Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo Instruments

So i'm giving Drambo another go and trying to work out how to use it. Im making progress and I really like it now I can load AU's straight into it.

Does anyone have any good instruments they use or stuff they use or have made in Drambo, if so could you upload them here to download.

I know there's patch storage but I don't understand what half of the stuff posted on there is or its any good.

Please link me your good stuff

Comments

• Most of the stuff that on PS is very decent as it is predominantly made by the core beta team. Most of it has explanations and/or video with it.

Do not dismiss it as it is a very good resource made so your Drambo experience is easier.

Most of patches are either in a project or instrument rack format so ready to load and play.

• Patch storage is exactly how I’ve learned so much about Drambo. If you open those projects and instruments and start dissecting stuff, you’ll start understanding what it’s doing and why. Maybe avoid some of the fm synth stuff for now but even the effects can teach a lot

• Yes but most of the time I can’t the stuff I download from there to work.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@WigWamBam said:
    Yes but most of the time I can’t the stuff I download from there to work.

Then how would listing apps here improve that? Maybe you're trying to fix the wrong problem. ;) ✌🏼

If you have problems loading a patch, asking about it here or on the Drambo forum will most likely get you up and running in no time or, if a patch is really broken, will result in it getting fixed.

• @wim said:

@WigWamBam said:

Then how would listing apps here improve that? Maybe you're trying to fix the wrong problem. ;) ✌🏼

If you have problems loading a patch, asking about it here or on the Drambo forum will most likely get you up and running in no time or, if a patch is really broken, will result in it getting fixed.

I’m asking for peoples recommendations really there’s so much stuff on patch storage, plus like I said most of them don’t seem to work.

• edited January 2022

Downloading and opening shared racks in Drambo can be a little confusing. Drambo itself has project files, and then various different kinds of presets, which are mostly what is shared on Patchstorage. There are instrument, processor, and midi racks, as well as track presets. When you download a rack in your browser and select it from the downloads, Drambo will open, and then ask you where you want to save the rack. Generally, it will try and save it in the Instrument Rack, Processor Rack, or Midi Rack folders of the module browser. Confirm the location, then hit save.

Now you need to open it! Tap the module add button on a track, then go to Generators, Processors, or MIDI. You’ll see a _____ Rack option with a presets button next to it. That opens the preset browser and you will see your downloaded preset.

This is a super quick, no voice + no mouse cursor walkthrough.

Projects will actually open. This is great, but the downside is the user needs to know to save the rack now :)

I think the reason why Drambo won’t just “open” a preset is that it would need to know exactly what project, what track, and where in the routing you’d want that rack to go. You’re essentially downloading a module for use anywhere in Drambo.

• @WigWamBam said:

@wim said:

@WigWamBam said:

I’m asking for peoples recommendations really there’s so much stuff on patch storage, plus like I said most of them don’t seem to work.

I think you're assuming that "most" of the patches are defective. I doubt that. I think you may just need help understanding how to load them. Also, you might get more meaningful recommendations if you mention what types of patches would interest you.

• @WigWamBam said:

When you download something that doesn’t work, post a question and maybe demonstration of what you did, and someone may help you get it working…which would also add to your knowledge for getting similar things to work.

Most of my problems getting downloaded things to work has been my lack of understanding of how some things work. And when folks have helped me, it has improved my understanding.

• edited January 2022

Bcrichards, thank you so much I get it now.

• edited January 2022

Thanks for your helpful suggestions so far. It appears I’ve been trying to load the patches the wrong way into Drambo 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Off-topic question… @bcrichards are you by any chance Ben Richards?. As in the YouTube Drambo tutorials Ben Richards?. If you are, I’m a huuuge fan.

• @tahiche said:

Off-topic question… @bcrichards are you by any chance Ben Richards?. As in the YouTube Drambo tutorials Ben Richards?. If you are, I’m a huuuge fan.

Ooh! Ben, you've been outed.

• @tahiche thats me! Thanks! Really I wish I had more time to record Drambo vids. Had a kid in summer 2020 and it’s hard to get the time now :) parents of Audiobus, when did your toddler get into modular synthesis???

Once the new version is released, I’m planning on doing a lot more but it will all be at its own pace. There’s a lot of new features + functionality to be discussed and I’ll hopefully get around to making more racks.

