Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2022 Desktop Plugin Samples Deals

Comments

• @jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:
    UVI instrument collection World Suite 2 40% off - https://www.uvi.net/world-suite-2

Does this company offer no trial version for their apps 🥴, or am I missing something?

Also, do you guys have any +/- experience with this collection?

It's a really extensive (and expressive) collection of world instruments. One of the better big collections on the market.

You should take a look through the pdf documentation as it provides a decent overview of what to expect.

https://uvi.s3.amazonaws.com/SC84-World_Suite_2/world-suite-2_manual.pdf

Thank you, Jon - much appreciated. A manual, however decent, can't replace, or compete with, a trial though. I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to try and make people buy music apps for hundreds of euros without being able to try them. I suspect I would already have Falcon and more from them if this wasn't the case.

They have a no-quibbles refund policy for the first 30 days. Because it's iLok licensing, they can be sure that there's no abuse. If you're anti dongles they allow software licensing, locked to up to 3 different workstations, and you can always release a license to install on another workstation e.g. when you upgrade your hardware.

Compared to some it may seem inflexible. But I can honestly say that UVI has the best customer service team of any vendor I've dealt with. The bit that's most important to me is that their agents are happy to take phone calls as well as electronic messaging. And I've never had a situation that takes more than 2 working days to resolve. The vast majority of interactions I've had over the years have been resolved in hours not days.

Hi there !
    Do you have that library ?
    I am on the fence ! Do you think it can be adapted to falcon mpe engine ??
    Cheers !

• edited March 2022

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:
    UVI instrument collection World Suite 2 40% off - https://www.uvi.net/world-suite-2

Does this company offer no trial version for their apps 🥴, or am I missing something?

It's a really extensive (and expressive) collection of world instruments. One of the better big collections on the market.

You should take a look through the pdf documentation as it provides a decent overview of what to expect.

Thank you, Jon - much appreciated. A manual, however decent, can't replace, or compete with, a trial though. I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to try and make people buy music apps for hundreds of euros without being able to try them. I suspect I would already have Falcon and more from them if this wasn't the case.

They have a no-quibbles refund policy for the first 30 days. Because it's iLok licensing, they can be sure that there's no abuse. If you're anti dongles they allow software licensing, locked to up to 3 different workstations, and you can always release a license to install on another workstation e.g. when you upgrade your hardware.

Compared to some it may seem inflexible. But I can honestly say that UVI has the best customer service team of any vendor I've dealt with. The bit that's most important to me is that their agents are happy to take phone calls as well as electronic messaging. And I've never had a situation that takes more than 2 working days to resolve. The vast majority of interactions I've had over the years have been resolved in hours not days.

Thanks again. This is very positive.

Edit: I can't find anything about a 30-day refund policy on their site. This is what they say: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articles/360011538637-Return-Refund-Policy

Much less positive. :)

• @jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

I do not buy software from any company using iLok. I'm no software pirate, but iLok (from my own experience) was highly unreliable and I refuse to support bad software protection measures.

• @ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

Edit: I can't find anything about a 30-day refund policy on their site. This is what they say: https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articles/360011538637-Return-Refund-Policy

This just in - email from UVI support:

"For your information as mentioned in our FAQ, purchases on our website are considered final and can not be refunded"

So the "no-quibbles refund policy" seems to be a "no refund policy". So I'm not going to buy from them. But I second Jon's remark on their speed: they replied to my email within the hour, really fast customer service.

• @ervin said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

This just in - email from UVI support:

"For your information as mentioned in our FAQ, purchases on our website are considered final and can not be refunded"

So the "no-quibbles refund policy" seems to be a "no refund policy". So I'm not going to buy from them. But I second Jon's remark on their speed: they replied to my email within the hour, really fast customer service.

My bad. Must be confusing their policy for that of another company.

• @NeuM said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

I do not buy software from any company using iLok. I'm no software pirate, but iLok (from my own experience) was highly unreliable and I refuse to support bad software protection measures.

I've used iLok for circa 20 years. And one of my keys dates back to my first iLok license. I've never had any problems but I fully understand why others choose not to use products that involve dongles. I also gave two e- licenser dongles and they've been glitch-free too.

Ref UVI not offering demo periods. I think this loses them a huge amount of customers. It's a pity because UVI offers some of the best sample-based instruments in the marketplace and their customer support is of an equally high standard.

