Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox v2.0

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Just about the only bug I've bumped Into is the Analog Generator and when using 'sub' mode...
    ...some lower notes numbers will not produce any output with detune amount set to 1--3 (all other modes work with small detune amount and 'sub' works on all notes when detune is >6).

These are the kind of things that are already 'known' already so I feel I can't contribute with further testing :sunglasses:

Looking forward to the release and if it's a paid update for iOS I'll gladly pay for it.

As it's a full point release I'm expecting it to be a paid update. I get so much use out of it, I'll donate if it isn't.

• Trying out the FMX module on my mac, its an immense and flexible implementation. Especially with the various modulation types, open operator routing, waveforms etc.

I'm hoping (but not expecting) that we'll get an AUv3-native way of modulating SunVox parameters from outside. Right now you have to use midi, and that's pretty low resolution unless you send pitch bend or rpn/nrpns. But I'll use it either way :P

• @quartzite said:

I'm hoping (but not expecting) that we'll get an AUv3-native way of modulating SunVox parameters from outside. Right now you have to use midi, and that's pretty low resolution unless you send pitch bend or rpn/nrpns. But I'll use it either way :P

I think it's best to stick to Midi CC routing considering that there's a gazillion parameters in SunVox and everything depends on how many modules are being used. There's no such thing as 'dynamically adding/removing/renaming AUv3 parameter on the fly', so it's a no-can-do at the moment...

I'm also running the SunVox 2.0 beta and bumped into an issues which exposed the in-accuracy of the pitch calculations in SunVox's Analog Generator. Hopefully the developer can sort it out before release :sunglasses:

It will be an epic update when it drops!

• SunVox ❤️ ♥️ 💜

• @Samu said:

@quartzite said:

I think it's best to stick to Midi CC routing considering that there's a gazillion parameters in SunVox and everything depends on how many modules are being used. There's no such thing as 'dynamically adding/removing/renaming AUv3 parameter on the fly', so it's a no-can-do at the moment...

Yea, I guess my hope would be that there would be like 16 AUv3 params that can be used as modulations in the same way as midi without the extra setup inside my host. Totally a minor thing though, I'll survive :)

• Man, never thought I'd get two of my wishes/requests for the SunVox 2 Analog Generator thru but they are here :sunglasses:

Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 phase" - starting phase of the additional oscillator;
    Analog Generator: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";

These two settings turn the new Analog Generator to PWM heaven in 'sub' mode, I'm so happy!!!

• I'm happy for you Samu. It's pretty cool the way nightradio accomodates requests right up to the last minute before release.

• We're probably tantalisingly close to release as BETA3 is now out (still desktop only, as per all SunVox betas).

https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-2.0-beta3.zip
    Delay: the Feedback resolution has been increased to 32768;
    Delay: new "Delay unit" value: sample; try to avoid using this as the sound will depend on the sampling rate in the SunVox settings;
    Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 phase" - starting phase of the additional oscillator;
    Analog Generator: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
    FMX: new Modulation type - "phase+"; the same as phase modulation, but the envelope will be applied to self-modulation and feedback;
    bug fixes;

• Just landed! 😊

• I hope to dig into this app in this new year as only touched the basics up to now and with the new update will be a good time to start now.

• edited January 2022

The SunVox 2.0 update just dropped and it's a 'free' update, crazy!

• iOS 11+: SunVox Audio Unit (AUv3) can now send MIDI notes and MIDI CC to other AU modules;
    • iOS 13.4+: full USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (like on desktops);
    • multiple module selection + ability to save several selected modules to a sunvox file;
    • timeline: supertracks (see simple_examples/supertracks.sunvox);
    • improved import of old tracker formats (XM and MOD);
    • new module - FMX: 5-operator Frequency Modulation synth;
    • new module - FFT frequency transformator;
    • timeline menu: new option "Vertical mode";
    • timeline menu: new functions "Load" and "Save" to load/save selected patterns from/to a sunvox file;
    • timeline menu: new function "Detach" to convert the clones to the normal patterns;
    • module editor menu: new function "Detach" to detach the selected modules from the rest;
    • module editor menu: new function "Make MetaModule" for packing the selected modules into a single MetaModule;
    • now it is possible to delete modules, but keep the links;
    • pattern properties: X and Y fields - exact coordinates of the pattern on the timeline;
    • module properties: X and Y fields - exact coordinates of the module;
    • module visualizer: "Phase Sync" oscilloscope option has been added; activate it to see a single waveform cycle;
    • module visualizer: new buttons "reset", "apply", "copy", "paste";
    • ADSR->Sustain: new value "Repeat" (repeat the envelope until the module is stopped);
    • ADSR->Smooth Transitions: new value "volume change" (the volume will change smoothly, but the envelope start is not smoothed);
    • Amplifier: new controller "Bipolar DC Offset";
    • Analog Generator: the "Freq2" controller has been ranamed to "Osc2" (pitch deviation of the additional oscillator);
    • Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 volume" - additional oscillator volume;
    • Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 mode" - mixing mode of the additional oscillator with the main one (add;sub;mul;min;max;bitwise AND;bitwise XOR);
    • Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 phase" - starting phase of the additional oscillator;
    • Analog Generator: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
    • Delay: new controller "Delay multiplier";
    • Delay: new "Delay unit" values: sec/44100, sec/48000, sample;
    • Delay: max delay length has been increased to 60 sec;
    • Delay: new controller "Feedback" (for sound and events);
    • Echo: new controller "Right channel offset" (how much to shift the right channel relative to the left in time);
    • Echo: new controller "Filter";
    • Echo: new controller "Filter frequency";
    • Filter Pro: new modes "stereo + smoothing" and "mono + smoothing" for additional parameter smoothing;
    • Filter Pro: new types "LP 6dB" and "HP 6dB";
    • LFO: new controller "Sine quality";
    • MetaModule->Play patterns: new values "on (repeat, endless)" and "on (no repeat, endless)";
    • MetaModule: number of user defined controllers has been increased to 96;
    • MetaModule: controller color can now be changed by adding "@X" to the beginning of the name, where X is the group number from 0 to F;
    • MultiSynth: new option "Output port number = round-robin (cyclic)";
    • Sampler: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
    • new pattern effects (column EE):
    • 1A - fine velocity slide up/down (XX - up speed; YY - down speed); once at the beginning of a line;
    • 33 - slot sync (for sv_sync_resume() in SunVox library);
    • 34 - set (XX) or reset (YY) project options: 1 - no portamento on the first tick; 2 - no velocity slide on the first tick; (for compatibility with old tracker formats);
    • 3C - copy track XX from from the pattern YY; for example, if XXYY = 0023, then the first track will be copied from the pattern named "23";
    • 3D - write a random value to track YY; min value, max value and column must be in track 0, starting from line XX; see example "pat effect 3D random value";
    • new examples and modules;
    • bug fixes.
      See the full changelog on the site...
  • Some screenshots of how to set this up in AUM to use midi would be cool to a beginner 😊.

