Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Should I Update to Windows 11?

Your thoughts? Experience? Mostly good or bad?

2 of my friends say yes.
2 of my friends say no.

Comments

• About the same proportions that I’ve heard. The objections I have heard are due to bugs that impact hardware, some introduced in patches that fix other issues…

• What gives Windows 11 to you that Windows 10 does not have?

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@tja said:
    What gives Windows 11 to you that Windows 10 does not have?

It's louder.

• @tja said:

Only things that matter is more speed and more stable.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@tja said:

Then, definitely don't upgrade. OS typically take a year to mature after release. I don't touch Mac or PC major OS version changes for that much, if not longer. Software and hardware compatibility are major hurdles initially. It's asking for more headaches. Windows 10 is the most stable Windows release and it took a while to get there, no reason to sacrifice that for newness. But up to you. :)

• @auxmux said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@tja said:

Then, definitely don't upgrade. OS typically take a year to mature after release. I don't touch Mac or PC major OS version changes for that much, if not longer. Software and hardware compatibility are major hurdles initially. It's asking for more headaches. Windows 10 is the most stable Windows release and it took a while to get there, no reason to sacrifice that for newness. But up to you. :)

I will wait. Fair point. Thanks.

• No go for me.

• @tja said:

Android apps I think

• Yeah I'd be super reluctant to switch to windows 11 if it were me, to this day windows 10 has giv n me very very little grief, in its current state it fast enough and stable enough for everything I want to achieve.. I see no benefit in switching anytime soon..

• edited January 2022

@Montreal_Music
    Im waiting. Im hoping the DAWs i use will maintain backwards compatibility for a bit. If that becomes an issue ill make a move.

The legend (which has proved true in my experience) is that the odd releases tend to suck. At least in comparison.

10 was put together under the oversight of a audio/musician sensitive dude. Its clear this helped 10. Not sure if the same dude is at the helm.

• I would, but I can't.

• edited January 2022

As mentioned Windows 11 is too fresh. There are still bugs here and there, and most hardware manufacturers haven’t updated their drivers yet.

I’ve installed Windows 11 on a separate partition yesterday, and my 2014 Lenovo T440P has no W11 dedicated drivers yet, leaving touchpad with issues for example (whole touchpad tap not working).

Some of my customers have issues too: wifi not working at all with no drivers available on a two years laptop (working on live Ubuntu, only fix was usb wifi dongle), printer not working reliably on USB (laptop from this year, two years HP, latest January driver), or even need to disable/enable Wifi to see new shared connection SSID… all those issues were not there under W10 on those devices.

We need to wait at least one year. Windows 10 is stable. Windows 11 is mostly a « cosmetics » update IMO.

• no

No

NO

• You have time to think until 2025,i wouldn't rush if your system is running good

• edited January 2023

FWIW I have a laptop that's near the bottom end of the required specs, which I updated to Windows 11 thinking I'll just downgrade back if it turns out to be a disaster - but it runs noticeably faster and smoother than Windows 10 did which came with the laptop.

Some of the quirks are typically Microsoft though - "we decided that from now on you don't want the taskbar placed vertically or its icons aligned left", etc. 🥴

• edited January 2023

Windows 11 works perfectly fine. being using it for months with Ableton no problems.
    You just need the right specs on you PC to run it.

• I tried Windows 11, but at first, my network adapter for Wi-Fi was not detected and I downgrade to Windows 10 when it was impossible for me to use Windows Defender. Yes, I tried the countless trick to repair this bug, but nothing was working.
    But yeah, if it was not for theses 2 things, Windows 11 was nice.

• edited January 2023

My Dad has Windows 11 and it defaulted to Outlook for mail and nagged him to upgrade to an Office 365 subscription, spitting him out to gmail in a browser when he tried to check his mail. When I checked the windows troubleshooter for how to remove Outlook and just use the built in Windows Mail it actually said subscribing to Office 365 was the best option. I had to go online and find out that you need to go the Microsoft Store and download Windows Mail as a new app. What a clunky junky scammy money grabby mess.

• I’ve been running a new windows 11 PC for almost a year - heavy duty DAW/virtual instruments etc. Not one issue for me, super stable.

• edited January 2023

I don’t think there’s a compelling REASON to upgrade, personally I like the look and feel better than Win10, but that’s just preference. I run both Reason and FLStudio, no issues. Using a Zoom u24 as audio interface, all good.

Unless there’s something specific about 11 you want though probably best to just wait? Rather than introduce the possibilities of problems (personally I don’t do a ton of music work on my laptop anymore so didn’t really care if everything vomited on itself).

Oh and actually, the move to Win11 fixed a Docker problem I had, but hey.

• edited January 2023

the main reason to upgrade to windows 11 from 10 is improved security, pretty good reason.

• There are some good improvements overall but the main thing stopping me from upgrading my main workhorse desktop is the lack of options for the taskbar, but hopefully it will be updated.

• Don’t upgrade, I purchased an HP laptop new with Windows 11 and it crashed 6 days into use. Upon calling tech support, I was advised to install Windows 10.

• I think it depends on the hardware. My daughter has an HP laptop that has given her problem after problem since upgrading, but my wife’s desktop has barely had any issues at all.

• edited April 2023

Firstly, before considering the update, you should ensure that your device meets the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11. Microsoft has updated their system requirements, and some older devices may not be compatible with Windows 11. Windows 11 offers a new, modernized user interface with improved performance and new features. However, some users may experience compatibility issues with certain software or hardware, and some older devices may experience slower performance or reduced functionality. Now I have Windows 10 and when I have any questions I turn to the computer society on Reddit.

• Windows 11 is unstable. My screen is flickering non-stop.

I tried 726 things to solve my problem.

Still.

Welcome back Windows 10.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Your thoughts? Experience? Mostly good or bad?

2 of my friends say yes.
    2 of my friends say no.

Past you were not aware of the nightmare that is Windows 11.

• edited March 2023

I have an Acer laptop with specs close to the lower end of requirements for win11. Upgraded from win10 the laptop came with, and win11 turned out to be a much smoother, better experience. Zero issues in about a year now. That being said, I do hear mixed opinions from friends and colleagues, some with better laptops than mine, so it seems a bit of a leap in the dark.

• @ervin said:
    I have an Acer laptop with specs close to the lower end of requirements for win11. Upgraded from win10 the laptop came with, and win11 turned out to be a much smoother, better experience. Zero issues in about a year now. That being said, I do hear mixed opinions from friends and colleagues, some with better laptops than mine, so it seems a bit of a leap in the dark.

I have a graphic card NVidia Geforce for gaming, and the first 30 minutes of the launching of my computer, my monitor cannot stop flickering. It's a know issue.

Of course, my drivers are up to date and I tried 726 things to correct that, but I had the same problem.

You can google "flickering screen Windows 11 problem" and you will see a lot of people with the same problem.

And it's just 1 problem There is a lot more. You are lucky.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

I have a graphic card NVidia Geforce for gaming, and the first 30 minutes of the launching of my computer, my monitor cannot stop flickering. It's a know issue.

Of course, my drivers are up to date and I tried 726 things to correct that, but I had the same problem.

You can google "flickering screen Windows 11 problem" and you will see a lot of people with the same problem.

And it's just 1 problem There is a lot more. You are lucky.

If you say so. I may well be. Sorry to hear it has proven frustrating on your setup. I really can't comment on that, I only have my own subjective experience and what I heard from friends to go on.

I would rather not Google search for windows 11 problems though, that sounds like a depressing way to spend my time 🙂