Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fundamental 2 is out

Comments

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:
    Bear in mind that the code you'll get for $20 store credit if you own both Fundamental 1 and 2 for iPad is only valid for 48 hours so don't ask for one unless you're going to use it in the next couple of days...if you've already got one that's invalid you can get a new one by emailing the Soniclab support address.

Wowzers! You have to own both apps to get a code?

Yep - just email support[at]sonic-lab.com and he'll reply with a code.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:
    Bear in mind that the code you'll get for $20 store credit if you own both Fundamental 1 and 2 for iPad is only valid for 48 hours so don't ask for one unless you're going to use it in the next couple of days...if you've already got one that's invalid you can get a new one by emailing the Soniclab support address.

One of the two.

I got fundamental one and received the code.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:

One of the two.

From the Fundamental 2 iOS launch email:

"We offer 20USD discount on any purchase on sonicLAB webshop for the existing Fundamental1 iOS users who will purchase the Fundamental2 iOS as well.
    Please reach us at support (at) sonic-lab (dot) com for any questions. "

Admittedly there's no checking of actual ownership...

• @enkaytee said:

Hahaha. Seriously?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@enkaytee said:

Hahaha. Seriously?

Yep - happened to me...

• @enkaytee said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:

One of the two.

From the Fundamental 2 iOS launch email:

"We offer 20USD discount on any purchase on sonicLAB webshop for the existing Fundamental1 iOS users who will purchase the Fundamental2 iOS as well.
    Please reach us at support (at) sonic-lab (dot) com for any questions. "

Admittedly there's no checking of actual ownership...

I send them the receipt but they did not ask for it.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I feel like his social status has inflated his ego to the point where it is privilege for us to be able to use his software: http://www.spaceunder.com/about/sinan-bokesoy/

That looks like a fairly standard artistic/academic 'CV' to me. It certainly doesn't suggest that he's a star in the 'academic electronic music scene' (which is a little bit like being a famous Skiffle musician. That and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee).

I've been put off by all the bugs in version 1. I don't think $20 is too high per se, but it is for a buggy application. Now that he's essentially abandoned the first version and put out a new version that seems very similar for the same price... Yeah I'll pass. There are more than enough music apps on IOS to put up with sketchy developers. Pity.

• @cian said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    I feel like his social status has inflated his ego to the point where it is privilege for us to be able to use his software: http://www.spaceunder.com/about/sinan-bokesoy/

That looks like a fairly standard artistic/academic 'CV' to me. It certainly doesn't suggest that he's a star in the 'academic electronic music scene' (which is a little bit like being a famous Skiffle musician. That and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee).

I've been put off by all the bugs in version 1. I don't think $20 is too high per se, but it is for a buggy application. Now that he's essentially abandoned the first version and put out a new version that seems very similar for the same price... Yeah I'll pass. There are more than enough music apps on IOS to put up with sketchy developers. Pity.

Good points 😞
    Making a product for the public, but not being interested in their feedback is counterproductive. Hopefully he opens himself up to feedback so the app can reach the next level!

It’s almost impossible to create anything great without user feedback. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @Hainbach said:
    Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

Imagining the unspoken backstory….

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Hainbach said:
    Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

Imagining the unspoken backstory….

Yikes

• I love the first Fundamental app. It’s a desert island app for me. But right now, I can’t bring myself to pay $23 for just the morphing feature. Not that it’s not a cool feature, it is. But for $23 when I spent $20 on the first app a year (or less) ago. Doesn’t sit right with me. What a shame.

• @HotStrange said:
    I love the first Fundamental app. It’s a desert island app for me. But right now, I can’t bring myself to pay $23 for just the morphing feature. Not that it’s not a cool feature, it is. But for $23 when I spent $20 on the first app a year (or less) ago. Doesn’t sit right with me. What a shame.

agree totally with you, Fundamental 1 is a unique and beautiful sound-making thing, I use it all the time, an extra 23 euros for the morpher and "morse" algorithms seems excessive and leaves a bad taste somewhat.

• @sevenape said:

@HotStrange said:
    I love the first Fundamental app. It’s a desert island app for me. But right now, I can’t bring myself to pay $23 for just the morphing feature. Not that it’s not a cool feature, it is. But for $23 when I spent $20 on the first app a year (or less) ago. Doesn’t sit right with me. What a shame.

agree totally with you, Fundamental 1 is a unique and beautiful sound-making thing, I use it all the time, an extra 23 euros for the morpher and "morse" algorithms seems excessive and leaves a bad taste somewhat.

