Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for new music suggestion.

Merry Christmas all!

I am looking for new music suggestion. What kind of music I look for?

Electronic, melodic with song structure, preferably on the darker side and with vocals.

What I already know: the 80’s is my teenage year so I know that pretty well, Daft punk, Chromeo. I am also pretty knowledgeable in the synthwave /darkwave movement.

Maybe that does not leave much.

Comments

• edited December 2021

Hmmm, not sure it fits all the criteria but I finally just got around to VNV nation and am really enjoying it…

Album playlist…

First track I heard that sold me…

• @AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, not sure it fits all the criteria but I finally just got around to VNV nation and am really enjoying it…

Album playlist…

First track I heard that sold me…

Thank you @AudioGus this is great stuff. If loving it.

• Try some of this; individual track credits and links in the YT description.

• @ecou said:
    Merry Christmas all!

Electronic, melodic with song structure, preferably on the darker side and with vocals.

What I already know: the 80’s is my teenage year so I know that pretty well, Daft punk, Chromeo. I am also pretty knowledgeable in the synthwave /darkwave movement.

There's always Japanese "noise music" or "Japanoise":

• Polyphia

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

• A wee old but man I just love it. Happy robot music (but still vaguely dark)
    https://solvent.bandcamp.com/album/apples-synthesizers-2

• Listed to all of Darkside's stuff. Psychic, Darkside, Spiral.

• Chvrches - bones of what you believe
    Phantogram - fall in love

I am not really familiar with all these niche genres so maybe this doesn’t even come close.

• @Simon said:

@ecou said:
    Merry Christmas all!

There's always Japanese "noise music" or "Japanoise":

😳😳 Thanks but that does not really fit in mélodie or song structure that I know.

• edited December 2021

Have fun with 100 GECS me me me

• How about this? Ticks all your listed things AFAICT.

• Or more like this?

• No lyrics, but it has a dark edge.

• @oldschoolwillie said:

Bonkers, but in a good way 👍

• @qryss said:
    How about this? Ticks all your listed things AFAICT.

I liked that one too - thanks for posting it :)

• @richardyot said:

@qryss said:

Yeah it’s pretty good 😃

• @oldschoolwillie said:

Made me laugh 😁

• @ecou I have a pretty obvious recommendation, if you like pop music… TAME IMPALA

I can’t think of a band from the last ten years that’s better than Tame Impala. It’s electronic leaning pop music done right, and there no other way to say it. The sounds and tones on almost every song is what I’d aspire to make if I were making pop music. Kevin Parker is basically a one man band, he uses Ableton. One cool thing is that he records his drums for real, but then uses the recording to trigger electronic drums on the actual record. Tame Impala started off more like garage rock Beatles, but got progressively more electronic. The synths, keys, melodies, guitars, drums, song structures, ambience, texture, it’s all there.

Check out the album Currents and Slow Rush. Give it a chance, every song has magic dust…

• You might like;

• Purity Ring - Another Eternity
    • Perturbator - Uncanny Valley
    • Gunship - Dark All Day
  • edited December 2021

@ecou said:

@richardyot said:

@qryss said:

Yeah it’s pretty good 😃

How about this then? Not very synthy but could have been if arranged differently.

• @wired2moon said:
    You might like;

• Purity Ring - Another Eternity
    • Perturbator - Uncanny Valley
    • Gunship - Dark All Day

Yes I love Gunship and Peturbator. They introduced me to Synthwave and Darksynth

• @qryss said:

@ecou said:

@richardyot said:

@qryss said:

Yeah it’s pretty good 😃

How about this then? Not very synthy but could have been if arranged differently.

Yeah it's cool. Slowcore reinvented.