Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

what are the best guitar IR’s out there today?

I have been digging deeper into Overloud THu and Nembrini and a few others. and exploring Impulse responses. I get how they work, but I don’t know how to decide which ones to use. there are lots of free ones out there,
but are they worse than the IR’s you have to pay for ? what makes a good IR?
Who makes and/ or sells the best ones on the market?

Comments

• @eross said:
    I have been digging deeper into Overloud THu and Nembrini and a few others. and exploring Impulse responses. I get how they work, but I don’t know how to decide which ones to use. there are lots of free ones out there,
    but are they worse than the IR’s you have to pay for ? what makes a good IR?
    Who makes and/ or sells the best ones on the market?

Short version: IRs from reputable outfits like Ownhammer are better than the free ones and you will find tons of info about this in the AB forum archives.

• Here's everything I have to say on that topic:

• Ownhammer. The Revolution pack is a great place to start, is cheap, and provides all the variety you’ll ever need unless you get into it more or are looking to obsessively simulate a specific model/sound.

• Another vote for Ownhammer. Celestion also does their own

• How are you all using IRs, for speaker-cab modeling or effects and reverb? I dabbled with these a bit when I got my HX Stomp, but the cabinet and speaker models just didn't really seem all that better than the software modeling to me. I kinda felt like it was just some fad and really not worth the time to hunt down obscure ones.

Am I totally wrong here, or just expecting something that they aren't trying to do? What makes IRs so compelling?

• @Tarekith said:
    How are you all using IRs, for speaker-cab modeling or effects and reverb? I dabbled with these a bit when I got my HX Stomp, but the cabinet and speaker models just didn't really seem all that better than the software modeling to me. I kinda felt like it was just some fad and really not worth the time to hunt down obscure ones.

Am I totally wrong here, or just expecting something that they aren't trying to do? What makes IRs so compelling?

I am using them for cabinet IRs instead of the IRs in Nembrini or the IRs and speaker models that are found in TH-U. There are a ton of other guitar players here (some of whom, like me) were skeptics but have found that they make a huge difference. Of course, a lot depends on personal preference and the sort of sound one likes.

• @Tarekith said:
    How are you all using IRs, for speaker-cab modeling or effects and reverb? I dabbled with these a bit when I got my HX Stomp, but the cabinet and speaker models just didn't really seem all that better than the software modeling to me. I kinda felt like it was just some fad and really not worth the time to hunt down obscure ones.

The only rule is "Whatever sounds best to you is the best."

I find that IRs (I use a severely limited set of selections from the Ownhammer Revolution Bundle) for cabinet simulation sound by far better in most cases. But it depends on the guitar, the amp sim, your playing style, other FX, the mix, and everything else.

I force myself not to obsess about tone any more. It's hard. And worst of all, I have no excuse not to actually practice instead of tweaking my tone all night. :D

• I have RedWirez BIGbox X Bundle. And I very happy with these IRs. They sounds great and I'm sure that I don't need any other IR.

Also I have 21 THU's SuperCabinet IR Libs. They are good ones, but I think it's a little bit overpriced. My RedWirez packs are definitely not worse than SuperCabinet.

• I got the free Celestion V30 IRs years ago and it’s so much better than anything else I tried that I just stuck with it.

• Ownhammer rEvolution bundle here as well. Incredible value and quality. Be sure to read the tutorial. I haven’t found any need to go beyond the “Summary” files.

• Thanks everyone.

• @Schmotown said:
    Ownhammer rEvolution bundle here as well. Incredible value and quality. Be sure to read the tutorial. I haven’t found any need to go beyond the “Summary” files.

Same here! In fact, I never went much further than the “Sweet Spot” file in each cab’s Summary folder. They do the trick and I roll on.