Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick tip: using Loopy Pro and AUM together for a fast and easy workflow (video now added)

2»

Comments

  • edited February 7

    @wim said:

    @TracyEvans said:

    @wim said:

    @joegrant413 said:

    >

    ,,,Load AUM into Loopy Standalone instead of the other way around. This should work too.

    I will give the a shot.

    I asked the same question in the AUM Discord. Jonatan said that he hasn't implemented external tempo sync yet, but in the latest AUM BETA one can MIDI map the tempo. So I will try doing that on my Korg NanoStudio.

  • @TracyEvans said:

    @wim said:

    @TracyEvans said:

    @wim said:

    @joegrant413 said:

    >

    ,,,Load AUM into Loopy Standalone instead of the other way around. This should work too.

    I will give the a shot.

    I asked the same question in the AUM Discord. Jonatan said that he hasn't implemented external tempo sync yet, but in the latest AUM BETA one can MIDI map the tempo. So I will try doing that on my Korg NanoStudio.

    i'd still use ableton link as wim suggested and use any of the many available methods to turn midi clock to ableton link.

  • wimwim
    edited February 7

    @TracyEvans - midi mapping the tempo will only control the tempo, it won't keep things in sync. If one thing starts off-beat from another, or if either of them drifts at all, that won't bring them back into line. Only Link, IAA Sync, or MIDI Clock can do that.

  • @wim said:
    @TracyEvans - midi mapping the tempo will only control the tempo, it won't keep things in sync. If one thing starts off-beat from another, or if either of them drifts at all, that won't bring them back into line. Only Link, IAA Sync, or MIDI Clock can do that.

    Thanks. I did not realize that setting tempo is different from a continuous sync among devices. I can set the Beat Buddy to use the tempo from another device. Perhaps it can also sync to the MIDI Clock.

    So can AUM be the MIDI Clock master that Loopy and external devices (Beat Buddy) will all follow?

  • @TracyEvans said:

    @wim said:
    @TracyEvans - midi mapping the tempo will only control the tempo, it won't keep things in sync. If one thing starts off-beat from another, or if either of them drifts at all, that won't bring them back into line. Only Link, IAA Sync, or MIDI Clock can do that.

    Thanks. I did not realize that setting tempo is different from a continuous sync among devices. I can set the Beat Buddy to use the tempo from another device. Perhaps it can also sync to the MIDI Clock.

    So can AUM be the MIDI Clock master that Loopy and external devices (Beat Buddy) will all follow?

    Link is a robust technology. If you use an app to convert midi clock to Ableton Link, it is likely to be the most robust solution,

  • wimwim
    edited February 7

    @TracyEvans said:
    So can AUM be the MIDI Clock master that Loopy and external devices (Beat Buddy) will all follow?

    Yes, AUM can be the MIDI Clock master. If Beat Buddy can follow MIDI Clock, it should work. It's only the other way-round that requires workarounds. The Audiobus workaround in particular has its advantages because it has independent timing delay compensation for each device if needed. It also does a great job of smoothing jittery external midi clock signals.

Sign In or Register to comment.