Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...Beatwave 2.0...Demo and Tutorial

Great and huge update, practically a new app

Comments

• Thanks Doug. There was some other discussion about open in being unuseable. How did you set the sound preview? I can't find that option.

• Thanks for the video Mister Doug. Looking forward to the 'Open in....' working.

• I found the sound preview toggle.

• Erm. Care to share?

• Just go to settings in the app and change the option on Play on Touch.

• Just spoke to the dev, and he confrmed that there is an issue with "Open In" on the iPad version, he says it works fine on iPhone and the problem will be resolved in the next update, sorry about the crappy picture on this but its really hard to see anyway

• It was a significant upgrade. I had blown the original away some time ago, but this is far more entertaining. Midi in/out would be a nice add. I also find the drum volume to be a bit low, even when at max, but dropping the levels a lot on the other tracks helps.

• Sorry, haven't watched the video yet - does "sound preview" mean that it plays the note out loud when you put it on the grid? That would be a BIG help. caustic has that feature and I wish all piano roll/grid apps did

• Yes...that is the case. When enabled the note sounds in play or pause. Very handy.

• edited June 2014

Thanks Mister FJ. Obvious once you know, like all obvious things...getting a poke in the snoot for example when your wife gives you an early Father's Day present (bless her) of a beautiful saxophone and you blow it a little and say idly aloud: "Just doesn't flow like Thumbjam tho'...." Obvious.

• Lol...my wife has learned that an iTunes card is always her safest bet for me.

• Can anyone find out where the tempo is; I must be blind, but I cannot find the tempo in bpm?

Also, since it is AudioBus compatible, can it MIDI clock sync to something like Cubasis?

If it is missing these features, I think they should be added soon!

• edited June 2014

Not sure if anybody's noticed bit there is some unwanted swing when I.e. hihat 16ths are dialed. Has anyone encountered that? A bit annoying I'm more of a straight guy.

• @bsantoro tempo is in the TUNE page along with SWING and TRANSPOSE

• Just in case anyone else missed how to adjust the reverb (maybe I'm just slow) it can be adjusted via the main volume dial. There's a segmented control at the bottom of the dial you can press to change the dial from volume to reverb.

• This @DarbyA....I did miss that.

• Me too. Thanks.

• I was wondering where the hell that was, tempo

@bsantoro said:

Can anyone find out where the tempo is; I must be blind, but I cannot find the tempo in bpm?

Also, since it is AudioBus compatible, can it MIDI clock sync to something like Cubasis?

If it is missing these features, I think they should be added soon!