Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DDMF MagicVerb Released 🌞🌈🌩

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Do you have a link to the demos? The price seems OK to me BTW.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@richardyot said:
    Do you have a link to the demos? The price seems OK to me BTW.

And we have some demo samples on the website https://ddmf.eu/magicverb/

I feel like giving in to temptation, as a fan of DDMF products 😇

Thanks, I'll have a listen to these ASAP.

• Same price as Magic Death Eye, but at leas this one is universal.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Same price as Magic Death Eye, but at leas this one is universal.

All their apps are universal

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Same price as Magic Death Eye, but at leas this one is universal.

All their apps are universal

For some reason I thought MDE was not. Well, now I have Magic Death Eye on my phone, thank you very much.

• edited January 2022

@richardyot said:

@BCKeys said:

@richardyot said:
    Do you have a link to the demos? The price seems OK to me BTW.

And we have some demo samples on the website https://ddmf.eu/magicverb/

I feel like giving in to temptation, as a fan of DDMF products 😇

Thanks, I'll have a listen to these ASAP.

Always the mark of a great reverb that it sounds lousy when soloed but gorgeous in the track, as it does here. But SERIOUS crackling (in the second video) whenever the parameters are adjusted while playback is on, which is a little alarming.

• Nothing to worry about... none of his plugins allow parameter automation... afaik :)

• Love that wacky UI. Nice to see some experimentation without getting too fussy.

• Have it on Pc. Nothing spectacular for the price range but the UI is epic.

• How are his plugins? I’ve had magicdeatheye on my radar for a long while but I’ve yet to take the plunge.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Having watched the videos this reverb is something I'm really looking forward to checking out. I've wanted some nice chamber reverbs on iOS for the longest time and this has some. 👍

• I love the idea of the sun and the rainclouds as wet/dry. Chapeau for this one Mr Siedschlag ;)

• @BCKeys said:

@HotStrange said:
    How are his plugins? I’ve had magicdeatheye on my radar for a long while but I’ve yet to take the plunge.

Among the best ones on iOS, with FabFilter, imho

NoLimits2 is on the road too 😍

Thanks! Fabfilter is the only other biggie that I haven’t dove into yet. I usually turn towards TB and other apps for mastering type stuff but I’ve been really eyeing both of these Devs lately.

• edited January 2022

Holy metallic. Stickin with the Fab for iOS and the Golden reverb pedal for beautiful plates.

• Their envelope reverb is one of my faves.

• I've bought and I've just spent 20 minutes checking it out on vocals and the chambers are great - especially the first two.

• Morevox plate and chambers iap in auria sound great too.

• @flo26 said:
    Morevox plate and chambers iap in auria sound great too.

Oh yeah I had totally forgotten about those.

• It's great to see that Christian Siedschlag (DDMF "Physicist" programmer) and Ian Sefchick (Capitol Records Engineer) and continuing to make AUv3 products for us "virtual" studio consumers.

The "Magic Death Eye" brand now has 3 spots on my IOS storage devices. Along with a raft of amazing DDMF FX apps that simulate classic studio hardware.

This time they have gone "virtual" in their collaboration... writing reverb models and getting the input of the Capital Records (or other pro experts) input on the reverb quality.

Can I ever have enough reverbs? Each one seems to open another door to inspiration. For me a "reverb" can be the reason for a track... for many it's a spice used with great caution but I'm a "space" cadet. Standing in the center of the Taj Mahal at age 18 probably made me a seeker for great "spaces". The acoustics of the Taj Mahal are unlike any place in the world
    but using these virtual technologies we can skip the air fare.

• As @richardyot mentions, the chambers are the winners on this one. I just wish it included a high-pass filter in the signal path as those smooth rich chambers have a tendency to compound low-frequency mud. You can of course use another AUv3 for the high-pass (pre/post MagicVerb) but it’s always nice when a high pass is included in the reverb plugin itself.

In all honesty, this isn’t as essential as MagicDeathEye/s but outside of IR reverb options iOS doesn’t have the richness of high-quality chamber emulations that you get on the desktop, and for that reason alone it’s a serious contender.

• @jonmoore said:
    As @richardyot mentions, the chambers are the winners on this one. I just wish it included a high-pass filter in the signal path as those smooth rich chambers have a tendency to compound low-frequency mud. You can of course use another AUv3 for the high-pass (pre/post MagicVerb) but it’s always nice when a high pass is included in the reverb plugin itself.

In all honesty, this isn’t as essential as MagicDeathEye/s but outside of IR reverb options iOS doesn’t have the richness of high-quality chamber emulations that you get on the desktop, and for that reason alone it’s a serious contender.

As a consumer of Reverbs on all platforms: what Reverb is this new contender most like?
    AudioReverb from @Virsyn comes to mind for me just based on the demos: A really clean workhorse of an IOS Reverb. Not a lot of fireworks that many of us tend to gravitate towards like FAC Alteza or Eventide's Blackhole. I grab the EO2 after being educated to the DSP skills of the Valhallah programmer that provided the reverb code for that unique IOS product with it's "freeze" mode feature. Guitar players should know a lot about EOS2 and freeze mode to emulate a piano's sustain pedal for guitar... an epic effect to be used wisely for infinite sustain.

