Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Biggest disappointment in hardware

1235»

Comments

• @HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:
    No need for the last part, wasn’t trying to invalidate your opinion.

No worries. didnt think you were. just throwing some context in there to show ya i did give it a fair shake and that im not just in the anti-TE boat because its popular.

Totally. I do know a lot of people who bash the OP-1 that have never even touched one so I’m at least happy to see someone who gave it the ol’ college try first. Crazy how different peoples preferences can be. You don’t like it at all and it’s an all time favorite for me haha.

It was a love/hate thing for me. Way more capable than I was expecting it to be, and I love the concept of the tape recorder style of working. But I just could never find sounds with it that fit the style of music I like, despite the brilliantly quirky interface.

The OP-Z is MUCH more up my alley, a lot easier for me to get the kinds of sounds I like while still being fun to use.

• My most disappointing hardware purchase was the Synthstrom Deluge. It is the king of unmemorable combination button presses, over-crowded interfaces, and irritating feature creep.
    It sold quickly although, considering the cost of the never-working looper footswitch and replacement faceplate, I lost quite a bit of money on it.

One of my favorite hardware purchases is the Red Panda Raster 2 guitar pedal. It sounds great, it's deep but easy to navigate, and a ton of fun.

• edited January 2022

@Tarekith said:
    It was a love/hate thing for me. Way more capable than I was expecting it to be, and I love the concept of the tape recorder style of working. But I just could never find sounds with it that fit the style of music I like, despite the brilliantly quirky interface.

I can agree with this as well. I found it hard to get anything out of it other than LoFi/chiptune/thinner sounds. I know it can do it as seeing other people patches, but if I wanted to sit and work on sound design, there are plenty of other options I'd go with 1st that are far faster and far deeper (and far cheaper too).

Edit: I'm sure the cpu in it is underutilized as well. If I could load PD patches into it instead of dicking around with their synthesis engines and getting the cow to sound OK, I could see myself giving it another look, but they'd have to fix that crappy midi control (both controlling from external and as a general midi controller) 1st.

4 knobs, fine....but it's internal parameters should all be exposed for external control.

• @Lurcher said:
    I was so disappointed with the SH-101 back in the day I stuck it in the attic at my mums place in 1983. Last year I decided to revisit it. I found it & it had been trodden on a few times over the years by god knows who, plumbers I imagine as she never goes up there. I decided to spend the money & get it looked at / repaired (great job cyberwave ems) & it sounds much better to me now than it did back then. At the time I considered it really cheap sounding (I had a Pro One & white face Odyssey at the time as well). Enjoy it now which I never could then.

SH-101 is my favourite out of all the synths I own. 🙂

Definitely comes alive with some distortion.

• @Tarekith said:

@HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:
    No need for the last part, wasn’t trying to invalidate your opinion.

No worries. didnt think you were. just throwing some context in there to show ya i did give it a fair shake and that im not just in the anti-TE boat because its popular.

Totally. I do know a lot of people who bash the OP-1 that have never even touched one so I’m at least happy to see someone who gave it the ol’ college try first. Crazy how different peoples preferences can be. You don’t like it at all and it’s an all time favorite for me haha.

The OP-Z is MUCH more up my alley, a lot easier for me to get the kinds of sounds I like while still being fun to use.

Fair enough. I’ve yet to try the OP-Z but I’ve always been interested as it just seems like a pocket operator on steroids and I love those little guys. I could definitely see myself adding one later on down the road. Also I’ve heard great things about it’s sequencer.

• Step Components on the OP-Z are a game changer when it comes to sequencing, definitely work looking into as it makes the OPz more than a PO by a long shot. And the synth engines sound great, with more modern effects.

• @abf said:
    My most disappointing hardware purchase was the Synthstrom Deluge. It is the king of unmemorable combination button presses, over-crowded interfaces, and irritating feature creep.
    It sold quickly although, considering the cost of the never-working looper footswitch and replacement faceplate, I lost quite a bit of money on it.

One of my favorite hardware purchases is the Red Panda Raster 2 guitar pedal. It sounds great, it's deep but easy to navigate, and a ton of fun.

Sort of reassuring to read this!. Been on the verge to buy a Deluge as it’s always praised and considered a game changer.
    I’m all the videos I watched (plenty) there were things that didn’t click… weirdly scares connection options., but above all that tiny display and a button layout that doesn’t seem to make sense. It’s not menu diving it’s not button pressing, it’s somewhere crypticly in between.
    I’m considering getting a Deepmind, I’m praying it doesn’t make it to this list!.

• @Tarekith said:
    Step Components on the OP-Z are a game changer when it comes to sequencing, definitely work looking into as it makes the OPz more than a PO by a long shot. And the synth engines sound great, with more modern effects.

Muziker is offering the OP-Z for 469 euros. I was strongly considering it but came across a lot of complaints regarding build quality where eventually it leads to double triggers after a couple of years. If I want to spend that money on a device, I would like to have it for a bit longer than that. What is your opinion on the build quality?

• I've owned two OP-Z and never had any issue. Without a doubt a few people have had the double triggering issue, but I don't think it's super wide-spread.