• edited March 2022

@jonmoore said:

@NeuM said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

@jonmoore said:

@ervin said:

I've used iLok for circa 20 years. And one of my keys dates back to my first iLok license. I've never had any problems but I fully understand why others choose not to use products that involve dongles. I also gave two e- licenser dongles and they've been glitch-free too.

Ref UVI not offering demo periods. I think this loses them a huge amount of customers. It's a pity because UVI offers some of the best sample-based instruments in the marketplace and their customer support is of an equally high standard.

A no demo policy seems like a really bad idea when there are so many terrific alternatives available. What should be of even greater concern to these companies is the volume of fantastic free software synths and effects out there. They're not just competing with other paid products so a company has to offer something unique.

• edited March 2022

@NeuM said:

Ilok?

Nope. Been burnt with really bad total system crash kernel panics and really dislike everything about them.

With iLok, you are not their customer. They exist to make your life as a paying customer more difficult to try and appease the developer’s fear of piracy.

And ilok is always pirated anyway. Search for ‘UVI Falcon’ and one of the top hits will be a page to download a cracked copy. At least on windows.

I don’t even redeem free software that is ilok protected. There are some nice bits of software I’m missing out on but at least I’m very much missing out on kernel panics now. I’ve never had another kernel panic since ditching the pace .kext.

PACE actually made me have turn to cracked copies in the 90s. I couldn’t use legitimate software i bought and paid for due to the awful and unreliable floppy protection system they had back in the day. The pirated versions worked flawlessly.

And they’ve always been really slow to update to new technologies (no full support for apple silicon yet. FFS) and the deprecation of .kext extensions was announced before the transition to apple silicon I think. At least two years ago. But time doesn’t work how it used to. 2 years. 2 days. Feels like the same thing! 🤣

All copy protection systems are pretty bad. Ilok is,
    In my humble opinion, the worst of any I’ve had the displeasure to have to use.

FWIW, I am 100% legit with all my software and very happy with that. I can’t claim to always have been completely legit mind ;-)

I can see why the ilok dongle works for some pros though. Totally unsuitable for my circumstances but can be a positive thing for some. In my personal case it’s 100% negative but I’m not going to suggest anybody else boycott or ditch ilok despite being happy to share my personal experiences.

• @klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

Ilok?

Nope. Been burnt with really bad total system crash kernel panics and really dislike everything about them.

With iLok, you are not their customer. They exist to make your life as a paying customer more difficult to try and appease the developer’s fear of piracy.

And ilok is always pirated anyway. Search for ‘UVI Falcon’ and one of the top hits will be a page to download a cracked copy. At least on windows.

I don’t even redeem free software that is ilok protected. There are some nice bits of software I’m missing out on but at least I’m very much missing out on kernel panics now. I’ve never had another kernel panic since ditching the pace .kext.

PACE actually made me have turn to cracked copies in the 90s. I couldn’t use legitimate software i bought and paid for due to the awful and unreliable floppy protection system they had back in the day. The pirated versions worked flawlessly.

And they’ve always been really slow to update to new technologies (no full support for apple silicon yet. FFS) and the deprecation of .kext extensions was announced before the transition to apple silicon I think. At least two years ago. But time doesn’t work how it used to. 2 years. 2 days. Feels like the same thing! 🤣

All copy protection systems are pretty bad. Ilok is,
    In my humble opinion, the worst of any I’ve had the displeasure to have to use.

FWIW, I am 100% legit with all my software and very happy with that. I can’t claim to always have been completely legit mind ;-)

I can see why the ilok dongle works for some pros though. Totally unsuitable for my circumstances but can be a positive thing for some. In my personal case it’s 100% negative but I’m not going to suggest anybody else boycott or ditch ilok despite being happy to share my personal experiences.

Same. Others might have had no problems whatsoever, but that was not my experience.

• No demo and ilok, really shooting themselves in the foot.

• Sunvox is CURRENTLY FREE in Microsoft App Store for Windows, usually $9.99 looks just like the app on iOS.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Sunvox is CURRENTLY FREE in Microsoft App Store for Windows, usually $9.99 looks just like the app on iOS.

Do you have a link, please? I thought it was always free for Windows?

• edited March 2022

@gusgranite said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Sunvox is CURRENTLY FREE in Microsoft App Store for Windows, usually $9.99 looks just like the app on iOS.

Do you have a link, please? I thought it was always free for Windows?

Me too I went on the site and it just downloaded from some weird link I immediately deleted. I could not find it in the Microsoft App Store. Not sure what the deal was I’ve never seen that before from app agg, it usually opens straight in whatever App Store. Weird. Here’s the Appagg link it’s like 4-5 apps down.

https://appagg.com/sale/windows/?hl=en

• @klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

Ilok?

UVI Falcon was only cracked very recently (a few months back). I’m sure UVI will thank you for advertising that fact…

• edited March 2022

@jonmoore said:

@klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

Ilok?

UVI Falcon was only cracked very recently (a few months back). I’m sure UVI will thank you for advertising that fact…

If you type "UVI Falcon" into google DuckDuckGo, it autocompletes with "Torrent" etc. Google DuckDuckGo advertise it much better than I ever could. It's how I found out about it being cracked, didn't even have to press return... :-/

I was just pointing out that iLok makes life unpleasant for paying customers yet doesn't even stop those that don't want to pay.

• IK multimedia mesa boogie triple rectifier for AmpliTube FREE

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=TripleRecGiveaway2022

• free samples from ghosthack

cinematic impacts

• audiority has updated one of their best plugins | also with a name change - prev. called the abuser -

pyros - aggressive distortion - is on sale for %35 off

• @cazel said:
    audiority has updated one of their best plugins | also with a name change - prev. called the abuser -

FFS, it was called abuser? Seriously? It's almost like having another plugin called paedo, because it smoothly grooms your tracks...

Not to talk all of us guys down but what is the likelihood that that name was thought up by a man?

• @ervin said:

@cazel said:
    audiority has updated one of their best plugins | also with a name change - prev. called the abuser -

FFS, it was called abuser? Seriously? It's almost like having another plugin called paedo, because it smoothly grooms your tracks...

Not to talk all of us guys down but what is the likelihood that that name was thought up by a man?

A rough estimate by myself came to around 100%. Have to say though that a lot of plugins have pretty strange names.

• @ervin said:

@cazel said:

Damn, Pyros too... victims of arson will also be triggered by this company! ; )

• @ervin said:

@cazel said:

Do you never abuse your audio?

I certainly do. Some music is meant to be gentle, some is meant to be downright nasty, and both can be great.

I don't have that plugin and I've never used it, but it's not uncommon to take an audio signal and abuse it.

There's another plugin that I thought of from another company that's called Punisher, I think it's some sort of compressor. These sorts of names are not uncommon in the audio world because it's what people do to audio signals sometimes.

I wasn't interested in the plugin, but since they have now changed the name of it, I would certainly never consider that plugin anymore.

• Arturia FX Collection 2 50% off

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/7709-FX-Collection-2

Arturia V Collection 8 50% off

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/7143-V-Collection-8

As mentioned in a previous post you should get much lower prices if you are already an Arturia Customer so check Arturia.com for upgrade prices. Both collections are really, really good in my very humble opinion.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

I wasn't interested in the plugin, but since they have now changed the name of it, I would certainly never consider that plugin anymore.

So your position is that you were not interested in it, but now that it has a different name you are... (checks notes) ...not interested in it.

Okay.

• @klownshed said:
    Arturia FX Collection 2 50% off

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/7709-FX-Collection-2

Arturia V Collection 8 50% off

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/7143-V-Collection-8

As mentioned in a previous post you should get much lower prices if you are already an Arturia Customer so check Arturia.com for upgrade prices. Both collections are really, really good in my very humble opinion.

... and (unlike UVI) Arturia offers free trials as well. 👍

• edited March 2022

Arturia recently released a free update to FX2 makknv it apple silicon native…

…. Wish they hadn’t as that was the only thing stopping me buying it. Oh well.

With the price of petrol as it is I can save the cost of it by cycling to work about 3 times.

So I get loads of plugins and a little bit fitter. so really, all told, my wife should be thanking me for buying the fx collection. :-D

• @klownshed said:
    Arturia recently released a free update to FX2 makknv it apple silicon native…

…. Wish they hadn’t as that was the only thing stopping me buying it. Oh well.

With the price of petrol as it is I can save the cost of it by cycling to work about 3 times.

So I get loads of plugins and a little bit fitter. so really, all told, my wife should be thanking me for buying the fx collection. :-D

Printing this right now, to use it in the inevitable confrontation I will soon have about the same topic. Thank you!!

• Analog Obsession released a free tilt EQ for Mac or PC called tilta.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/tilta-63538579

• Tone Gym created a free interactive Circle of Fifths web site that’s pretty cool.

https://www.tonegym.co/tool/item?id=circle-of-fifths