Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Loopy Pro? Join us on Discord too

13»

Comments

• @Michael said:
    Should I make a Loopy Pro category here? I’ve been reluctant as it feels overbearing and hubris-y, but if it’d be helpful, I’d do it

I sometimes forget this is the Audiobus forum!. It’s become such a general-purpose and reference for everything related to iPad music making.

@vasilymilovidov said:
    it's kind of funny how people who make music on their phones and tablets are so sceptical towards something 'new' like discord :p

I must be missing something, I don’t see much difference or convenience in using the Discord app vs an ‘old’ web based forum. I have too many apps already, my opinion anyway.

• @Michael said:
    Should I make a Loopy Pro category here? I’ve been reluctant as it feels overbearing and hubris-y, but if it’d be helpful, I’d do it

I would find it helpful... the trick of any community is learning who the participants so conversations and assertions have context. Many of the players at the discord are
    familiar to me but it seems to take some effort to drop into the community and hit the ground running. I'd appreciate seeing Loopy in a category so I can slowly get into the current context since so many "beta" testers have been developing their frame of reference over months.

Loopy is one of the apps that has a steep learning curve because the design target is so immense.... like Drambo, Cubasis 2 or 3, Auria Pro, Zenbeats, etc. Most of us have room and time for 1-2 of these. For me, the combination of Loopy Pro and Staffpad is very compelling
    now that Staffpad supports audio tracks with loop time stretching.

I'll probably pass on discord but I'd like to be exposed to the potential possibilities of Loopy Pro and the tools, resources and experts that emerge to provide essential context for going deeper and deeper into the platform.

• @McD said:

@Michael said:

I would find it helpful... the trick of any community is learning who the participants so conversations and assertions have context. Many of the players at the discord are
    familiar to me but it seems to take some effort to drop into the community and hit the ground running. I'd appreciate seeing Loopy in a category so I can slowly get into the current context since so many "beta" testers have been developing their frame of reference over months.

Loopy is one of the apps that has a steep learning curve because the design target is so immense.... like Drambo, Cubasis 2 or 3, Auria Pro, Zenbeats, etc. Most of us have room and time for 1-2 of these. For me, the combination of Loopy Pro and Staffpad is very compelling
    now that Staffpad supports audio tracks with loop time stretching.

I'll probably pass on discord but I'd like to be exposed to the potential possibilities of Loopy Pro and the tools, resources and experts that emerge to provide essential context for going deeper and deeper into the platform.

I honestly don't think it does have a steep learning curve. Its basics are pretty simple. As a basic multitrack looper, it is straightforward. I think its depth lures people deep, and there is a lot to learn there. But one can get an awful lot of use with what can be learned in 10 or 20 minutes.

• I’m fine just staying here. I checked out Dischord and the UI is annoying as fuck so I’m not going to bother with it.

• I'm trying to post a message in the Beta thread on the Discord app and it won't let me post it. It gives me an error message saying that I don't "share a server with the recipient". Any ideas how to fix this?

• edited May 2022

I can't seem to wrap my head around using audib or discord for getting help from other Loopy Pro users (or vice versa, answering questions for people posting questions). Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Perhaps I just miss having a forum such as Line6.com (makers of Helix). The forum is active, and its really easy to find threads and information, or ask questions and get answers. The Line6 forum is the best I've used. Behringer's forum is the worst!!

• @soundog said:
    I can't seem to wrap my head around using audib or discord for getting help from other Loopy Pro users (or vice versa, answering questions for people posting questions). Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Perhaps I just miss having a forum such as Line6.com (makers of Helix). The forum is active, and its really easy to find threads and information, or ask questions and get answers. The Line6 forum is the best I've used. Behringer's forum is the worst!!

The elektron forum is pretty OK. The iPad apps thread there has a lot of people that just won't post here.

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

I’m not a fan of discord, but I’ve never had a problem asking or answering questions there. Likewise I don’t think I’ve seen a single Loopy Pro question that hasn’t been answered within a few hours, or more commonly a few minutes here.

Search leaves a lot to be desired on both, that’s for sure.

Anyway, it’s not at all likely to change. I can’t imagine Michael dropping Loopy Pro development to pursue a large project like launching a new forum. Nor do I think anyone wants him to do that. You do realize that this is a one man operation, right?

I’d say, if you have a question, try a quick search on either platform and if that doesn’t yield anything useful, just ask. I guarantee you’ll get responses quickly.

• @wim - I'm just whining. :) And I have had questions answered—on both platforms. My complaint is not with Michael or Loopy Pro, it's with the organization of the forums. In this forum, for example, questions and answers are in one long thread, so it's like lots of conversations going on at the same time. You have to work to find what you want, and its not always apparent what to use for a search. In a well-designed Q&A forum, each question and its answers gets its own discussion; you can just browser or search on thread titles to find what you want.

• @soundog said:
    @wim - I'm just whining. :) And I have had questions answered—on both platforms. My complaint is not with Michael or Loopy Pro, it's with the organization of the forums. In this forum, for example, questions and answers are in one long thread, so it's like lots of conversations going on at the same time. You have to work to find what you want, and its not always apparent what to use for a search. In a well-designed Q&A forum, each question and its answers gets its own discussion; you can just browser or search on thread titles to find what you want.

You can create a new thread if you don’t want to use the existing one. All forums are terrible vis-a-vis organization and findability when they hit a certain size. If answers to common questions and helpful info not covered in the mail, would find their way to the wiki that would improve findability and quality over time … but pretty much no one is interested in adding to the wiki.

• I don’t use Discord and don’t want to use it so here will be my only source for LoopyPro.