Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live or playback?

I'll start with this one:

Comments

• Live. No-one could overdub that well. The outstanding quality of the recording is the only thing that would even begin to make me suspicious.

• edited January 2022

They are brilliant: my favorite cover of Tower of Power‘s What is Hip, scnr
    Can a Shamisen do funk ??? yeah...

• @wim said:
    Live. No-one could overdub that well. The outstanding quality of the recording is the only thing that would even begin to make me suspicious.

Hm. I just wonder who played the flute and the Rhodes in the first vid.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@rs2000 said:

@wim said:
    Live. No-one could overdub that well. The outstanding quality of the recording is the only thing that would even begin to make me suspicious.

Hm. I just wonder who played the flute and the Rhodes in the first vid.

I didn't know you were excluding playing over a backing track vs. faking it over a full recording. Big difference.

If they are faking, then they are some of the best fakers in the history of faking. Watch the hi-hat chokes. That'd be pretty damn hard to fake.

• Most probably they recorded the core rhythm section live
    and then over dubbed horn parts and added extra keys.
    For instance where's the guitarist?

• Great stuff!

I’m in love with the bass player’s pickguard! ❤️😻❤️

@Telefunky said:
    Can a Shamisen do funk ???

Absolutely!

• @LinzHenderson said:
    Great stuff!

I’m in love with the bass player’s pickguard! ❤️😻❤️

@Telefunky said:
    Can a Shamisen do funk ???

Absolutely!

WTF?
    Love it! 😃😃

• I don’t know but it’s super. The keyboardist seemed off a fraction at times and some notes she played I didn’t hear. Couldn’t pin it down tho.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I don’t know but it’s super. The keyboardist seemed off a fraction at times and some notes she played I didn’t hear. Couldn’t pin it down tho.

That's what I've noticed, yes. It just felt weird, being used to see musicians actually playing what I hear...
    For sure I'm supposed to watch other body parts, not their hands :p