Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Interface for New IPad Pro

Comments

• @hisdudeness said:
    Audiofuse by Arturia works great on iPad /aum/GB

I got this when they were first released. It’s never missed a beat (I take care of that! ) and I love the controls on the front panel… everything is there. And connectivity is all in built in …mic, line, direct, adat, spdif, clock, phono, midi, speaker switching, two headphones and a 3 x USB hub!

I wish I needed the 4 mic studio version just so I could have it! 😎

• edited April 2022

Iconnectaudio4c is perfect for audio passthrough between your hosts ;-)

• edited April 2022

@MadGav said:

Presonus Studio 26c does anyone have one?

Ive the older one without the c. Im totally happy with it. For this price the specs was superb. Now i want the Arturia AudioFuse Rev 2. I got the new iPadPro and this interface will be the superb solution without a lot of dongels and cables. The Presonus is absolutly fine i love it, it need a powered hub on the lightning port. Ive used it with iPad mini 1st gen and iPadPro A1702. On the new M1 i dont test it. At the moment its in another location.

https://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/Studio-26/spezifikationen

Edit: …or maybe i take the iConnectAUDIO4, this one is avilablie in the stores

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/audio/iconnectaudio4plus

• @headmademusic said:

@MadGav said:

Ive the older one without the c. Im totally happy with it. For this price the specs was superb. Now i want the Arturia AudioFuse Rev 2. I got the new iPadPro and this interface will be the superb solution without a lot of dongels and cables. The Presonus is absolutly fine i love it, it need a powered hub on the lightning port. Ive used it with iPad mini 1st gen and iPadPro A1702. On the new M1 i dont test it. At the moment its in another location.

Danke schön @headmademusic ! In terms of features literally the only thing I don’t like is the headphone socket on the back, given I see signs of the Roland Rubix range having a dubious reputation I’ll probably go with this one - should be available used for under 100 universal currency units as Bad Gear would put it.

This desire for a second interface was inspired by Hainbach’s recent studio tour video:

• Audient is going to drop something new and fresh in their EVO line-up this coming Monday 23rd of May...
    My guess would be a 'cross/mixbreed' between ID4Mk2 and EVO4 but it could be something totally different.

I'll be keeping an eye on it as I've really fallen for the ID4Mk2 :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• edited May 2022

I’ve been using a RME Babyface Pro FS for Mac, and iOS for years - faultless. It’s class compliant so works without any problems with an iPad and cck. There’s an iOS app, TotalMix that is excellent if somewhat overwhelming. Plenty of helpful YouTube vids.

One caveat, it doesn’t come with a power supply, which is necessary for iOS, but not for Mac as it’s powered via usb. Ebay have the power supply, but no RME Babyface Pro FS for sale, currently. Nothing on Reverb either. UK.

• @ltf3 said:

@hisdudeness said:

I got this when they were first released. It’s never missed a beat (I take care of that! ) and I love the controls on the front panel… everything is there. And connectivity is all in built in …mic, line, direct, adat, spdif, clock, phono, midi, speaker switching, two headphones and a 3 x USB hub!

I wish I needed the 4 mic studio version just so I could have it! 😎

+1 for Audiofuse

• SP 404 MK2 is a audio interface PLUS......

• TX-6 is a lil beast

• @MadGav said:

@headmademusic said:

@MadGav said:

Danke schön @headmademusic ! In terms of features literally the only thing I don’t like is the headphone socket on the back, given I see signs of the Roland Rubix range having a dubious reputation I’ll probably go with this one - should be available used for under 100 universal currency units as Bad Gear would put it.

This desire for a second interface was inspired by Hainbach’s recent studio tour video:

I did pick up a Presonus Studio 26C, for just over £100 quid as hoped. So far I’ve only used mono in from Eurorack to headphone out - having the headphone socket only the back is mildly irritating, but I’ll either connect via a patchbay or add an extender. It’s in a rig with the aforementioned Eurorack, a RSHTech USB3 powered hub, Akai EWI USB, USB3 CCK and iPad 8. This “island” is now totally independent on the rest of our setup. I might also hook up my E4K master keys/sampler on which my wife inexplicably doesn’t like the wonderful Fatar action, and maybe buy a small mixer and integrate a hardware FX unit or 2.

The main station will have to make do with the Subsequent 37 as keys…

• edited May 2022

I have many of these, both expensive and cheaper. I would not spend a lot. The Scarletts are a good value. I've found that the headphone jacks have been a weak link with many of these.
    Personally I use:

Focurite Solo 3rd

Postive Grid Riff
    Ik multimedia iRig HD
    UAD Apollo Arrow

UAD, is very good but there's some issues with their sales model. Have have to have all of their demo plugins in your face, inorder to use their product? So annoying. But aggressive sales tactics are understandable. Annoying, but understandable.

• @hisdudeness said:

The rev2 version or the bigger one - the studio version?

• is there a master list of interfaces than run off iPad usb-c power? no external power supply needed?

• @headmademusic said:

@hisdudeness said:

The rev2 version or the bigger one - the studio version?

I have the older one , silver one and works fine

• @hisdudeness said:

I didn't mean the small interface. I have the small interface rev.2 and it works wonderfully. I wanted to know if the large version STUDIO works with the iPad. Because no one has responded to my repeated inquiries, now, I just got it.

