Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox v2.0

Comments

• ok, got it:)
    thank you both

• edited January 2022

Ah, system clipboard is just for WAV files I think...

• @Carnbot said:

I didn't even try that yet!

Once the request-list for 2.1 drops I'll add a request for Drag'n'Drop from the Files.app pop-over into the AUv3 and Stand-Alone together with multi-file import selection for the Document Picker.

The system clipboard for *.wav files is a real hidden bonus feature for the Virsyn ReSlice AUv3 as well :)

Despite the somewhat quirky file-management I think it works well enough as one seldom needs to jump between stand-alone and AUv3 to get things done. (And even then save a complete project file with 'everything' and it's a one-file import operation).

What I really like about the sampler module in SunVox is that it reads the loop-metadata, it can do synced recordings based on transport, small things like that.

And as a note to myself, I should use SunVox a LOT more :sunglasses:

• @samu requests are ongoing, just make a thread in the relevant warmplace subforum.

• @szczyp said:
    I had my half year adventure with sunvox 3 years ago, it is great (distortion king), but at this time I was looking for piano roll.

Nowadays we have many piano roll apps, and many step sequencers, and Mirack (for example auxmux aviary), so tracker part seems like another way to place notes.
    If i good remember the resolution of sunvox is 96 ppqm. Im interested to check what options are to modulate steps in tracker, if any.
    And i hope there is sample start modulation in sampler.

Tracker command 07 is my go to for sample start modulation. Especially when resequencing breakbeats.

SunVox has got loads of modulation options, you can come at it from the modular section (LFO based stuff, etc) or via tracker commands.

• @rollin said:
    @samu requests are ongoing, just make a thread in the relevant warmplace subforum.

Done, let's see how many jump on it :)
    Also added a few pattern navigation suggestions for touch devices...

• another question mark for me is multitouch. in the manual it says multitouch. but it definately is not multitouch here on my ipad?

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

I didn't even try that yet!

Once the request-list for 2.1 drops I'll add a request for Drag'n'Drop from the Files.app pop-over into the AUv3 and Stand-Alone together with multi-file import selection for the Document Picker.

The system clipboard for *.wav files is a real hidden bonus feature for the Virsyn ReSlice AUv3 as well :)

Despite the somewhat quirky file-management I think it works well enough as one seldom needs to jump between stand-alone and AUv3 to get things done. (And even then save a complete project file with 'everything' and it's a one-file import operation).

What I really like about the sampler module in SunVox is that it reads the loop-metadata, it can do synced recordings based on transport, small things like that.

And as a note to myself, I should use SunVox a LOT more :sunglasses:

Yeah the import process works well it's just that it's easy to forget if you don't do it for a while as it's not very "intuitive". Multi file import would be useful :)

• edited January 2022

@rototom said:
    another question mark for me is multitouch. in the manual it says multitouch. but it definately is not multitouch here on my ipad?

What are you trying to do?

When you connect two modules together it's definitely multi-touch, tap on one module, hold it down and tap on another to connect, same with all zoom gestures and play chords.

If you're trying to move multiple modules, that is 'by design' and you need to use the select tool to move/relocate multiple modules.

Only place where it can be a bit annoying is playing on-screen keyboard and adjusting instrument parameters.

Thankfully SunVox on iOS now has proper support for external keyboard so that can be used to play the module while using touch to adjust parameters.

Things do get time to get used to :sunglasses:

• Full bluetooth keyboard support in the AUv3 is also a great new feature B)

• Is there a quick way to enter chords/ pads like you can enter single notes?

When i try to enter chords via the tracker and a keyboard it enters the separate notes all in the single track. Looking for a way to chord C7 and get all four notes in parallel tracks.

Amazing app though!

• @wws said:
    Is there a quick way to enter chords/ pads like you can enter single notes?

Currently no unless you're using a BT keyboard where you can use the 'tab' key to go to the next column and with 0 advance it's enter note 1, tab, note 2, tab, note 3 etc.

Or 'record' at slow speed in which case chords can be recorded.

Another 'lazy' way would be to duplicate all the needed sound-generating modules and use a multi-synth module to trigger them. Each of the triggered modules could then tuned to match a chord (so a multi synth could trigger 3 analog generators tuned to 0, +4 and +7). So one Multi-Synth could trigger a Major chord with one note and another a Minor chord...

(Two MultiSynths trigger a Major or Minor chord using the connected tuned Analog Generators).

