogee's other offerings (one, duet, quartet)? Because those (obviously) have outputs built in and I would have assumed they had specs equal or better to the JAM 96. Or are you just referring to other iOS bus powered devices?

• edited June 2014

I think the 96K is marketed for the Ik iRig market, which i'll bet is lucrative.

The minimal thing, apparently sells.