I have it connected to the iPad. It looks like it will work. Tonight it will be hooked up to the big setup and tested to make sure everything is working as expected.

• @headmademusic said:

@hisdudeness said:

I didn't mean the small interface. I have the small interface rev.2 and it works wonderfully. I wanted to know if the large version STUDIO works with the iPad. Because no one has responded to my repeated inquiries, now, I just got it.

I have it connected to the iPad. It looks like it will work. Tonight it will be hooked up to the big setup and tested to make sure everything is working as expected.

As far as I know , Audiofuse interfaces are IOS class compliant and you should have no issues
    Beside for specific queries arturia support is very helpful even with technical details unlike companies like izotope who take ages to answer technical queries ( but not sales :))
    Arturia even explained to me about their connectors in comparison to apogee

Don’t forget to unlock the bunch of daw plugins you get with your audiofuse

• I've been using the iRig Pro Duo for the last three years. It's time for a level up. This thread popped up right on time 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Motu M2 with a powered USB hub (or M4 if you want extra inputs for fx pedals)! No questions!

• @tahiche said:
    I have a Zedi10 by Allen & Heath…

+1 for the Zedi10, although I will say I had a PSU failure just outside the 12month warranty period, and the repair was quite expensive. I did check to see if it was just an RS part I could replace but it seemed to be an Allen & Heath PCB, and lacking time and skillz to troubleshoot to component level without high probability of failure, I sent it off to HQ for repair. Got it back and it’s been as new since then.

I like it a lot, it’s very easy to use and the support is excellent, but I was not prepared for such an early failure.

• @klangsulfat said:
    I own the Motu M4, use it on the iPad Pro 11" (2021) and I am more than happy with it.
    The latency is really low ...

Can you provide any data on M4 latency on iOS, please?

• edited December 2023

• edited December 2023

sorry, wrong thread... deleting.

• @Schmotown said:
    I’ve had an M4 for two years and I’ve compared it side by side with a Focusrite Clarett, Audient EVO, and Audient iD4 MKII, each of which I owned for awhile. The MOTU, Clarett, and iD4 had excellent sonics and each of them could deliver stellar recordings. What distinguished the M4 was its low latency, metering, headphone amp, and simple, functional ergonomics (no auto gain setting or midi control knob).

So M4 latency is lower than latency of Audient EVO on iOS?

• @filo01 said:

@Schmotown said:
    I’ve had an M4 for two years and I’ve compared it side by side with a Focusrite Clarett, Audient EVO, and Audient iD4 MKII, each of which I owned for awhile. The MOTU, Clarett, and iD4 had excellent sonics and each of them could deliver stellar recordings. What distinguished the M4 was its low latency, metering, headphone amp, and simple, functional ergonomics (no auto gain setting or midi control knob).

Oh, man. That was a long time ago! I mainly play guitar so I’m pretty sensitive to latency and I don’t recall that being an issue with the EVO. It sounded decent, too, but I didn’t care for the physical design or metering or the goofy auto-level setting thing. The MOTU M4 has been here for four years and I can’t imagine replacing it.

• edited December 2023

@Schmotown said:

@filo01 said:

@Schmotown said:

Oh, man. That was a long time ago! I mainly play guitar so I’m pretty sensitive to latency and I don’t recall that being an issue with the EVO. It sounded decent, too, but I didn’t care for the physical design or metering or the goofy auto-level setting thing. The MOTU M4 has been here for four years and I can’t imagine replacing it.

Thanks.

I mainly play guitar so I’m pretty sensitive to latency

That's me :wink:
    I had EVO8 for couple hours at home and latency was pretty decent on IOS. But it could always be better, which is why I'm asking Motu. I've looked at various measurements in reviews (including the Julian Krause YT channel), but for iOS it has almost no value due to the lack of ASIO drivers. For example, the latency of the RME Babyface Pro FS is almost double on iOS compared to PC.

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    Motu M2 with a powered USB hub (or M4 if you want extra inputs for fx pedals)! No questions!

Yep. Latency on my M2 is not noticeable, faster than my focusrite interface. And man it sounds clean!

• edited December 2023

@filo01 said:

I had EVO8 for couple hours at home and latency was pretty decent on IOS. But it could always be better, which is why I'm asking Motu. I've looked at various measurements in reviews (including the Julian Krause YT channel), but for iOS it has almost no value due to the lack of ASIO drivers. For example, the latency of the RME Babyface Pro FS is almost double on iOS compared to PC.

MOTU provides a driver for the Mac but none is needed on iOS. I typically play through a chain of at least three or four effects (iPad Pro M1 and Logic Pro) and never notice any latency through the M4. Perhaps if I were Al Di Meola…

• @Schmotown said:

@filo01 said:

MOTU provides a driver for the Mac but none is needed on iOS. I typically play through a chain of at least three or four effects (iPad Pro M1 and Logic Pro) and never notice any latency through the M4. Perhaps if I were Al Di Meola…

Thanks. I'm interested just in iOS. What frequency and sample buffer are you using?

• @filo01 said:

Thanks. I'm interested just in iOS. What frequency and sample buffer are you using?

Usually 44.1k @ 256 samples. Occasionally 48k. Always 24-bit bit depth. I don’t think I’ve ever changed the buffer from 256.