• @McD said:

@jonmoore said:
    As @richardyot mentions, the chambers are the winners on this one. I just wish it included a high-pass filter in the signal path as those smooth rich chambers have a tendency to compound low-frequency mud. You can of course use another AUv3 for the high-pass (pre/post MagicVerb) but it’s always nice when a high pass is included in the reverb plugin itself.

As a consumer of Reverbs on all platforms: what Reverb is this new contender most like?

>

I’d say Fabfilter Pro-R is the closest algorithmic reverb, but its chambers aren’t quite as smooth. The thing that MagicVerb does really well, is integrating the voice/instrument smoothly with the reverb tail. I like it when you don’t even notice its effect in the mix but as soon as you mute the verb, you can instantly sense the hole in the mix. Being lush and transparent is hard trick to pull off.

Impulsation/Thafknar with a decent IR will get you even closer, especially with some really subtle chorusing on the verb tail.

And even though Lunar Lander is strictly a plate emulation, it's got the smoothness of MagicVerb. It also has the same ability to ramp up the verb tail length without swamping the source instrumentation.

MagicVerb is the polar opposite of the multitude of 'shimmer' verbs on iOS, and that's a large part of the reason that it's a serious consideration (obviously this is a personal subjective opinion, based on my needs).

• @jonmoore said:

@McD said:

@jonmoore said:

>

I’d say Fabfilter Pro-R is the closest algorithmic reverb, but its chambers aren’t quite as smooth. The thing that MagicVerb does really well, is integrating the voice/instrument smoothly with the reverb tail. I like it when you don’t even notice its effect in the mix but as soon as you mute the verb, you can instantly sense the hole in the mix. Being lush and transparent is hard trick to pull off.

Impulsation/Thafknar with a decent IR will get you even closer, especially with some really subtle chorusing on the verb tail.

And even though Lunar Lander is strictly a plate emulation, it's got the smoothness of MagicVerb. It also has the same ability to ramp up the verb tail length without swamping the source instrumentation.

MagicVerb is the polar opposite of the multitude of 'shimmer' verbs on iOS, and that's a large part of the reason that it's a serious consideration (obviously this is a personal subjective opinion, based on my needs).

Very helpful to continue the education process on Reverbs as a studio tool and not a "joy ride" FX app.

• Can any users comment on CPU? Light? Heavy? Comparable to?

• @McD said:
    Standing in the center of the Taj Mahal at age 18 probably made me a seeker for great "spaces". The acoustics of the Taj Mahal are unlike any place in the world

This. And it smells good, too!

• edited January 2022

@McD said:
    AudioReverb from @Virsyn comes to mind for me just based on the demos: A really clean workhorse of an IOS Reverb. Not a lot of fireworks that many of us tend to gravitate towards like FAC Alteza or Eventide's Blackhole. I grab the EO2 after being educated to the DSP skills of the Valhallah programmer that provided the reverb code for that unique IOS product with it's "freeze" mode feature. Guitar players should know a lot about EOS2 and freeze mode to emulate a piano's sustain pedal for guitar... an epic effect to be used wisely for infinite sustain.

Personally I don't think there is anything else on iOS quite like this. There are several algorithmic reverbs that cater to different needs, such as Pro-R for bread-and-butter mixing duties, or FAC Alteza for ethereal otherworldliness, but AFAIK there are no captures of actual real echo chambers like the ones in Magic Verb.

In the 1950s and 1960s before artificial reverb existed, you could either use the reverb from the live room where the performers were recording, or use an echo chamber. For vocals in most cases engineers preferred to record them in a booth rather than the live room, and use the echo chamber to add reverb.

Almost all the classic records from the 50s and 60s, from Frank Sinatra to the Beatles, use echo chambers. When you hear Frank Sinatra, you're hearing a recording that was enriched with an echo chamber.

Capitol Records famously has eight echo chambers built underground below the parking lot, Abbey Road and Muscle Shoals also have famous echo chambers that are heard on countless well-known recordings.

Simon and Garfunkel famously stood inside an echo chamber to record the backing vocals for The Only Living Boy In New York.

When plate reverbs became widely available in the 1970s they replaced echo chambers to some extent (although the chambers at Abbey Road and Capitol are still in use to this day). I would say in terms of recording history there have been 3 major ages of reverb: echo chambers in the 50s and 60s, plates in the 70s and 80s, and the classic digital units from the 70s and 80s onwards (Lexicon 480, EMT250 etc).

Since Ian Sefchick (Mr MagicDeathEye) was an engineer at Capitol, I'm working on the assumption that the IRs in Magic Verb are sampled from the Capitol echo chambers, but of course I could be wrong. My guess is that they aren't advertising the fact due to rights issues.

• BTW on desktop Altiverb has a few samples of real echo chambers:

https://www.audioease.com/altiverb/browse.php

Also this post on the Valhalla blog is worth a read:

https://valhalladsp.com/2017/12/18/effectopedia-reverb-chambers/