Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox v2.0

Comments

• Hopefully someone will do a quick tutorial on how to make a track on the iPad with SunVox so i can get my head around this mysterious and magical app @Samu

Something simple like a Drum Track, Pads, ARP Melody and Bass would be nice.

I’ve tried watching the desktop vids but i always get lost in them as they don’t map 1:1 with the iPad.

• @echoopera said:
    Hopefully someone will do a quick tutorial on how to make a track on the iPad with SunVox so i can get my head around this mysterious and magical app @Samu

Well, not a masterpiece, don't have much space on my iPad to do screen recordings and QuickTime recording over airplay is laggy as-f but enjoy and have a laugh, hope you'll learn something :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj1p5x3vyn44nwq/crap.mov?dl=0

• As someone that hasn’t done much but taking a glimpse at this app so far, how does it differ from Drambo or maybe miRack?

• @dobbs said:
    As someone that hasn’t done much but taking a glimpse at this app so far, how does it differ from Drambo or maybe miRack?

It is structured very differently and the vibe is very different. It is oriented towards low-level construction of sounds and is not skeuomorphic at all. Watch some videos on YouTube to get a sense of the vibe.

• @dobbs said:
    As someone that hasn’t done much but taking a glimpse at this app so far, how does it differ from Drambo or maybe miRack?

I'd say they are almost completely different even though all of them can be used to create sounds...
    ...all depends on what you want to do :sunglasses:

• edited January 2022

@dobbs said:

If you just use it for building synths or fx, I think it’s a little easier to learn than your comparators. I can’t speak to the tracker or timeline; I’ve never tried to learn those yet.

You can get SunVox for free on other platforms and test it yourself.

• The good thing about the update is now you don't have to use it for the internal sounds and can use it as midi recorder and playback/automation timeline for external synths in AUM etc. But that still takes a bit of learning.

• Can’t see update in App Store (?)

• @Kashi said:
    Can’t see update in App Store (?)

It should on the App Store (for iOS/iPadOS) and on the web for the Macs (Intel and M1)
    https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/

The iOS/iPadOS version can also be downloaded on M1 Macs.

• Amazing update, woohoo!

• @Kashi said:
    Can’t see update in App Store (?)

Go to its page and force a page refresh by dragging down. It'll probably show 'update' after that.

• The new 5-OP FMX synth is really fun to muck around with too :)

• Got it. Thanks folks

• @Carnbot said:
    The new 5-OP FMX synth is really fun to muck around with too :)

The Spectra Voice module us pretty neat too, even though it's not 'new'.

• As @samu said already, I can't believe this is (yet another) free update.

Looking forward to playing with all the new goodies.

• @Carnbot said:

I know. They just slip a little 5 op FM synth into the update as well. No big deal 😂🙌

• edited January 2022

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

The Spectra Voice module us pretty neat too, even though it's not 'new'.

Yeah that's also nice, lots to explore here :)

• This update looks bonkers, wow. Samu thank you for the vid - watching someone actually just work through making something from scratch was really helpful.

I've owned SunVox for who knows how long, but this update got me to re-download it to give it a decent go for once. I've poked around once or twice over the years, but it wasn't until fairly recently that working in iOS started making sense to me SO, I'm hoping that this is the time that I can crack it. I've been meaning to learn how to use a tracker. Hoping a nice juicy overview video pops up and then I'll work back from there.

• Thank you @samu. This will definitely be a big help 🙏🏼💕

• @timelining said:
    This update looks bonkers, wow. Samu thank you for the vid - watching someone actually just work through making something from scratch was really helpful.

I've owned SunVox for who knows how long, but this update got me to re-download it to give it a decent go for once. I've poked around once or twice over the years, but it wasn't until fairly recently that working in iOS started making sense to me SO, I'm hoping that this is the time that I can crack it. I've been meaning to learn how to use a tracker. Hoping a nice juicy overview video pops up and then I'll work back from there.

It's a great synth and fx app even if you never touch the tracker.

• I bought SunVox last year and only dove into it a couple of times but this makes me even more excited to really learn this thing in and out. Virtual ANS and Fractal Bits are 2 of my all time favorites. Think I have every app by Alexander at this point. Really is a huge update.

• Fun "life hack" ...

PixiTracker is a fun app by the same developer. You can quickly whip up a track, then export to a full SunVox project with all the tracks set up and sampler modules connected up. Replace the sampler modules with other modules if you like and you're off to the races without having to deal with the tracker to get started.

• I own this app and have absolutely no idea what it is 😂

This seems like a great reason to try again

• @gregsmith said:
    I own this app and have absolutely no idea what it is 😂

This seems like a great reason to try again

Well, you can start by creating your own sample based drum machine using your own samples :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyqypq1py5j6590/SVoXDrumM.mp4?dl=0
    (This time in AUM and with Host Tempo Sync, Sample Import and basic note entry).

@echoopera This is way more organized then the previous mess haha...

Hope it helps people explore SunVox and not be 'afraid' of it?!

Cheers!

• I had my half year adventure with sunvox 3 years ago, it is great (distortion king), but at this time I was looking for piano roll.

Nowadays we have many piano roll apps, and many step sequencers, and Mirack (for example auxmux aviary), so tracker part seems like another way to place notes.
    If i good remember the resolution of sunvox is 96 ppqm. Im interested to check what options are to modulate steps in tracker, if any.
    And i hope there is sample start modulation in sampler.

• hey @Samu or anybody else, is there a way to save the settings of a single module? like a preset?

• @rototom said:
    hey @Samu or anybody else, is there a way to save the settings of a single module? like a preset?

Yepp, select the module and tap...

After that 'Save'.

The same menu is also where you can load any of the pre-made instruments (there's a ton) into your project.

Cheers!

• ok, thanks @samu
    but unfortunately i cannot find the saved module (saved in standalone), in auv3 sunvox

• edited January 2022

@rototom said:
    ok, thanks @samu
    but unfortunately i cannot find the saved module (saved in standalone), in auv3 sunvox

Importing into AUv3 Sunvox is a bit annoying, you have to do "system import" in AUv3 sunvox (Main menu: export/import => system import) then browse for the file in the Main sunvox folder.

Or you can use the wifi import process, system clipboard might work too (I haven't tried that yet)

• @rototom said:
    ok, thanks @samu

You'll need to 'import' it into the AUv3 from the SunVox menu.

Tap the SunVox menu (top right), Export/Import and System Import and navigate to the SunVox folder using the Document Picker and pick the file you wish to import (all file-types are supported).

I know it's a bit quirky and it's the same if you need to get stuff 'out' from the AUv3, you need to 'Export' it from the AUv3 into the SunVox folder.

If you've got access to a computer you could use the Wi-Fi export/import under the export/import menu, start the stand-alone, enable Wi-Fi export/import, fetch the files and then start the Wi-Fi thing in the AUv3 and import them from the desktop.

After a few tries it becomes quite 'automatic' :sunglasses: