Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Generative apps that let you specify intervals?

I was wondering if there were any generative apps that let the user specify what kind of intervals they'd like to generate such as perfect 4ths, fifths, minor 6ths, etc, and maybe even mess with the probability of these happening.

Thanks!

Comments

• Wotja has ‘Next Note’ rules like this. They work in conjunction with Scale Rules , Note length rules… and oh so much more!

Try the free version (only one midi channel) to see if it gives you what you want…

• Thanks! I originally passed on it because I wasn't looking to do ambient music, but will take another look based on this.

• @AlexY said:
    I was wondering if there were any generative apps that let the user specify what kind of intervals they'd like to generate such as perfect 4ths, fifths, minor 6ths, etc, and maybe even mess with the probability of these happening.

Thanks!

Have a look at arpbud and his other sequencer apps.

• @AlexY said:

Thanks! I originally passed on it because I wasn't looking to do ambient music, but will take another look based on this.

Yes, Wotja can do a lot more than ambient; it tends to gravitate that way because it's not really set up to prioritise chord progressions, but its generative sequencing tools are very versatile and powerful, especially with the new percussion soundfonts and Euclidean options. You can create self-composing grooves, neverending fugues, multi-melodic mashups. Just banging five tracks of percussion templates together in the free version can be surprisingly hypnotic.

• Step Poly Arp. It generate patterns and you can adjust the semitones on the left panel. I wouldn’t necessarily call SPA a generative app, but it has that feature and is quite a deep app.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Step Poly Arp. It generate patterns and you can adjust the semitones on the left panel. I wouldn’t necessarily call SPA a generative app, but it has that feature and is quite a deep app.

I’d say the random mode on SPA is generative. And you can mix and match with roots and specified intervals. Quite flexible!

• edited January 2022

You can also check out MelodyBud as well. You can specify the randomised notes for the pattern or for the individual steps with parameter-locks - and also lots of other values like octave, velocity, gate lenght, ratchets etc.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/melodybud-generative-sequencer/id1601357369

• edited January 2022

@cem_olcay said:
    You can also check out MelodyBud as well. You can specify the randomised notes for the pattern or for the individual steps with parameter-locks - and also lots of other values like octave, velocity, gate lenght, ratchets etc.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/melodybud-generative-sequencer/id1601357369

Definitely another good option.

• Thank you everyone!