Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cioccolata Calda - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

New music for ya - inspired by the best hot chocolate in the world.

Comments

• edited January 2022

Thank you very much ! Nice :+1:
    You seem to enjoy your new living in Italy ! For me probably one of the - if not THE - most beautiful country in the world, at least in Europe. Best places, best food. Not intriguing that you have been inspired by a hot chocolate ! :D
    Next time, please put in music your impressions on the neapolitan expresso (no kidding).
    All the best !

• @Paulo164 My last tune was inspired by a coffee, so I'm not far off! šŸ˜‚

Thanks for listening!

• Very good @Daveypoo .
    Very well produced !
    Bravo!

• @flo26 said:
    Very good @Daveypoo .
    Very well produced !
    Bravo!

Glad you liked it, @flo26 - very high praise coming from you. šŸ˜

• Great sounds Dave! Love it!

• Thank you, @Edward_Alexander for listening and commenting regularly!

• One of your best, I think. Great production.

• @LinearLineman said:
    One of your best, I think. Great production.

Wow, thanks for that. I fought this one a lot to finish it off - it was lacking a sort-of sonic "glue" to pull it all together but a shaker and some synth SFX seemed to do the trick.

Glad you liked it, Mike - looks like this one was worth fighting for.

• Well done @Daveypoo.
    All the keys solo/melody lines are so patient and tasty.
    Love the synth choices.

• Thanks @Ben šŸ˜Ž

• Have to bump this. Especially for the great beginning.

• Yes! Excellent sound production on this. I'll bet you labored over the smallest details. It makes a difference in the imaging you get in your final mix. The Leslie Speaker Rotor speed and brake are the coolest acoustic effects and you use them to great effect in your organ solos.

Did you find the video or capture it yourself?

• @McD The video was shot by me, which explains why it's so jittery, but I wanted to use my own footage.

Leslie speaker speed is one of those things that really brings a Hammond to life and sets it apart from other keyboards and organs. I can always tell when someone is using an organ patch on a sampler as it doesn't react the same as a "real" organ.

Yes - I pay very close attention to the stereo placement of everything in a mix. Clarity is very important to me, so I put a lot of effort into having everything be heard. The downside can be that all the instruments sound isolated and nothing gels, which is a problem I had with this tune. Adding a shaker and all the synthy SFX really pulled everything together - then the challenge became making sure that the SFX were heard and didn't blur the remaining instruments.

BTW @McD - the drums were half programmed and half performed. I used my BopPad for the hi-hat and drum fills so I could get the exact feel I was looking for. I thought you'd appreciate that detail.

I'm glad you all like this one so much.

• @Daveypoo said:
    BTW @McD - the drums were half programmed and half performed. I used my BopPad for the hi-hat and drum fills so I could get the exact feel I was looking for. I thought you'd appreciate that detail.

I do appreciate the extra effort you put into the drummer's contribution. It means a lot to me to have it feel real after living through the advent of the drum machine. After Walter Becker (of Steely Dan) decided to make his first solo album ("11 Tracks of Whack") I was dismayed to find that the studio perfectionist decided to use a drum machine on every track to save money. The lyrics and the songwriting and Walter's singing voice are totally unique contributions to the legacy of modern Yacht Rock. He followed up 11 Tracks with "Circus Money" before his all too soon passing. Donald Fagen continues to write, tour and record.

I'm glad you all like this one so much.

Me too. I hope all is well for you and the family.

• edited January 2022

Drums are overlooked in the "I-did-everything-myself" genre we all seem to work in. For the style of music I'm going for there's a lack of interaction between the instrumentation when I perform each track in isolation, so a bit of extra attention goes a long way to help avoid everything feeling stiff and pre-programmed. I try to leave a bit of sloppiness so that it's not TOO clean sounding. If I had the band it would be live, but since I don't and this is the music I want to make and hear...

You too @McD - I hope you and your lady are safe and well

• Very enjoyable, incredibly professional end result. Iā€™m a fan of placing thing things in the stereo landscape so really appreciated that part of the track. Only mistake you made is that the best hot chocolate is from Cocoa Mountain in Balnakeil in the Scottish Highlands. Unfortunately there are normally only about 5 days a year that you can enjoy drinking it outside šŸŒ¦

• edited January 2022

@GeoTony said:
    Very enjoyable, incredibly professional end result. Iā€™m a fan of placing thing things in the stereo landscape so really appreciated that part of the track. Only mistake you made is that the best hot chocolate is from Cocoa Mountain in Balnakeil in the Scottish Highlands. Unfortunately there are normally only about 5 days a year that you can enjoy drinking it outside šŸŒ¦

Well, I didn't say that it was DEFINITIVELY the best, just the best I've had. šŸ˜‰

Glad you liked it, @GeoTony - thanks for listening!