Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fundamental 2 is out

123457»

Comments

• @Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    I feel like buying the new version would be disrespectful to Hainbach, I can’t buy the old one and the cut down thing is not what I wanted.

The original old version is still on the app store:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fundamental/id1526745452

Oh wow, yeah thank you - it’s back. It definitely wasn’t there when I went looking for it though.

• @Hainbach said:
    @Jamie_Mallender Yeah sorry about that.
    A really nice alternative, though with a very different approach and sound, is AuGenX. It’s very powerful combined with AUM. It brings you very close to the spirit of test equipment music.

Thank you. I half watched Doug’s stream on this, I think I was driving at the time. I’ll go give it a proper watch.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@Hainbach said:
    A really nice alternative, though with a very different approach and sound, is AuGenX. It’s very powerful combined with AUM. It brings you very close to the spirit of test equipment music.

Thank you. I half watched Doug’s stream on this, I think I was driving at the time. I’ll go give it a proper watch.

I can’t recommend Fundamental 1 and AU Gen X enough. 2 desert island plugins for me. Gen X is a little harder to grasp at first (imo) but is so worth the time. Run it through something like Alteza or the new MagicVerb and it’s heavenly.

• @Hainbach said:

Good call! Another favorite of mine along with Fund1.

• @Hainbach said:

Great call Hainbach. AuGenX is a pure and beautiful tool. Combined with FX and using several instances it can do a lot. Hope you're well! We all really appreciate you.

• Oh wow, augen x really does hit the spot. Using it with Drambo gets some really wild results. I’d like to figure out how to use the math modules to try and get some of the modulation options from fundamental going on

• edited May 2022

Just downloaded Fundamental 2. It sounds great, but is so buggy. A number of controls only respond intermittently. Very frustrating to use because of that. I’ve had two crashes already. This is all in the first maybe twenty minutes. I can’t find the AU version in AUM.

The third row in the preset menu rarely responds to tap selection. Less than 5% of taps in that row are successful.

It sounds good, but I am seriously considering a return given the poor performance. I only return broken apps, and this sure seems like one. Very disappointing given the excellent sounds. Judging from earlier posts in this thread it us not just me having problems. Three months later it’s still not working.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Just downloaded Fundamental 2. It sounds great, but is so buggy. A number of controls only respond intermittently. Very frustrating to use because of that. I’ve had two crashes already. This is all in the first maybe twenty minutes. I can’t find the AU version in AUM.

The third row in the preset menu rarely responds to tap selection. Less than 5% of taps in that row are successful.

It sounds good, but I am seriously considering a return given the poor performance. I only return broken apps, and this sure seems like one. Very disappointing given the excellent sounds. Judging from earlier posts in this thread it us not just me having problems. Three months later it’s still not working.

Have you tried resetting your iPad?

• Immediate app crash in the new version any time i try to open a preset i have saved in the internal AUM menu. Anyone else?

• Was chatting to Sinan, he recognises there is an issue, may be iOS 15 related, he's looking into it

• @Gavinski said:
    Immediate app crash in the new version any time i try to open a preset i have saved in the internal AUM menu. Anyone else?

Didn’t buy Fundamental 2, sorry.

• Looks like Fundamental V1 has gone from the appstore for good now, as expected...

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    I feel like buying the new version would be disrespectful to Hainbach, I can’t buy the old one and the cut down thing is not what I wanted.

Oh wow, yeah thank you - it’s back. It definitely wasn’t there when I went looking for it though.

No longer there. Which is frustrating, as I just deleted my v1 of Fundamental, to reinstall because of a bug, forgetting to check if it's in the app store first. :(

• @andowrites said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

No longer there. Which is frustrating, as I just deleted my v1 of Fundamental, to reinstall because of a bug, forgetting to check if it's in the app store first. :(

It should still be in your purchased apps list, I think it’s only if the dev completely absconds that stuff disappears irretrievably

• @Krupa said:

@andowrites said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

It should still be in your purchased apps list, I think it’s only if the dev completely absconds that stuff disappears irretrievably

Ooh. I'll take a look.

• @andowrites said:

@Krupa said:

@andowrites said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

Ooh. I'll take a look.

Yay! It's there! Thank you so much! Downloading it now. :)

• @andowrites said:

@andowrites said:

@Krupa said:

@andowrites said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@Simon said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

Ooh. I'll take a look.

Yay! It's there! Thank you so much! Downloading it now. :)

Ah great, all’s well that ends well 😁

• @Krupa said:

Ah great, all’s well that ends well 😁

Oh yes. B)

• Interesting - no mention of Hainbach on the app store descrption any more.

• @Simon said:
    Interesting - no mention of Hainbach on the app store descrption any more.

I noticed that too.

• Does Fundamental not have a midi linked button to the trigger.

Like Thermo.

So when a midi command turns it on. The midi command can turn it off?

• I fixed it.