Part of the 'fun' with SunVox is to figure ut how to do things :sunglasses:

• Here's another chord variant...

(1 multi-synth triggering 3 multi-synths with transpose to one sample).

• Thanks @Samu, I also got SunVox at some point and have no idea how to use it. Your insight will be very helpful.

• @Samu said:

@wws said:
    Is there a quick way to enter chords/ pads like you can enter single notes?

Currently no unless you're using a BT keyboard where you can use the 'tab' key to go to the next column and with 0 advance it's enter note 1, tab, note 2, tab, note 3 etc.

Is there a way to zero advance with a regular keyboad (logitech folder keyboard for the ipad)? Tab works fine.

• @wws said:

Is there a way to zero advance with a regular keyboad (logitech folder keyboard for the ipad)? Tab works fine.

Yes, the pop up menu under the lock icon sets the number of rows to advance on note entry.

• @Samu said:

@gregsmith said:
    I own this app and have absolutely no idea what it is 😂

This seems like a great reason to try again

Well, you can start by creating your own sample based drum machine using your own samples :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyqypq1py5j6590/SVoXDrumM.mp4?dl=0
    (This time in AUM and with Host Tempo Sync, Sample Import and basic note entry).

@echoopera This is way more organized then the previous mess haha...

Hope it helps people explore SunVox and not be 'afraid' of it?!

Cheers!

Thanks @Samu 🙌🙌🙌

• One day my ADD is going to allow me to really understand this app

• tjatja
    edited January 2022

Updated on my Mac Mini M1, from App Store:

But yes, this is the iPad version ... before the update, it worked.

Will try the true macOS installation by downloaded archive file.

• @tja said:
    Updated on my Mac Mini M1, from App Store:

But yes, this is the iPad version ... before the update, it worked.

Will try the true macOS installation by downloaded archive file.

You'll need to jump through some hoops to work around Apple's app signing junk. See https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4399. The first method worked for me.

• edited January 2022

@wim said:

You'll need to jump through some hoops to work around Apple's app signing junk. See https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4399. The first method worked for me.

Another method that works for Monterey is to 'move/copy' the Mac.app out to the desktop and then back into the SunVox folder when it is in Applications folder. After that hold down control and select open app and 'accept' the mumbo jumbo about signing' etc.

And when you open files from another place macOS will prompt you to grant access to the location.(Desktop etc).

• Thanks, @wim and @Samu

• We need a patchstorage for sunvox

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    We need a patchstorage for sunvox

There's already a shedload of presets for download over at SunVox forums...
    https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

• Yes there's loads of patches available to explore on the forum and also there is a discord channel.
    Here's one interesting one, a step sequencer so you don't have to use the tracker, add midi out to AUM etc :)

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5899&p=20679&hilit=sequencer#p20679

• SunVox 2.1 is already in development? 😅😳🤗

• @tja said:
    SunVox 2.1 is already in development? 😅😳🤗

Naturally, it's an ever evolving project :sunglasses:

AUv3 Multi-Out will be one feature to look out for...
    ...it's already on the to-do list together with support for multi in/out audio-devices etc. etc.

• @Samu said:

@tja said:
    SunVox 2.1 is already in development? 😅😳🤗

Naturally, it's an ever evolving project :sunglasses:

AUv3 Multi-Out will be one feature to look out for...
    ...it's already on the to-do list together with support for multi in/out audio-devices etc. etc.

Need to spend more time with this 😅

• The hardest part of SunVox is keeping up with how many things get updated each time :lol:
    Massive updates, always

The second hardest part (on iOS, for those without a keyboard like me) is it seems slow to put notes in (compared to how fast you can do it with an external keyboard or on desktop), can be easily fixed by this awesome tip Wim dropped...
    Just a heads up, if you send the file from Pixitracker 1Bit, the samples play clean inside SunVox... You would have to do some setup to dirty it up again

@wim said:
    Fun "life hack" ...

PixiTracker is a fun app by the same developer. You can quickly whip up a track, then export to a full SunVox project with all the tracks set up and sampler modules connected up. Replace the sampler modules with other modules if you like and you're off to the races without having to deal with the tracker to get started.

• The best way I find to get notes or automation in without using the tracker is recording into patterns. But yeah, adding notes in by hand is certainly something to master. Sunvox tracker is essentially like coding a sequence. But that in itself is very interesting and powerful way to create. :)