Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2022 Desktop Plugin Samples Deals

Comments

• I got UVI Quadra - Muted and Harmonics for 4 € with my voucher in the last sale (normally 149), excellent

• @cazel said:
    new echo reverb plugin by audiority - space station um282 introductory price 39€ until feb 28th
    if you own polaris - 29€

Got it. Superb as others audiority apps

• @cazel said:
    little reminder - last day for youlean loudness meter sale + iOS lifetime upgrade is also on sale.

Thanks, I got it with 23min left on the deal!

• edited January 2022

https://audioplugin.deals/rigid-audio-everything-bundle/

Rigid audio bundle $59 ‘97% off’.

I think they’re mainly Kontakt libraries.

• @klownshed said:
    https://audioplugin.deals/rigid-audio-everything-bundle/

Rigid audio bundle $59 ‘97% off’.

I think they’re mainly Kontakt libraries.

Thanks for sharing. Can anyone vouch for these?

• 5 free packs from the Sample Pack Maker

https://www.thesamplepackmaker.com/

• edited January 2022

the new Dirty Tape plugin from Softube is free til the end of the month

and Sonnox Inflator is $39 at Sweetwater for three more days (til 1/27)

• Reason+ 3 months for $3 (instead of 60$)

Offer valid until midnight 31.01.2022 - LINK

• edited February 2022

Spitfire Audio is giving away Glass Piano plugin for free (sampled from Philip Glass's own Baby Grand)

.. seems to be part of the Labs series

• @cabo said:
    Spitfire Audio is giving away Glass Piano plugin for free (sampled from Philip Glass's own Baby Grand)

.. seems to be part of the Labs series

Thanks I think it’s Philip Glass’ birthday. That sounds great, downloading.

Quick few notes to anyone- A lot of the stuff in Labs is worth checking out. Glad I did recently.

Also there’s some great other free instruments at pianobook which was set up by Spitfire. The 3 “Swarm” swarmiton-ish instruments are really fun if you have Kontakt. Check out the videos:

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/the-swarmitar/

I change the mod wheel to Swarm instead of filter or just midi learn to a controller knob.

Since I’ve been on a Spitfire binge also check out if they still give a free lite version of that BBC symphony orchestra. It’s really great if you don’t have much in Orchestral Libraries and want to try out mocking up and experimenting w some orchestral stuff. It’s not resource heavy either you can set up many instances.

• Well it’s 2022 but this is coming out tomorrow and it’s free from Arturia.

• edited February 2022

@Jumpercollins said:
    Well it’s 2022 but this is coming out tomorrow and it’s free from Arturia.

Just noticed this on the Pluginboutique site: “ macOS 10.13 or later (64-bit only) (M1 Mac not yet officially supported)”

I can’t use it.

• @NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Just noticed this on the Pluginboutique site: “ macOS 10.13 or later (64-bit only) (M1 Mac not yet officially supported)”

I can’t use it.

You might as well register it so that if it gets updated so you can use it you can just download. I’ve done that with a few things and eventually been able to use them when they get updated.

• edited February 2022

@michael_m said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

You might as well register it so that if it gets updated so you can use it you can just download. I’ve done that with a few things and eventually been able to use them when they get updated.

There’s no guarantee it will be updated. It’s better to buy software based on what it can do, not what it “might” do.

• @NeuM said:

@michael_m said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

There’s no guarantee it will be updated. It’s better to buy software based on what it can do, not what it “might” do.

It’s free, so you don’t have to buy it, and it won’t take up space on your hard drive if you don’t download it.

Sure, it might not get updated, but if it does and you didn’t register it then you will have to buy it if you want it.

• @NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

The full version of Analog Lab V is Apple Silicon Native. Not sure why they would release a non-native cut down version.

With any of these freebie 'light' apps I wouldn't bank on much support in the future. You get what you pay for.

• @klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

The full version of Analog Lab V is Apple Silicon Native. Not sure why they would release a non-native cut down version.

With any of these freebie 'light' apps I wouldn't bank on much support in the future. You get what you pay for.

Exactly. It's like clearing out their hard drives to make way for new software.

• edited February 2022

@klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

Hey guys just FYI they are (I hope) still offering upgrade from lite to full for $39. I’m not a huge Arturia fan but I grabbed it to have on hand. Analog Lab is like a Preset rompler but does have some editable parameters (~19?) for ALL Arturia softsynths including pigments.

It’s kind of their sub-flagship app which also works to entice purchases of Individual synths or the whole full collection. But ppl w the full collection use Analog Labs too for convenience of having all the synths to try in one plug-in instance.

