Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sitala (drum sampler) coming to iOS / iPadOS, looking for feedback

1246711

Comments

  • This looks tailor-made for the Akai MPD-218

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Looks dope. Funny @Samu we just talked about this…

    Does it take several audio formats, ie Wav, mp3, m4a, aiff, ? that’s pretty important.

    Yep, all of the above.

    I gotta +1 @Jeezs comments all of those are ideal.

    Yep, a lot of good ideas in there, and most of those things are on our long-term road-map, but most of them are also features that will take multiple months of development each.

    Is there a beta I’d be happy to help if needed.

    It's already available in the app store.

  • Can anyone confirm that sample browsing by swipe works in the AUv3?

    (I’ve bought too many drum samplers already - but better sample browsing will turn my head…)

  • @MadGav said:
    Can anyone confirm that sample browsing by swipe works in the AUv3?

    (I’ve bought too many drum samplers already - but better sample browsing will turn my head…)

    Yes. It works in both AUv3 and Standalone!

  • @scotchi - is this going to be made available for the Australia/NZ App Store users? It looks awesome, but not available here yet.

  • @scotchi said:

    @auxmux said:
    This is an enjoyable app. It's free on desktop, so really good easy to make kits and port them over to the iPad. Modulatable start and end points will be a great addition.

    It's worth noting that Sitala kits are self-contained (meaning they contain their constituent samples), so you can easily copy them between platforms. (But they still keep track of where the original samples came from, so you can still browse the original directory in the sample browser if it still exists...)

    so sitala should now be the easiest way to share beats between my ipad/iphone and my friends who use Studio One on PC? I‘d just send them the kit (and MIDI separately because there is no sequencer in sitala)? That alone would make it worth for me. Also, can someone tell me the quickest way to get chopped samples from koala into sitala?

  • @itgetslouder said:
    @scotchi - is this going to be made available for the Australia/NZ App Store users? It looks awesome, but not available here yet.

    Ooops. Hadn't noticed it wasn't available for all countries. We've just enabled it. It may take a minute for the changes to take effect.

  • @luzifer thank you, that’s excellent news!

  • This looks fab instant purchase

  • First question what formats can you import into the app as it’s not detected my iCloud wav files ?

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    First question what formats can you import into the app as it’s not detected my iCloud wav files ?

    Sitala can import pretty much all popular formats. Did you add iCloud Drive to your browser locations?
    On my device i can "Open Individual Samples" or use the iCloud Drive without problems.

  • On thing. to note is that you need to access at least one sample from the location where the rest of the samples are.
    This gives the app the permission to use the rest of the content.

  • @luzifer

    Yes I’ve added ICloud Drive nothing is showing from my Sample folder. I tried in Koala and they show see screenshots below. Last one shows Koala with the Casio RZ 1 files showing however the folder appears blank in Sitala.



  • @NeuM said:
    Made a quick song in macOS GarageBand using Sitala. A lot of fun! I think I'll be using it for future work. For the sake of speed, I used keyboard typing to trigger sounds.

    "R U Bored?"
    ℗ & © All rights reserved.

    That’s a nice bit of synth pop 👍

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    @luzifer

    Yes I’ve added ICloud Drive nothing is showing from my Sample folder. I tried in Koala and they show see screenshots below. Last one shows Koala with the Casio RZ 1 files showing however the folder appears blank in Sitala.



    Odd can you try what happens if you use "Open Individual Sample" from the "Sample" menu in the display? This brings up the native iOS open dialog.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    First question what formats can you import into the app as it’s not detected my iCloud wav files ?

    Alright. I figured out what the problem is. It will only show downloaded files on iCloud in the browser ... At the moment you have to access non-downloaded files using "Open Individual Sample". Unfortunately the same is true for swiping. I'll start to work on a fix right away!

  • @eylvy said:

    Cool!

    Drambo was one of the hosts I used for the Sitala during its beta-phase and the automation recording in Drambo was/is flawless :sunglasses:
    (Can't wait for Drambo the get proper support for recording midi from plug-ins without additional work-arounds).

  • Been playing with this this morning, nice app, thanks!

  • edited June 9

    @iTVbene said:

    so sitala should now be the easiest way to share beats between my ipad/iphone and my friends who use Studio One on PC? I‘d just send them the kit (and MIDI separately because there is no sequencer in sitala)? That alone would make it worth for me. Also, can someone tell me the quickest way to get chopped samples from koala into sitala?

    Yeah, you'd be able to move the kits directly between Studio One and Sitala.

    Koala has an option to export the samples as .wav files, which you can them import into Sitala. It also has an option to export to Live drum racks. A while back we wrote a converter from Live Drum Racks to Sitala kits (to convert the whole Samples from Mars collection), which it may now be time to dust off to see if we can get it in a state that we could throw in the general direction of users. (It'd probably be a separate converting tool rather than integrated into Sitala itself.)

  • edited June 9

    @scotchi @luzifer Will the AudioShare Files directory eventually be directly accessible in Sitala, or is that not on the roadmap? Also, is there a possibility of supporting drag and drop in the future?

  • @3sleeves said:
    @scotchi @luzifer Will the AudioShare Files directory eventually be directly accessible in Sitala, or is that not on the roadmap? Also, is there a possibility of supporting drag and drop in the future?

    This could potentially be an issue when dealing with 'Storage Provider Extensions'.
    (ie. the Storage Provider Extensions need to have support iOS/iPadOS file/folder permissions, not all do).

