Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Room for 2 little ones? :)

edited June 2014 in Creations

Had an evening to spare and created 2 very different tracks:

One is a Garageband composition with additional flute from Bismark bs-16i and the other is an experimental jam in 13/8 time, just to see if I could do it in Cubasis (and, no I couldn't change the time signature to 13/8 but used a bpm over 200 and counted the beats) :)

Comments

• Just playing around with Garageband and added a bs16i flute :)

• An experimental jazzy jam in 13/8 time.

Drums, bass, e-piano, alto sax and flute from Cubasis, organ from bismark bs-16i and guitar through Flying Haggis.

• Two excellent tracks.

• Nice, I particularly liked the approach you took with Take 13. If you wish to further improve it, try using iFretless Sax for the alto sax part and Galileo for the organ, they would give a more authentic result than bs-16i, IMHO.

• Thanks, guys :)
    Yes, I agree, Paul. The alto is actually currently just the Cubasis alto sax instrument so could definitely be improved upon, as can the bs-16i organ with Galileo. WIll give it a go if/when I get some more time :)

• OK, decided to go without the organ and added a marimba and tenor sax from Thumbjam for the middle section.

• Digging on how you did the 13 as well. Only constructive (questionably) thought I had was that the guitar could might some time dancing around the quarter notes some instead of hitting each and every one. Even just resting on a few would offer a bit of variety/breathing room.

• edited June 2014

Thanks, syrupcore, I know what you mean but once you get going in 13/8 it is difficult to get back into if you stop for a breather! lol :)

(or at least it was for me!)

• Nice. The guitar tone on Take 13 is awesome.

• I like it also. If they remake The Third Man at some point and need a relentless steady theme for an extended chase sequence this would be good. Makes me quite nervous somehow :)

• edited June 2014

On the subject of losing track of where you are in a time sig like 13/8, the only place in the guitar solo where you REALLY need to tie the guitar in with the backing is that little stop/start figure at the end. Since that's already in place, leave it be, but try re-recording the rest of the guitar without worrying about the time sig. Don't count, it doesn't matter, go with the pulse and concentrate on flow and melodic phrasing. You might like to first stick in a cue for yourself to tell you where to end the solo before the end phrases, you can remove that cue later. Multitrack recording is all about cheating. Tony Banks' organ solo in Genesis's Apolcalypse in 9/8 is pretty much ignoring the time sig of the backing, most of his playing is in 4/4. If the line works, the listeners ear will follow it.

• Thanks for the suggestions, Paul :)

I gave it a go and completely re-did the guitar track, including the end, with more phrasing and breaks. I am actually much happier with it now so thanks again :)

• edited June 2014

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Thanks, syrupcore, I know what you mean but once you get going in 13/8 it is difficult to get back into if you stop for a breather! lol :)

(or at least it was for me!)

Haha, no not just you. When I heard it I completely imagined myself trying to keep 13/8 in my head and doing the exact same thing.

• edited June 2014

Nice. The guitar phrasing is much improved. :)