Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeepStreet on macOS GarageBand... Any Ideas On How To Remove This AUv3 Plugin?

I have two plugins from BeepStreet, both are the Sunrizer app. One of them crashes GarageBand, the other one, not as much.

The one listed under AUv3 plugins as being in the BeepStreet folder cannot be found or eliminated. That's the one that crashes GarageBand very reliably.

Any ideas where this preference or folder or whatever can be found so it can be destroyed?

(See screenshot below)

Comments

• Here is the folder that can neither be found nor eliminated:

• I'll also note that the folder called "BPST" is the iOS version which is apparently the only one BeepStreet supports now.

• edited January 2022

@NeuM Take a look inside /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ or ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/, you should be able to delete the corresponding .component file there. You can access those folders by selecting Go > Go to Folder… in Finder's menu and pasting that in the dialog box, like this:

PS: one recommendation, tried to avoid confusion by using "AUv3" only for Audio Units that actually are v3, most desktop plugins are v2.

• AUv3 three plug-ins are registered automatically through the App Store and cannot be found in the components folder. that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject, though. I’m not sure what you can do about it.

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @NeuM Take a look inside /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ or ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/, you should be able to delete the corresponding .component file there. You can access those folders by selecting Go > Go to Folder… in Finder's menu and pasting that in the dialog box, like this:

PS: one recommendation, tried to avoid confusion by using "AUv3" only for Audio Units that actually are v3, most desktop plugins are v2.

I don't know how I could've missed it, but /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ was the correct location, even after I thought I had checked it multiple times! Thank you!

• Another tip for M1 Mac owners.

Often, plugin installers are Intel-only, and require Rosetta 2. But you can peek inside the installer package using something like the Suspicious Package app, and manually copy the AU components into the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ folder. They should run just fine.

You can do this with VSTs too. I prefer this method, as I like to know exactly what’s being installed, and where.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Another tip for M1 Mac owners.

Often, plugin installers are Intel-only, and require Rosetta 2. But you can peek inside the installer package using something like the Suspicious Package app, and manually copy the AU components into the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ folder. They should run just fine.

You can do this with VSTs too. I prefer this method, as I like to know exactly what’s being installed, and where.

This appears to be the software you are referencing:
    https://www.mothersruin.com/software/SuspiciousPackage/