• CA polymode is on sale again, this time down to £14.95

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/7310-Polymode?nosto=frontpage-nosto-2

Also available on Cherry audio website for $19 directly:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/polymode-synthesizer

It’s quite a cool synth. The resonator section makes it sound different enough from your average Moog to make it worthwhile.

And it has the Vox Humana sound made famous by the likes of Gary Numan. Which doesn’t sound too bad. Probably not that close to the original but close enough. :-)

• @maxwellhouser said:

@klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

Hey guys just FYI they are (I hope) still offering upgrade from lite to full for $39. I’m not a huge Arturia fan but I grabbed it to have on hand. Analog Lab is like a Preset rompler but does have some editable parameters (~19?) for ALL Arturia softsynths including pigments.

It’s kind of their sub-flagship app which also works to entice purchases of Individual synths or the whole full collection. But ppl w the full collection use Analog Labs too for convenience of having all the synths to try in one plug-in instance.

Yeah it does make a good front end to the full V collection. You get access to all the presets in one place. If you want a bass synth you can audition loads in one place without having to load lots of different VIs. It can just add to option paralysis though.. it’s way too easy to find yourself listening to sounds for ages and then forgetting what you wanted in the first place 🤣

If you don’t have the full V collection, analog lab for $39 is a bit of a bargain. And if you buy the upgrade to the full version the next time sales come around you’ll probably get an extra discount for the full collection (I got it recently for $199 - and Arturia let you spread the payment over four months interest free).

• You need to make a purchase to get the free offer from PB. I registered Labs Intro with my Arturia account and the upgrade price it is giving me for Lab V is 69eur/dollars.

• @klownshed said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@klownshed said:

@NeuM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I can’t use it.

Yeah it does make a good front end to the full V collection. You get access to all the presets in one place. If you want a bass synth you can audition loads in one place without having to load lots of different VIs. It can just add to option paralysis though.. it’s way too easy to find yourself listening to sounds for ages and then forgetting what you wanted in the first place 🤣

If you don’t have the full V collection, analog lab for $39 is a bit of a bargain. And if you buy the upgrade to the full version the next time sales come around you’ll probably get an extra discount for the full collection (I got it recently for $199 - and Arturia let you spread the payment over four months interest free).

It also handles Pigments along with the collection synths which is a nice touch.

• edited February 2022

A quick tip for anyone purchasing Arturia synths seeing as Arturia has a 50% off promo, on all individual synths and FX plugins (through till Feb 17th).

Older synths such as their stellar CS-80 emulation have awful FX sections. Once you add decent third party FX such as Soundtoys FX, the results are far closer to the original hardware. And to be honest, even with hardware synths the unwritten rule has always been to disable onboard FX.

The quality of the emulations in Arturia synths has a natural split. which began with SEM-V and gradually improved from that year onwards (2010ish). The downside to these improvements is that more recent Arturia synths have far greater CPU overheads, so the older synths can still be very useful.

My pick of their older emulations are the CS-80 and ARP 2600 emulations (these are discounted to $74 in the current sale).

Another trick with Arturia synths is to use an external filter plugin, and Arturia's own Matrix 12 filter (_Fileter M12) is a great choice. It's a zero delay filter design (the design first popularised in U-He's Diva) and it has a snazzy ability to react at a defined dB level so you can set independent filter envelopes that react in the same manner as envelopes on the source synth. You don't need to zero out the filter on the synth but it makes sense to treat the Matrix filter as a secondary filter unit patched in series (use the filters on the source synth for tonal control and the independent filter plugin for character). The Matrix filter plugin itself has 2 separate filers with 3 individual envelopes so you can e.g. set both high pass and low pass filters with separate envelopes for each filter.

My favourite plugin filter (Cytomic's The Drop) is another very good choice as it features exceptionally good filter emulations of a variety of synth filters (main ones being MS-20, Prophet, Jupiter, SH-101 and Oberheim), each with separate oversampling for playback and render. The downsides The Drop are that setting up envelope triggering isn't quite so straightforward (it's sidechain based) and overall the depth of its options means it's not as simple in use as Arturia's M12 filter plugin.

• If you own Softube Modular, they have a special 48 hrs only deal on both of their Buchla modules. Details are in the image below. All the other modules for Modular are also on sale, so it's worth checking out if any float your boat.

Both the Buchla modules are very special and there's little else out there with a similar feature set (outside of VCV Rack).

https://www.softube.com/products (filter for Modular)

• UVI has a buy one get two offer for the Falcon expansions going again, runs through Feb. 7th.