Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - January 2022

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

  • edited January 4

    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler. I had some help from @JanKun who provided the beautiful arpeggio guitars in the instrumental sections and also the keys in the break after the first chorus.

    This piece is mostly guitar-based, apart from a dash of SampleTron and Quanta in the intro.

    There is a cold
    And empty place
    An endless span of silent space

    And I see
    I can’t win
    Against all that is and all that’s been

    We’re sparks
    In the night
    A flickering of light
    We’re running for cover
    We’re holding each other
    So wake me and shake me and tell me you'll take me

    You can’t avoid
    The hand of fate
    It will snuff out all you create

    And you’re caught
    On a pin
    This is not a fight that you can win

    We’re sparks
    In the night
    A flickering of light
    We’re running for cover
    We’re holding each other
    So wake me and shake me and tell me you'll take me

  • This is an older improvised piece from the late 1990s. I was using Yamaha EX5, Korg Triton Pro, Yamaha FS1R, and Kawai K5000S synthesizers. And they were connected to a Lexicon PCM 80 for the reverb effect.

    This one is titled Clear Skies.

  • Happy New Year everyone.. This track is one I have done with Kimicoh from an EP that's being release on the 14th of Jan.. Its already out on promo... Enjoy..

  • edited January 6

    Hello! Im new in this section of the forum. I have been making music (in my spare time) on my iPad and laptop in the sofa in front of the TV for 2 years now. I have never released anything and no-one have yet heard what Ive been doing. So I was in a flow in December and decided to finish the three songs I made and publish them, mostly to have a goal to release the music, because I make a lot of songs in a year and never finnish them, I know very few wants to listen to it, but its fun to release it anyway. They have not appeared on soundcloud yet.

    Well the song I choose for this month is a track called A. Track number one on the "EP".

    A

    december. by martinsa solo

    A Spotify

    Comments for your great tracks above,
    richardyot: good songwriting, your vocals feels genuine and very indie pop? matches the feeling of the track perfect, I think its to short and the "end solo" is a little bit boring maybe (but thats just me, I have listened to much prog rock with lengthy tracks with hysterical solos :).

    DavidEnglish: I have listened very little to ambient kind of music, nice piano. Very retro feel to it.

    janpieter: great piece, like it a lot, lots of different things going on, like the flow that starts 1:14

    studs1966: very retro disco feeling, great work, maybe a little lengthy with the same stuff going on.

  • @martinsa82 said:
    richardyot: good songwriting, your vocals feels genuine and very indie pop? matches the feeling of the track perfect, I think its to short and the "end solo" is a little bit boring maybe (but thats just me, I have listened to much prog rock with lengthy tracks with hysterical solos :).

    Thanks for the listen and the feedback :) It is indeed intended to be indie, or shoegaze maybe.

  • @martinsa82 said:
    Hello! Im new in this section of the forum. I have been making music (in my spare time) on my iPad and laptop in the sofa in front of the TV for 2 years now. I have never released anything and no-one have yet heard what Ive been doing. So I was in a flow in December and decided to finish the three songs I made and publish them, mostly to have a goal to release the music, because I make a lot of songs in a year and never finnish them, I know very few wants to listen to it, but its fun to release it anyway. They have not appeared on soundcloud yet.

    Well the song I choose for this month is a track called A. Track number one on the "EP".

    A

    december. by martinsa solo

    Nice and varied track, the piano parts are sparse and angular which gives them some great character. The bass, when it comes in, is really tasty, and the arrangement is quite interesting, drifting from one section to another with some nice changes.

    It reminds me a little of Kruder and Dorfmeister, which is a good thing - it has the same very laid-back vibe, coupled with a good groove and lots of interesting sounds and textures.

  • @DavidEnglish said:
    This is an older improvised piece from the late 1990s. I was using Yamaha EX5, Korg Triton Pro, Yamaha FS1R, and Kawai K5000S synthesizers. And they were connected to a Lexicon PCM 80 for the reverb effect.

    This one is titled Clear Skies.

    It's nice to hear some hardware synths for a change :)

    I also like the fact that the piece is almost classical sounding in terms of vibe, nothing EDM-ish about this at all. There's quite a variety of sounds, I especially like the almost bagpipe-like patch that comes in at around 3 minutes in. Overall it's a nice laid-back and calming piece of music.

  • Two things grab me straight away: the funky and catchy riff, and the choppy rhythm part.

    This is especially well constructed in terms of the arrangement IMO, with the parts weaving together very nicely, and a great flow to the track, with new elements being introduced all along to keep it fresh. The sounds are especially well-chosen, and overall it's really funky, fun, and interesting.

  • @studs1966 said:
    Happy New Year everyone.. This track is one I have done with Kimicoh from an EP that's being release on the 14th of Jan.. Its already out on promo... Enjoy..

    This is really classic-sounding disco/house. The vocals are good, and the strings really give it a nice lift.

  • @richardyot said:

    @martinsa82 said:
    Hello! Im new in this section of the forum. I have been making music (in my spare time) on my iPad and laptop in the sofa in front of the TV for 2 years now. I have never released anything and no-one have yet heard what Ive been doing. So I was in a flow in December and decided to finish the three songs I made and publish them, mostly to have a goal to release the music, because I make a lot of songs in a year and never finnish them, I know very few wants to listen to it, but its fun to release it anyway. They have not appeared on soundcloud yet.

    Well the song I choose for this month is a track called A. Track number one on the "EP".

    A

    december. by martinsa solo

    Nice and varied track, the piano parts are sparse and angular which gives them some great character. The bass, when it comes in, is really tasty, and the arrangement is quite interesting, drifting from one section to another with some nice changes.

    It reminds me a little of Kruder and Dorfmeister, which is a good thing - it has the same very laid-back vibe, coupled with a good groove and lots of interesting sounds and textures.

    Thank you for your feedback! my tracks often becomes varied, I dont follow any rules when it comes to song structure, I just let it flow in whatever direction :), can be a bit messy sometimes

  • @richardyot said:

    @studs1966 said:
    Happy New Year everyone.. This track is one I have done with Kimicoh from an EP that's being release on the 14th of Jan.. Its already out on promo... Enjoy..

    This is really classic-sounding disco/house. The vocals are good, and the strings really give it a nice lift.

    Thanks mate... ;) <3

  • @DavidEnglish I really like this Piano Composition…But if I have to criticize which is maybe not on a skill level or in the sense You r a kind of a master in such thinks I would suggest to do something on the overall tuning. I’m not really experienced with real life pianos but the similar approach or initialization I can find in the Chilli in D Moll Album, which is more attractive for listening due to in my opinion this difference. When it’s based on the choice of the chords, I would like to get feedback cause in this case I’m like I said not an expert

    @studs1966 I like greezy cheese :smiley:

    So…this is my installation this month…I think it’s the First time I was able to realize the Idea of abstract ambient music like the term is associated in my mind. Sadly it was a live recording where maybe half of the performance is gone to the unlimited wides of the Holy Beat Hi Nu Man 🙊

  • edited January 9

    @DavidEnglish and thx for the comment last month…
    @ janpieter thx too

Sign In or Register to comment.