Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Issue Triggering Synths from Beatmaker II

Hi.
I'm failing using Beatmaker II to trigger synth apps. If I have animoog, for example, setup to send/receive on ch1 and BMII setup to send/receive on ch1, animoog selected in global MIDI setup as well as send & out and BMII selected under MIDI setup in animoog, then I'll get a blip of audio triggering then nothing. Any idea what I'm missing?
:(

Comments

• With all apps, or only Animoog?

• You don't want them both on send and receive. Set bm2 to send and the synth to receive, then select and activate that instrument on one of the audio channels in bm2 to hear/record it. Anyway there's no need for the bm2 to receive midi from the synth, is there?

• Also if you want to sequence using bm2 seleccreate an empty midi preset and assign it to send on the same channel as the synth you want and it should play what you record in midi. When you hook it up that way when

• Thanks guys. It does the same with all synth apps ArcaneScreams. Your right supadom, but conventional MIDI thinking hasn't worked so far. :( I'm missing something. I hate to think I need to go back to the 80's with hardware and physical connectors. Life didn't seem simple then, but compared to this... :-P

• edited June 2014

I just triggered and sequenced Animoog with BM2. Open BM2, Open Animoog. In Animoog: Setup, Select BM2 as midi in. Now Animoog triggers w/ BM2. Does that work for you? Works here on an iPad 2 and latest iOS 7. I didn't alter the default midi settings in BM

• Yeah, everything defaults to BMII, so it should be simple. I'll try again when I get home. Thanks.

• Hi Thomas,
    you have to enable Background Audio in the synth app, haven't you?

• Well, I guess, that must be the disabled background audio in the Animoog. I just experimented a bit, and now I understand what you mean by mentioning a "blip of audio". It is when the app goes to background (after switching back to BM2) - sound disappears as well

• That's exactly what's happening aBGN! I'll definately double check that. Thanks! :)