• @WigWamBam said:
    So i'm giving Drambo another go and trying to work out how to use it. Im making progress and I really like it now I can load AU's straight into it.

Does anyone have any good instruments they use or stuff they use or have made in Drambo, if so could you upload them here to download.

I know there's patch storage but I don't understand what half of the stuff posted on there is or its any good.

Please link me your good stuff

Also there is usually a description/directions on how to use the patches that are listed on Patchstorage once you go into that particular patches page.

• @bcrichards said:
    ... When you download a rack in your browser and select it from the downloads, Drambo will open, and then ask you where you want to save the rack.

Let me add one very important little detail:
    When you open a preset (not a project) in Drambo, the save dialog will tell you what preset type you're dealing with.
    If it's an Instrument Rack, the title will say "Import Instrument Rack Preset".

Make sure you remember that so in order to use the preset in your own projects, you know where to find it in the "+" (Add module) menu.

That's why I've decided to always upload complete projects, sometimes with a little demo to preview it, you either hit Play or tap on the onscreen keyboard. You can then still decide how to use it - either save a rack preset, hack the project and start from it immediately or just select a bunch of modules, hit Copy, open your own project and hit Paste where you want it inserted.

• @bcrichards said:
    @tahiche thats me! Thanks! Really I wish I had more time to record Drambo vids. Had a kid in summer 2020 and it’s hard to get the time now :) parents of Audiobus, when did your toddler get into modular synthesis???

Once the new version is released, I’m planning on doing a lot more but it will all be at its own pace. There’s a lot of new features + functionality to be discussed and I’ll hopefully get around to making more racks.

In your videos you do some mad-scientist crazy shit but with a very calming and relaxed tone. Very soothing. Love your style!. Congrats on being a parent, but keep them coming! 🙌🤓

• @tahiche thanks! I really appreciate that.

• @bcrichards i’m SO much looking forward to the Drambo update AND to your future videos. Like @tahiche i’m also a fan 😊.
    And congrats on the parenthood 😊

• Another fan here 🙌 Also a dad since 2020 😊 August 5, het name is Maya. Looking forward to both new videos and Drambo update. Hadn’t a clue and flicked it away before watching your excellent explanations on YouTube! Thanks a bunch.

• @new parents of Audiobus it has been a wild year and half. Thankful for a device that lets us make music in spurts in between all the madness @Frank303 mine was born just about a week before yours!

• Could someone please list out what's been proposed/promised for the upcoming Drambo update? Not after a commitment or timeline - just something to get excited about now that Xmas has been and gone

• There isn’t a list... it’s still shaping...
    Few details were leaked by the dev
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47657/drambo-this-was-just-posted-on-facebook/p1

• @bcrichards - thanks for your great & abundant videos!!
    I got Drambo & thought I could figure it out. Uh, nope.
    Watched your videos, thought I'd figured it out. Nope.
    Started rewatching your videos & others, now taking copious notes. Finally figuring it out.

Some amazing possibilities in there!

I'm still a newb, used to do all Ableton, but slowly getting things in Drambo to start sounding how I'd like.

I'm loving so much of it, esp the generative music aspects. Also really like how you showed how to automate changing effects using other modules -- but I didn't take notes on that video, so I'll have to rewatch! Ha Ha

• Gotta ask this real quick..:can you use the instruments you make in Drambo inside GarageBand (by using Drambo as an AU)?

• @Fear2Stop said:
    Gotta ask this real quick..:can you use the instruments you make in Drambo inside GarageBand (by using Drambo as an AU)?

Yes, once the Drambo AUv3 is loaded load the instrument just as you do in stand-alone...
    Just remember that an AUv3 can not load other AUv3 so if you Drambo instrument contains AUv3's it will not load when Drambo is used as an AUv3.

• @Samu said:

@Fear2Stop said:
    Gotta ask this real quick..:can you use the instruments you make in Drambo inside GarageBand (by using Drambo as an AU)?

Yes, once the Drambo AUv3 is loaded load the instrument just as you do in stand-alone...
    Just remember that an AUv3 can not load other AUv3 so if you Drambo instrument contains AUv3's it will not load when Drambo is used as an AUv3.

Roger that…that’s good to know!

I think I’m gonna take the plunge 😎