    This is not only limited to AudioShare but applies to DropBox and Google Drive and a few other as well...

    I don't know if/when @j_liljedahl plans to give AudioShare some much needed love & care but the storage-provider extensions could be 'scrapped' considering the overall improvements that have been made to file-management in iOS/iPadOS.

    Cheers!

  • @3sleeves said:
    @scotchi @luzifer Will the AudioShare Files directory eventually be directly accessible in Sitala, or is that not on the roadmap?

    Honestly, this is the first time we've been asked about AudioShare, so we don't have an opinion on it yet. Could you tell us a bit more about how you use it? Does it have its own audio format, or is it just for moving things back and forth?

    We've talked about supporting transferring kits between the desktop and iOS versions from within the app, but we haven't started to look at what it'd take to implement that.

    Also, is there a possibility of supporting drag and drop in the future?

    Yeah, totally makes sense to add. Unfortunately the application framework we're using (JUCE, used by a lot of audio apps) doesn't currently support drag and drop on iOS, but we'll look at adding it ourselves. Sitala uses drag and drop extensively on other platforms.

  • @Samu said:

    @3sleeves said:
    @scotchi @luzifer Will the AudioShare Files directory eventually be directly accessible in Sitala, or is that not on the roadmap? Also, is there a possibility of supporting drag and drop in the future?

    This could potentially be an issue when dealing with 'Storage Provider Extensions'.
    (ie. the Storage Provider Extensions need to have support iOS/iPadOS file/folder permissions, not all do).

    This is not only limited to AudioShare but applies to DropBox and Google Drive and a few other as well...

    I don't know if/when @j_liljedahl plans to give AudioShare some much needed love & care but the storage-provider extensions could be 'scrapped' considering the overall improvements that have been made to file-management in iOS/iPadOS.

    Cheers!

    Yes, I will probably scrap it in the future AudioShare 3, and instead rely on the standard iOS Files system. But there need to be backwards compatibility so users can at least move their files from the old location.

  • @scotchi & @luzifer It's definitely an issue with File Provider Extensions and 'Folder Permissions' when it comes to AudioShare.

    Single files (Open Individual Sample...') can easily be loaded from AudioShare but 'Folders' can not be set as 'Locations'.

    Cheers!

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    Yes, I will probably scrap it in the future AudioShare 3, and instead rely on the standard iOS Files system. But there need to be backwards compatibility so users can at least move their files from the old location.

    Would that just be a matter of moving the files to the 'iTunes File-Sharing' folder in AudioShare an exposing that folder in Files.app? (That is if the user is on a device with Files.app which has been around for quite some time).

  • @Samu said:

    @j_liljedahl said:

    Yes, I will probably scrap it in the future AudioShare 3, and instead rely on the standard iOS Files system. But there need to be backwards compatibility so users can at least move their files from the old location.

    Would that just be a matter of moving the files to the 'iTunes File-Sharing' folder in AudioShare an exposing that folder in Files.app? (That is if the user is on a device with Files.app which has been around for quite some time).

    Yes, I think so.

  • edited June 9

    @scotchi said:

    @echoopera said:
    How do you Slice to Pads with this? It’s disabled in the contextual menu of Sample:

    You just drop in a sample with multiple transients, and it should automatically detect that it can be sliced.

    Ahh ok. I was importing melodic samples and was hoping for it to slice it up based on n# slices. Is there a reason it requires transients to be present? Is it because it’s designed to support drum samples?

    Any chance it will support melodic samples with user defined slices in a future update?

    Thanks.

  • @echoopera said:

    Ahh ok. I was importing melodic samples and was hoping for it to slice it up based on n# slices. Is there a reason it requires transients to be present? Is it because it’s designed to support drum samples?

    Any chance it will support melodic samples with user defined slices in a future update?

    At the moment Sitala is heavily geared towards being a percussion sampler. It's possible we'd do something geared towards being a melodic sampler in the future, but our general feeling is that that should be a separate app, not part of Sitala.

  • @scotchi said:

    @3sleeves said:
    @scotchi @luzifer Will the AudioShare Files directory eventually be directly accessible in Sitala, or is that not on the roadmap?

    Honestly, this is the first time we've been asked about AudioShare, so we don't have an opinion on it yet. Could you tell us a bit more about how you use it? Does it have its own audio format, or is it just for moving things back and forth?

    We've talked about supporting transferring kits between the desktop and iOS versions from within the app, but we haven't started to look at what it'd take to implement that.

    Also, is there a possibility of supporting drag and drop in the future?

    Yeah, totally makes sense to add. Unfortunately the application framework we're using (JUCE, used by a lot of audio apps) doesn't currently support drag and drop on iOS, but we'll look at adding it ourselves. Sitala uses drag and drop extensively on other platforms.

    AudioShare is an audio file manager and editor. For many years it has been the most efficient tool for managing and sharing samples between apps on iOS (Files is clunky to preview sounds and lacks editing features).

    Drag and drop is a handy alternative workflow option, especially when using apps like SampleCrate (like Files but with a better preview and the ability to easily grab a “crate” of samples to import in one drag to another app, like Koala).

    With these current limitations it’s difficult for users who manage their libraries in AudioShare to use Sitala with much efficiency. At the moment this app makes more sense for users who manage their files in iCloud storage primarily.

    Thanks for the reply and clarification.

Sign In or Register to comment.