Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox v2.0

Comments

• Yeah I've definitely taken the red pill on Sunvox now, this v2 update has been the gateway. :)

• edited January 2022

Well, to get those who are interested started, here's a 'DITTY'.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/24usn9dvyxzcjhy/DITTY.sunvox?dl=0

And .wav file for those who don't yet have SunVox :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mq8hsfs3x7gmcq/DITTY.wav?dl=0

It's just 2 instruments and two patterns, 8 bars in total...
    ...yes it's a 'chippie starter' but hey, add to it, mash/trash-it-up and pass it forward...

...who knows where it will all end?!

Cheers!

• @Samu said
    I think those two apps complement each other, one does a thing the other doesn't and vice versa :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/va7mk7byi6f4x9t/draw.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Samu, as a Drambo user you just sold me on SunVox

• edited January 2022

@Samu said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    We need a patchstorage for sunvox

There's already a shedload of presets for download over at SunVox forums...
    https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Thanks. Out of curiosity do you know any Aparillo quality/level FM Patches for SunVox?

I want to explore using Sunvox as an instrument in Drambo on multiple MIDI Channels.

• @echoopera said:

@Samu said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Thanks. Out of curiosity do you know any Aparillo quality/level FM Patches for SunVox?

I want to explore using Sunvox as an instrument in Drambo on multiple MIDI Channels.

Since the FMX engine is pretty new there ain’t much yet apart from cooking up on your own :(

One module that gives quite easy instant gratification is the spectra voice module, especially when you start layering them (route one multisynth module to multiple modules to trigger them at the same time) mix and match with the other modules and effects…

SunVox is not really a ‘preset machine’ but rather ‘bake your own’.

Cheers!

• Sunvox developer is no slouch, 2.0b dropped yesterday with a bunch 'under the hood' of fixes...

Looking forward to when we get multi-out and multi-file import :sunglasses:

• Has anyone figured out the new supertracks yet? Have read the supplied documentation, which is fairly sparse, and tried the included example but I just don't see what it is for.

• @Jocphone said:
    Has anyone figured out the new supertracks yet? Have read the supplied documentation, which is fairly sparse, and tried the included example but I just don't see what it is for.

Haven’t played with them much yet but one good thing is you can mute/unmute tracks easily…

• @Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:
    Has anyone figured out the new supertracks yet? Have read the supplied documentation, which is fairly sparse, and tried the included example but I just don't see what it is for.

Haven’t played with them much yet but one good thing is you can mute/unmute tracks easily…

That is their main purpose to make it easier to mute/solo groups of patterns making arrangement easier.

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:

That is their main purpose to make it easier to mute/solo groups of patterns making arrangement easier.

I wonder if you can mute and unmute the tracks with an effect command in a pattern?

• @Samu said:

@wim said:> > > @Identor said:

@Samu said

I think those two apps complement each other, one does a thing the other doesn't and vice versa :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/

@Identor said:
    SunVox, is it that retro-style pre-Drambo thing? :)

I think those two apps complement each other, one does a thing the other doesn't and vice eras

I was wondering if this thing would compliment Drambo and Samu answered my question. You’ve just sold me on SunVox, thanks. Hope @thesoundtestroom or @Gavinski does some tutorials on version 2 here .

• edited January 2022

@echoopera said:

@Samu said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

There are lots of nice presets included in the examples and NightRadios tracks, but if you're looking for more "realism" in patches a bit like Aparillo there are some around like this MPE cello one, sounds great with some reverb. Link is in the youtube description.

His other Karplus-Strong MPE patch is good too :)

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:

OK, thanks @Samu and @Carnbot was thinking 'super' tracks might do something a bit more 'super', but I can see they might have a use.

• @Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:

I wonder if you can mute and unmute the tracks with an effect command in a pattern?

You can :)
    Command 13 bypass/solo/mute (and 14 to reset).
    No need to remember (or even type in) these commands, they are all in the 'set effect' menu item.

• @rollin said:

@Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:

You can :)
    Command 13 bypass/solo/mute (and 14 to reset).
    No need to remember (or even type in) these commands, they are all in the 'set effect' menu item.

That's great, thanks. Yeah I can see the potential with this function now :)

• Your welcome.

I most often use it in a fairly basic manner, eg stick an amplifier module at the end of a chain of modules and mute/unmute it to turn on/off an fx chain.

Talking of potential, the SunVox the rabbit hole goes deep. Some users have modules configured to behave as logic circuits. One person even recreated the game of pong in SunVox.

• Yeah, I can see how the rabbit hole is very deep :) I've been experimenting with trying to setup switches and it's tricky. I've got a crossfade between two modules working well as there's an example included.

I'm used to building networks in Touchdesigner on desktop which is much deeper but that has the advantage of having many more built in modules to build from and does make simple tasks easier to work out. TD has a simple switch module for example where you choose between the input modules. But I don't think Sunvox has that built into it yet, you can choose between inputs of the components of a metamodule, but I can't see how to simply switch between two inputs of a module on the top level. Might have to ask in the forum... :)

@rollin said:
    Your welcome.

I most often use it in a fairly basic manner, eg stick an amplifier module at the end of a chain of modules and mute/unmute it to turn on/off an fx chain.

Talking of potential, the SunVox the rabbit hole goes deep. Some users have modules configured to behave as logic circuits. One person even recreated the game of pong in SunVox.

• I don't know how to do that kind of switching, I just fudge it with multiple mutes/unmutes going simultaneously.

If you post on the warmplace forum I'll be reading the replies too!

• SunVox dev just pushed out a few new videos...

Here's one highlighting the Synthpad presets that ship with the app.

• Yeah there are some really nice presets included :)

• Sometimes a quick Google search gives surprising results...
    ...I was just wondering how to add multiple FX commands per row in SunVox and BOOM!
    (It's a nice way to combine pitch, volume, sample-offset, re-trigs etc. per row).

An old video from 2014 popped up. I always learn something new :sunglasses:

• edited January 2022

The new keyboard support is going to help a lot, I still haven't quite got used to doing the tracker by touch easily yet.
    One of the best things about Sunvox now is that you can easily copy the project to your desktop and work on it there on some of the little details, then carry on in a AUM session. :)

• edited January 2022

@samu would SideCar ( by @SecretBaseDesign) be of use to input tracker notes or commands or can you just hook up a Bluetooth keyboard and go?

• @audiblevideo said:
    @samu would SideCar ( by @SecretBaseDesign) be of use to input tracker notes or commands or can you just hook up a Bluetooth keyboard and go?

You can use a bluetooth keyboard without sidecar :)

• @audiblevideo said:

Bluetooth keyboard will work as long as you're running iOS13.4+
    (previous iOS version did not support 'key off' making it un-usable for note entry etc.).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@audiblevideo said:

Bluetooth keyboard will work as long as you're running iOS13.4+
    (previous iOS version did not support 'key off' making it un-usable for note entry etc.).

Cheers!

Oh man!
    Good to know. I almost bought one some time ago. It would suck to be unable to use it

• @senhorlampada said:

Oh man!
    Good to know. I almost bought one some time ago. It would suck to be unable to use it

Yeah, but as long as you're running 13.4+ it works just fine :sunglasses:

I'll weigh in a proper keyboard if/when I get a new iPad...

• edited January 2022

Keyboard support is very good, worth putting the shortcuts in your notes for reference. Undo, naturally is very handy :)

• I got the app recently and it sounds really well! I plugged a keyboard which greatly speeds up the entire input process.

One question on shortcuts. Is there any way to quickly change the step advance after the note is inserted?