Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad 11 App-Endless Mixing Wow!

Wow. This feature is amazing:

«13

Comments

  • What does this mean?

  • edited January 21

    I guess loops stopped playing when you opened a new soundpack?

  • edited January 21

    You can load Soundpacks on the fly while playing. So you can keep playing while loading samples from other packs.

    It’s freaking nuts. Mix Ambient with Jungle and R&B and FutureStep all in key and at same BPM and never pause the music. CRAZY 🥴🤔🤪😵‍💫

    I bought a ton of soundpacks in the past so it’s cool to see this kind of feature in an app.

  • How does it handle the transition between the different default bpms and keys the packs come with? (Need to try this, it sounds interesting.)

  • something that the app remixlive has had in place for some time now-love it

  • Yer was going to say the followed RemixLive lead on this. Great feature.

  • edited January 21

    @ervin said:
    How does it handle the transition between the different default bpms and keys the packs come with? (Need to try this, it sounds interesting.)

    When you open a new pack, any pads currently playing are added to an additional row (on iPad) or column (on iPhone) and continue playing at the current tempo and key, you can then start playing pads from the new pack in that same key and tempo.
    Each time you open a new pack the current playing pads are put into that additional row.

  • On a different note. I wish they would bring out a battery/rechargeable bluetooth version of the Launchpad hardware.

  • Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @ervin said:
    How does it handle the transition between the different default bpms and keys the packs come with? (Need to try this, it sounds interesting.)

    When you open a new pack, any pads currently playing are added to an additional row and continue playing at the current tempo and key, you can then start playing pads from the new pack in that same key and tempo.
    Each time you open a new pack the current playing pads are put into that additional row.

    Thank you 👍

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

    I don't think so, what happens when you try to use it ?

  • To get it going - load a pack - have a few tracks playing on it- then load another pack. The ones you had playing will be sent to a special bar at the top (they will continue to play and the new pack is available).

    But hold on a rootin tootin cotton pickin minute….. I do believe that you can now include mixing about with your own home made Blocs Wave packs as well now which had previously been locked in. Better get these volume levels sorted 😛

    It’s a great thing - it’s what Launchpad needed (not including separate outs and drag/drop of course). Mmmm… Yet another workflow switch to experiment with. Groovy man.

  • @echoopera said:
    Wow. This feature is amazing:

    Yes.. competition is a good thing… Thank you Loopy Pro…

    Maybe we will get Auv3 out of this/these great apps, now..

  • edited January 21

    Remix live. Ha. The copycat app i never bought because of its blatant rip off of Launchpad.

    I can’t stand it when devs lift someone else’s IP in such a blatant fashion.

    Plus i was already heavily invested with sound packs and Launchpad and didn’t really see any benefit to Remix.

    Cool to see that there is some good life in this solid app.

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

    Also, if you are trying it on an older iPad it won’t work. It has to be iOS 13 or above. Launchpad will still work on below 13, but the new features will not be available.

  • @echoopera said:
    Remix live. Ha. The copycat app i never bought because of its blatant rip off of Launchpad.

    I can’t stand it when devs lift someone else’s IP in such a blatant fashion.

    Plus i was already heavily invested with sound packs and Launchpad and didn’t really see any benefit to Remix.

    The exact opposite happened to me. By the time I learned how blatantly Apple and Microsoft stole the idea of the mouse from Xerox I was too heavily invested in related technologies to follow my noble principles. 😏

  • @robosardine said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

    Also, if you are trying it on an older iPad it won’t work. It has to be iOS 13 or above. Launchpad will still work on below 13, but the new features will not be available.

    iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 on iOS 14. Something

    Just starts again with the new pack … oh well

  • edited January 21

    @ervin said:

    @echoopera said:
    Remix live. Ha. The copycat app i never bought because of its blatant rip off of Launchpad.

    I can’t stand it when devs lift someone else’s IP in such a blatant fashion.

    Plus i was already heavily invested with sound packs and Launchpad and didn’t really see any benefit to Remix.

    The exact opposite happened to me. By the time I learned how blatantly Apple and Microsoft stole the idea of the mouse from Xerox I was too heavily invested in related technologies to follow my noble principles. 😏

    Haha. Well nothing was going to come out of XeroxParc lab at that time. It took someone like Steve Jobs to seize the opportunity and make a dent in the universe with that vision he was offered a glimpse of.

    That’s the difference between innovation and copycat.

    Launchpad was an innovation on the iPad whereas Remix was just a copycat. It didn’t really change anything.

    Now you look at Launchpad and LoopyPro. Similar workflows, but LoopyPro has innovated the heck out of the loop launcher workflow.

    See the difference?

    You can either rip off ideas from those around you or stand on the shoulders of Giants and give the world something they didn’t realize they needed.

    That’s my view anyhoo from their shoulders 😙🤪

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Yer was going to say the followed RemixLive lead on this. Great feature.

    It has been a while but doesn’t their own Blocs Wave let you use different packs willy nilly on the fly?

  • Just lovin’ this new feature. Also a quick question if I use the 7 day trial do I get to keep any download sets or do they disappear if I cancel the sub?

  • edited January 21

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Yer was going to say the followed RemixLive lead on this. Great feature.

    It has been a while but doesn’t their own Blocs Wave let you use different packs willy nilly on the fly?

    Yeah. You can load on the fly. Just thought it was post worthy since this is a classic iPad app which updated with a major feature.

  • @echoopera said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Yer was going to say the followed RemixLive lead on this. Great feature.

    It has been a while but doesn’t their own Blocs Wave let you use different packs willy nilly on the fly?

    Yeah. You can load on the fly. Just thought it was post worthy since this is a classic iPad app which updated with a major feature.

    Yah of course. But what I meant was more that RemixLive in my mind does not seem to be the ‘lead on this’.

  • edited January 21

    @AudioGus said:

    @echoopera said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Yer was going to say the followed RemixLive lead on this. Great feature.

    It has been a while but doesn’t their own Blocs Wave let you use different packs willy nilly on the fly?

    Yeah. You can load on the fly. Just thought it was post worthy since this is a classic iPad app which updated with a major feature.

    Yah of course. But what I meant was more that RemixLive in my mind does not seem to be the ‘lead on this’.

    True. I don’t know think Remix leads…just follows what other apps do.

    😜

    Sorry is that what the British call ‘taking the Pisa’ out of something. Hahah

  • Thanks for bringing our attention to this @echoopera but where is the nifty groove video to show us how you do what you do with it slacker?!🤣

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @robosardine said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

    Also, if you are trying it on an older iPad it won’t work. It has to be iOS 13 or above. Launchpad will still work on below 13, but the new features will not be available.

    iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 on iOS 14. Something

    Just starts again with the new pack … oh well

    What version of the app do you have ? Should be version 11

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @robosardine said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Is there a switch someplace?

    Also, if you are trying it on an older iPad it won’t work. It has to be iOS 13 or above. Launchpad will still work on below 13, but the new features will not be available.

    iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 on iOS 14. Something

    Just starts again with the new pack … oh well

    Make sure you have some loops playing. If you don’t have any playing then the sound pack will just replace with the new one 😃👍

  • @CapnWillie said:
    Thanks for bringing our attention to this @echoopera but where is the nifty groove video to show us how you do what you do with it slacker?!🤣

    Jeez. Let me get some sleep first. Talk about pressure 🤪

  • @CapnWillie here you go sir:

    As you can tell i have a ton of sample packs and therefore i am excited about exploring them because of this feature.

Sign In or Register to comment.