Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which vintage synth would you like to see as AUV3?

This would be super easy if Arturia ported all their synths to iOS 😂

I’ll start: Yamaha CS-80 🤩

Comments

• Buchla music easel!!

• Korg MonoPoly, Roland SH-2, Ensoniq SQ-80 and ASR, Yamaha RX-5 (with all carts), Casio CZ (existing emulation doesn’t do it for me)

• Well, Chrismas is gone, but I'd love a Linndrum...

• CS-80 and Prophet-5

• Sequential Circuits Pro One

• Arp 2600
    Oberheim Xpander

• @Stuntman_mike said:

Indeed, I have a ton of Arturia on desktop. In that vein….

-Matrix 12 / Xpander
    -CMI (I LOVE vintage samplers, its a problem), or TAL Sampler (covers a ton of vintage sampler ground)
    -ARP2600
    -PPG stuff, Wave 2.X & Waveterm
    -Synton Syrinx
    -RSF Kobol Expander
    -Korg PS-3000 series

There’s lots of obscure unobtainium synths that would be awesome to have as AUv3
    Honestly, I just wish Korg would make all their existing synths AUv3.

• Roland SH-101
    Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine
    Sequential Circuits Pro One
    Moog Minitaur
    Korg MonoPoly
    Perhaps not all really ‘vintage’ but hey

• @TimRussell said:
    CS-80 and Prophet-5

1. CS-80: a natural for multitouch screens/MPE
    2. Prophet-5: in 10 years, no one has managed it on iOS. (Arturia's iProphet doesn't count. Neither does that other app whose name I forget that had the interface colors but not the sound.)
  • edited January 2022

@crony said:
    Well, Chrismas is gone, but I'd love a Linndrum...

There is a LinnDrum in GarageBand. It sounds pretty great. They also have a dead on version of Sequential's DrumTraks, which I'm using a lot recently.

• @dokwok2 said:

@TimRussell said:
    CS-80 and Prophet-5

1. CS-80: a natural for multitouch screens/MPE
    2. Prophet-5: in 10 years, no one has managed it on iOS. (Arturia's iProphet doesn't count. Neither does that other app whose name I forget that had the interface colors but not the sound.)

Would love to see a Prophet 5 or 10 on iOS.

• An Ondes Martenot could be interesting, and a touch interface would work well for the ring on a string thing.

• Thinking a bit more, a Trautonium emulation would also be interesting, and again the touch interface would be a good substitute for the wire and contact strip controller.

• SampleTank as rompler AUv3!

• All the Korg synths that already exist as IAA apps / gadgets.

• Roland SH101. Novation Nova + Bass Station.

• @sevenape said:
    Buchla music easel!!

This is the correct answer.

• Any of Korg's Gadget-compatible apps based on vintage synths, especially iM1 and iMonoPoly. :) I'd also love Korg's iElectribe to be given the AUv3 treatment (or at least Gadget compability i the future).

The Yamaha CS-80 would also be incredible. I'd also love a go with the Music Easel! That synth looks like a lot of fun! Also the Arp 2500 (the predecessor to the 2600) would be a lot of fun to tinker around with.

Also, even though it's a software synth, I'd like to see Reason Studio's Thor brought back to iOS as an AUv3. I'd buy it again.

• WASP
    Seriously.

• @sevenape said:
    Buchla music easel!!

It would be great🙂

• SH-101
    With all controls on the same iPhone screen.

• @sevenape said:
    Buchla music easel!!

+1000000

• Prophet-5, Arp Odyssey, Rhodes Chroma, Voyetra 8.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

I second that! CS-80 would be incredible and Arturia are the ones to do it, plus the rest 😀

• A polyphonic version of the ultra simple Yamaha CS-1II with a bit of extra mojo like audio input, full mod-matrix and step-sequencers for modulation.

It may sound strange to some but I'm after a relatively simple synths with 'unique character' and if they can do PWM controlled by envelope and lfo it's a bonus :sunglasses:

• Roland SH-101 !!!

• +1 for the CS-80

Roland VP-330

• A series of synths that are good in 1 thing. Not a one-in-all solution. That saves me processing power.

• Only synths I miss are CS 80 and SQ-80 that I both love on desktop