The $20 discount in the store is a bit of a sweetener but only if you want to buy the SonicLAB desktop synths / plugins - there's a few that have been ported to iOS, and the 'higher end' synths / generators (Cosmos) are pretty good (but pricey). Thermo is a similar beast to Fundamental - tricky to master but a lot of fun - would be cool if that arrived on iOS someday. I totally get that spending another $23 for a minimal set of updates isn't great marketing but I did spring for it and snagged PassBOT for desktop with $20 off...which I'm pretty happy with...

• @enkaytee said:

@sevenape said:

@HotStrange said:

The $20 discount in the store is a bit of a sweetener but only if you want to buy the SonicLAB desktop synths / plugins - there's a few that have been ported to iOS, and the 'higher end' synths / generators (Cosmos) are pretty good (but pricey). Thermo is a similar beast to Fundamental - tricky to master but a lot of fun - would be cool if that arrived on iOS someday. I totally get that spending another $23 for a minimal set of updates isn't great marketing but I did spring for it and snagged PassBOT for desktop with $20 off...which I'm pretty happy with...

I must say the upcoming ERnd Envelope looks nice to play with... Maybe a few more updates and I may be tempted.

• @sevenape said:

@enkaytee said:

@sevenape said:

@HotStrange said:

I must say the upcoming ERnd Envelope looks nice to play with... Maybe a few more updates and I may be tempted.

That’s my plan. I’m gonna watch it and see where it’s at a few weeks/months from now. In the mean time, the first edition is still tons of fun and I just bought Drambo recently so I have plenty to keep me busy.

• @sevenape said:

@enkaytee said:

@sevenape said:

@HotStrange said:

That's mesmerising!

• I had agift card to use so I took the dive on a $20 app. And since I have a new iPad I figured it would run better than my previous version on my old iPad. The 4 way morph seems to be really usable. And the patches are sick so far so good on the hyper s[ace tip. It kinda seems like the one app creator dude snagged it from hainbaach but I don't know. I would think he should get a cut.

• Wow. That’s not a good look for the developer… Customers suffer as well. Crazy.

• soap opera?!:)

• Yeah I can see, that's a shame there's been a disagreement.

• edited January 2022

Sad that their partnership broke down. Both are clearly super-talented and creative men.

Edit: Reading the text in the origins App Store page is a tad disturbing. I understand his position and even sympathize, but airing this disagreement in public is not a good idea. He’s not winning any friends with this move.

• Jeebus, that’s impressive.

• All of his apps now deleted… no further support from me.

• It makes no sense at all. How can he give Hainbach’s part away for free?

• I actually hope the developer is OK because this is extremely unprofessional and leaves a bad taste.

• If nothing else my willingness to pony up for F2 hasn’t exactly increased.

• edited January 2022

Honestly, I think that the workload that Sinan Bökesoy put in this application was bigger, taking into account that he did the code, but also integrated a lot of the complex systems included in the Cosmof series. We're talking about years of work and investigation. That without counting the support, updates, multiple plugins architectures, operating systems.

They both made the mistake of not having a previous contract stipulating this.

And he has the right to release a second version without Hainbach, because this is the only way in which projects of this complexity can remain profitable.

But releasing a "vengeance" app criticizing Hainbach is a terrible mistake.

I still think that Sinan Bökesoy is a genius and an incredibly talented developer, running one of the most creative plugins companies in the industry.

But he completely lacks social skills. That is a thing that can be said from a lot of other mathematical geniuses like him.

• edited January 2022

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Sad that their partnership broke down. Both are clearly super-talented and creative men.

Edit: Reading the text in the origins App Store page is a tad disturbing. I understand his position and even sympathize, but airing this disagreement in public is not a good idea. He’s not winning any friends with this move.

Zero Emotional Intelligence

• I think this goes beyond poor manners. It seems ethically questionable behavior.

• edited January 2022

Even if Hainbach's only technical contribution were the samples, his brand name and marketing videos still must have sold a lot of copies. I still want this app though. I can do business with jerks so long as they are honest and reliable, but the pettiness of this thing concerns me re the longevity of the support and development for this project on ios.