Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DOUBLE SPEED PLUGIN

Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

Comments

  • @mikita said:
    Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

    Like an audio effect? You want a plug-in to sample the future? Lol
    If you are happy to record a sample and play it back double speed, that’s easy.
    But to have an audio effect that listens to its output and plays it double speed, would cause huge latency because the plug-in will need to listen to 2 bars of input to play 1 bar at double speed.

  • edited January 25

    As stated above, you can't just apply double-time as a live effect as it requires too much lookahead, but you can do it to recorded audio or samples, or by printing/freezing a section of the track and setting that segment to play back at 2x speed.

    Unless the OP is referring to elastique-style pitch-shifting +1 octave? (e.g. Little Alterboy, see below)

  • I've heard good things about Wormhole 2 from EinsteinAudio. I particularly like the "E=mc2" and "Tachyonic Antitelephone" presets 😁

  • @mikita said:
    Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

    Can you be more specific? Do you mean a clock multiplier maybe? Like something that would double a midi clock? Or, play recorded midi back twice as fast? Or recorded audio twice as fast?

    I'm guessing you're not talking about something that would double-time live playing?

  • @wim said:

    @mikita said:
    Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

    Can you be more specific? Do you mean a clock multiplier maybe? Like something that would double a midi clock? Or, play recorded midi back twice as fast? Or recorded audio twice as fast?

    I'm guessing you're not talking about something that would double-time live playing?

    recorded midi back twice as fast

  • @mikita said:

    @wim said:

    @mikita said:
    Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

    Can you be more specific? Do you mean a clock multiplier maybe? Like something that would double a midi clock? Or, play recorded midi back twice as fast? Or recorded audio twice as fast?

    I'm guessing you're not talking about something that would double-time live playing?

    recorded midi back twice as fast

    In that case I suggest Atom 2.

  • Xequence 2 will do it also, but you asked for a plugin, so ...

  • edited January 25

    You could just double the bpm on a midi track with a DAW like Cubasis. No?

    Edit… hmmm, not a plug in.

  • He probably wants events to double but pitch to remain static… which requires some DSP Magic. Staffpad added this feature for it’s “adaptive audio” but I suspect some DAW does this… Auria Pro maybe has time stretch code. a forum search for time stretch might help.

  • @mikita said:
    Is there a plugin that can do double speed (time) effect ?

    Enso can do this easily with live audio, once the buffer has filled up.

  • @McD said:
    He probably wants events to double but pitch to remain static… which requires some DSP Magic. Staffpad added this feature for it’s “adaptive audio” but I suspect some DAW does this… Auria Pro maybe has time stretch code. a forum search for time stretch might help.

    The OP wants to double midi playback? Doubling midi speed will not affect pitch.

  • @wim said:
    The OP wants to double midi playback? Doubling midi speed will not affect pitch.

    Sorry. I think I was entering my reply when he was providing clarification or maybe I just missed it. I hope the answers work for his workflows.

    Looking at the OP's history he also asked for a 1/2 speed capability in Oct 2020.

Sign In or Register to comment.