Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fundamental 2 is out

Comments

• Apparently there already was a bundle that I was completely unaware of.. BUT now Fundamental 1 is MIA from the Canadian store (+ this bundle)..

• hmm, I've downloaded Fundamental v1.5 with Imazing just in case it's not coming back, recommend others to do same.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Fundamental 1 just disappeared from the appstore (at least in Argentina).. I hope this is some kind of transition/bundle thing, otherwise it'd be a really unfair market trick

The fastest two euros reduction ever😂😂😂
    I will stick on one for now💪

• Fundamental is back in the store at the same price as the new version.

• Have to say based on the additional features in Fundamental 2, being a version 1 owner, I won’t be upgrading at the cost they are proposing. Great app, but the additional features are simply not worth paying the same again. I’m hoping a reasonable upgrade bundle may appear, but honestly not going to hold my breath.

• @Simon said:
    Fundamental is back in the store at the same price as the new version.

But now the bundle is gone.

• @ik2000 said:
    Have to say based on the additional features in Fundamental 2, being a version 1 owner, I won’t be upgrading at the cost they are proposing. Great app, but the additional features are simply not worth paying the same again. I’m hoping a reasonable upgrade bundle may appear, but honestly not going to hold my breath.

Yep

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@waka_x said:
    Philandering_Bastard:
    hows the cpu usage ?!

Sorry, haven’t bought it yet, not sure I will.

I have bought it, as I loved v1 and the morphing engine looks very interesting. On a quick test, using the same high-DSP preset (Hainbach's Cupola), v1 peaks at about 42% on my iPad 6th gen, v2 peaks at about 64%, so it’s using more processing power.

@Hainbach said:
    Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

Really hope you’re still getting income from it, as your preset bank is still included.

Also, I’ll join the chorus of people wanting Audiodamage to port Wires, Motor and Gong Amp to iOS!

And thank you for Fundamental and Gauss, two of my favourite apps.

• @bygjohn said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@waka_x said:
    Philandering_Bastard:
    hows the cpu usage ?!

I have bought it, as I loved v1 and the morphing engine looks very interesting. On a quick test, using the same high-DSP preset (Hainbach's Cupola), v1 peaks at about 42% on my iPad 6th gen, v2 peaks at about 64%, so it’s using more processing power.

Thanks, very helpful.

+1 @Hainbach

• @Hainbach said:
    Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

We all want your wonderful WIRES on iOS. Please, please please!

• Ok, I was a sucker, and just opened it and I can’t get it to change/load presets in AUM. Tap does nothing. Instant refund, not cool, and don’t have the patience for it to get fixed.

• Preset selection doesn’t work in standalone either. Don’t buy this tripe. It may be a good app, but this developer has consistently shown very little regard towards iOS versions.

• @bygjohn said:

@waka_x said:
    Philandering_Bastard:
    hows the cpu usage ?!

@Hainbach said:

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

Really hope you’re still getting income from it, as your preset bank is still included.

Also, I’ll join the chorus of people wanting Audiodamage to port Wires, Motor and Gong Amp to iOS!

And thank you for Fundamental and Gauss, two of my favourite apps.

I’m about to buy Gong Amp for the mac but I’d instantly buy it on iOS as well. Hainbach is just a treasure trove for good ideas.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Ok, I was a sucker, and just opened it and I can’t get it to change/load presets in AUM. Tap does nothing. Instant refund, not cool, and don’t have the patience for it to get fixed.

I can’t select presets in AUM, BM3 or standalone mode. Sent an email to the dev will report back when I have an answer. Here’s the email address as the website help page wasn’t working.
    [email protected]

• I don’t care about support emails after last time. This isn’t their first rodeo. Good luck with it though

• Elephant in the room question: Where is “ Fundamental1 and 2 iOS users will have discount at sonicLAB”???

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Elephant in the room question: Where is “ Fundamental1 and 2 iOS users will have discount at sonicLAB”???

From the horse’s mouth: “ just reach [email protected] and we will start delivering the discount coupons this monday..”

No idea whether you’ll need to show proof of purchase or something else.

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Elephant in the room question: Where is “ Fundamental1 and 2 iOS users will have discount at sonicLAB”???

From the horse’s mouth: “ just reach [email protected] and we will start delivering the discount coupons this monday..”

Thank you!

• @oat_phipps said:
    I don’t care about support emails after last time. This isn’t their first rodeo. Good luck with it though

The update is out and fixed the preset selection issue. What happened last time?

• It’s still fiddly. Sometimes I can’t change a parameter, it keeps locking it in place out of nowhere

• What a joke !

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Thank you!

Just email [email protected] and tell him you have both Fundamental and Fundamental2. Don't know if there are any checks on validity but I got a code in a couple of hours.

• @enkaytee said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Thank you!

Just email [email protected] and tell him you have both Fundamental and Fundamental2. Don't know if there are any checks on validity but I got a code in a couple of hours.

Here’s what they told me:

“ Hi

Existing Fundamental iOS users who purchase the new Fundamental2 iOS as well are offered a $20 USD discount on any purchase in the sonicLAB webshop, and not on the AppStore. AppStore is run by Apple, there are no discount codes on the AppStore.

best wishes”

• good to know - not to buy from these ppl...

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Thank you!

“ Hi

Existing Fundamental iOS users who purchase the new Fundamental2 iOS as well are offered a $20 USD discount on any purchase in the sonicLAB webshop, and not on the AppStore. AppStore is run by Apple, there are no discount codes on the AppStore.

best wishes”

I am baffled by this. Why not offer a bundle of Fundamental 1 & 2 where the buyers of version 1 get a 50% discount, say? Plenty of other developers have done exactly this.

I am baffled by this. Why not offer a bundle of Fundamental 1 & 2 where the buyers of version 1 get a 50% discount, say? Plenty of other developers have done exactly this.

Just a thought but I don't think they care what you and I want?

• edited January 2022

@Ailerom said:

Just a thought but I don't think they care what you and I want?

I don't think the developer is that well up on the App Store and iOS in general - the interfaces of the iPad apps are straight copies of the desktop plugins without any real attempt to customise them for a smaller touch screen. He probably doesn't 'get' that a bundle would be a great way to drum up repeat business for Fundamental for iOS music makers who don't want or need his desktop synths or effects - which is all you'll be able to get the $20 discount on...

• edited January 2022

He had a previous bundle with the Passbot/Volbot/F1 so I'm expecting he might at least add one with Passbot/Volbot/F2.

@Stuntman_mike said:

@enkaytee said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Thank you!

“ Hi

best wishes”

I have to say - I feel the same -

While having purchased Fundamental 1 in it`s early days - one felt like a beta tester who had to pay for the gratitude to test an non-tested „iOS-format-app“ —-

Some quirks got solved - others haven’t —- since then - and it still doesn’t feel like a „very optimized“ app for the Ipad-screen - not to speak of the preset system ...

And now - not to offer a real upgrade bundle for existing users of ... just makes me speechless ...

And no - 20 Euro Bonus on the Webshop for desktop apps - is not at all a benefit for an Ipad musician ...

However - i will write an email to the develeoper - asking for another solution -

and if the current solution is his final word about it - I will kindly skip his products from now on - no matter how nice they are to play with .-.. - but this just feels „not nice“ at all ...