Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An app that is a collection of „exotic“ filters and maybe allows you to stack them and automate stuf

edited January 2022 in General App Discussion

I was wondering if such an app exists…. We know LP,HP,BP filters, but it would interest me what else is there and if there’s already an ideal app to play around with them. Comb filters, „vocal“ filters, and I dont know what else there is, rare, weird, uncommon, out here, anything else that might give interesting characteristics to your instruments, and maybe weird parameters to play around with and automate.

I realize theres apps like SF-1 but those seem mostly centered around „classical“ High/low/band pass filters… and then there’s the talkbox plugin from 4pockets, I guess that kind of goes in the direction I’m thinking about… I guess playing around with IRs would also go into a similar direction, but then again IRs are „static“ and contain a reverb component as well…

I don’t know, I don’t have any special application in mind, just on the lookout for interesting stuff ;)

Comments

• For just plain exotic, check out Classic FX by Igor Vasiliev,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/classic-fx/id1471754938

• I would definitely check out Sugarbytes' WOW Filterbox.

In terms of "uncommon effects", there are Drambo patches on Patchstorage. Here are some other interesting FX, off the top of my head:

Turnado
    miRack
    Velvet Machine
    Rymdigare
    Frekvens
    CuSnP
    FAC Alteza
    Infinitum Delayrium

• Fabfilter Volcano 3

• Love ‘em or hate ‘em, IK Multimedia’s MixBox CS is still a spectacular value.

• https://klevgrand.se/products/kuvert

Maybe Klevgrand's Kuvert
    Never got it though, so you gotta do some video searches or try the demo on desktop to see if it fits your desired workflow

• Traditonal filters: Blamsoft F-16 filter is nice for its price, Filterstation 2, 🥱

rare, weird, uncommon, out here

Beyond filters, try spectral processing, frequency + formant shifting, bit masking, waveshaping, etc.
    AUv3: apeFilter, Sparkle, BandShift, frekvens, Grind, Spectrum, Roxsyn, miRack,
    IAA: Moebius Lab, FieldScaper,

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

ApeFilter has LFO's and Comb filters for sure. Be advised: USE A LIMITER AFTER THIS ONE.

It also a damn good filter implementation for mastering and tone shaping
    with a really cool user interface (IMHO) for sweeping around the spectrum map to get a great tone.

It can cause hearing damage with casual tweaking of the settings or an LFO pushing into extremes. But reaching for those extremes is what you'd expect from Ape Soft... not for pain but for musical innovations.

Filterstation is great too.

• Moebius Lab is bonkers. I don't use it often because it's IAA (though it can host AU's). But in terms of the OP, I can't think of a better fit.