Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nodal - looks super interesting but...

I can't find any tutorials on how to get started. Any links or tips appreciated.

Comments

• Check out Senode might do you/ work better for you.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Check out Senode might do you/ work better for you.

Thanks! Though Senode seems so different. Not sure cause I can’t make Nodal do anything.

• edited January 2022

@gkillmaster said:

@audiblevideo said:

Thanks! Though Senode seems so different. Not sure cause I can’t make Nodal do anything.

The Dev of Nodal supposedly fixed a problem with importing samples from Audioshare, but I tested it today and got zero for zero in my attempts... Senode is a sequencer (with synth sounds) and Nodal is a sample player. If I can't get it to load samples its not of much use.

They both have a similar paradigm of chaining events in a non-linear manner which is why I recommended Senode. And Senode still works and has youtube demos and vids.

• @audiblevideo said:

@gkillmaster said:

@audiblevideo said:

The Dev of Nodal supposedly fixed a problem with importing samples from Audioshare, but I tested it today and got zero for zero in my attempts... Senode is a sequencer (with synth sounds) and Nodal is a sample player. If I can't get it to load samples its not of much use.

They both have a similar paradigm of chaining events in a non-linear manner which is why I recommended Senode. And Senode still works and has youtube demos and vids.

I’ve actually been in contact with the dev about this issue and saw the update. Updated and still seem to be having problems. Sometimes I’m able to import, sometimes I’m not.

• Quick demo and a Giveaway:

• I’ve had my eye on nodal awhile, hoping it gets the Au treatment soon.

• Awesome @eylvy good on ya mate.

• Bought to encourage the dev, but, er… it needs work. Very non intuitive. You think tapping or double tapping elements of the interface would open something or do something but at present at least… nope. I managed to open the sample list - somehow - through a multi finger on screen tap, and even (apparently) managed to import a sample from AudioShare (but I can’t see it in the list.) I have Senode and the idea of a Senode for samples strikes me as very interesting, so I’m happy to buy in and keep my fingers crossed that the app eventually lives up to it’s promises. Not ready for prime time yet, though, I think.

• Completely forgot that I had this app. Couple of issues:

• Does not launch as an IAA in AUM, ApeMatrix
    • Doesn’t appear in app list in Audiobus
    • AudioShare import is working in the standalone

iOS 15.1