Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro as AUV3: Discussion

Such a deep app. I’ve worked with the standalone and realized it’s a Drambo-level commitment in terms of time, but also as a complete change in workflow. I’m not ready for either (yet) and decided to step back and focus on one core aspect of the app: a simple AUV3 looper that fits right in to my comfy AUM workflow. Something I explored with much hope using Enso, only to be defeated by its complete unreliabili—[CRASH].

Loopy Pro is the solution. MIDI setup requires a few extra steps within the AUV itself, but it works beautifully at this simple level.

So hopefully we can leave the talk of pricing models elsewhere and just focus here on Loopy Pro in non-standalone mode. We’ll see. Anyway, here’s my 8 looper setup in AUM. Going to look into ApeMatrix next.


Comments

  • Am I right in thinking that you can record into an AU project, then open up the same project in standalone LP?

    If so, that’s great for using it with Drambo, as you can use AUs in Drambo, recorded them into a Loopy AU, then open them in full Loopy for more work.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    Am I right in thinking that you can record into an AU project, then open up the same project in standalone LP?

    If so, that’s great for using it with Drambo, as you can use AUs in Drambo, recorded them into a Loopy AU, then open them in full Loopy for more work.

    Yes you can indeed do that.

  • Is there a way to scrub freely on the timeline somehow when in AUv3 (eg like in Atom 2) ? Or only using AUM transport controls?

  • Does Loopy Pro have multi-out or on roadmap?

  • @auxmux said:
    Does Loopy Pro have multi-out or on roadmap?

    http://Loopypro.com/manual

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @auxmux said:
    Does Loopy Pro have multi-out or on roadmap?

    http://Loopypro.com/manual

    Cool, definitely a must have for using in AUM, but as is I'm enjoying standalone.

  • @Foleslaw said:
    Is there a way to scrub freely on the timeline somehow when in AUv3 (eg like in Atom 2) ? Or only using AUM transport controls?

    You can if you turn host synchronization off in the settings.

  • @wim said:

    @Foleslaw said:
    Is there a way to scrub freely on the timeline somehow when in AUv3 (eg like in Atom 2) ? Or only using AUM transport controls?

    You can if you turn host synchronization off in the settings.

    Thanks!

  • On my iPad Air 1 (yes, I know, time to get a new iPad), Loopy Pro in AUM works very well. I'm squishy, though, on how to access my Loopy Pro-in-AUM projects from Loopy Pro standalone. I've tried exporting a project to Loopy Pro's folder, but that seems...circuitous. Is there a better way?

  • In the Loopy Pro project manager, you will find a folder containing the AUv3’s saved projects.

Sign In or Register to comment.