I got the basics of it Tracker and module and timeline.

• Brilliant, I'm going to dig into Sunvox much more now that it's got midi out.
    Also Alexander confirmed that multi audio out is on the future list :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Some screenshots of how to set this up in AUM to use midi would be cool to a beginner 😊.

I got the basics of it Tracker and module and timeline.

Way easier than you think, just use the MultiSynth Module and select the Midi output :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fya10txgjeksnax/svox2midi.mp4?dl=0

• It's got 4 midi out ports in AUM :)

• @Samu Cheers for putting that together got it working now. On the tracker front are we limited to 4 tracks and 31 steps ? I know you can do a lot with that but just wondering if you can add to that?

• edited January 2022

@Jumpercollins said:
    @Samu Cheers for putting that together got it working now. On the tracker front are we limited to 4 tracks and 31 steps ? I know you can do a lot with that but just wondering if you can add to that?

Each pattern can have up to 32 tracks and up to 512 rows set under pattern properties.
    There's no limit on simultaneously playing patterns it's limited by the RAM & CPU.

Also it's quite fun to just 'record' as it creates a new pattern on the time-line :sunglasses:

• Also a quick way to get samples into SunVox is to use 'System Import' under Export / Import in the SunVox menu.

When you select a sample it will automatically create a 'Sampler' one just needs to connect it to the output.
    To sequence it externally double tap on the 'Sampler' and set Midi In to 'always' and which channel it should respond on.

Currently the import dialogue doesn't have a 'select' option to import multiple files at once.
    (This is the first time I'm on the iOS version of SunVox 2 ran the beta on the desktop).

• @samu cheers again for all that info. Last question. How do you sync to AUM host ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @samu cheers again for all that info. Last question. How do you sync to AUM host ?

It's 'auto-magic'. AUM Strats the playback in SunVox.

• @Jumpercollins I guess you need to set in the project properties that it should sync temp too :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/npajetyg98ceow2/svoxmidisync.mp4?dl=0
    (That's a classic Amiga ModFile played in SunVox and tempo controlled by AUM).

• @Samu Cheers again that was brilliant great stuff. 👍

• Yeah you can also sync position in project properties. :)

I was experimenting with importing an MPE midi file from midi tape recorder and it works but it imports as 1 midi pattern and I don't think Sunvox can play back multi multiple midi channels from one pattern, so I'm wondering on a workflow with that. Maybe there's a way of exporting MPE as multiple midi files?

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah you can also sync position in project properties. :)

I was experimenting with importing an MPE midi file from midi tape recorder and it works but it imports as 1 midi pattern and I don't think Sunvox can play back multi multiple midi channels from one pattern, so I'm wondering on a workflow with that. Maybe there's a way of exporting MPE as multiple midi files?

Surely it can play multiple midi-channels from one pattern :sunglasses:
    The midi-channel is controlled by the 'module' that the channel is triggering on a specific row.
    (So if you've got 3 modules sending on different midi-channels all three modules can be sent from one track in a pattern).

Have not checked midi-import yet...

• edited January 2022

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

The midi-channel is controlled by the 'module' that the channel is triggering on a specific row.
    (So if you've got 3 modules sending on different midi-channels all three modules can be sent from one track in a pattern).

ok thanks that might be it :) it imports with one module and the properties on the module I can only select one channel out for the midi, so I guess I'll need to set up multiple modules for MPE output...

• @Carnbot said:

ok thanks that might be it :) it imports with one module and the properties on the module I can only select one channel out for the midi, so I guess I'll need to set up multiple modules for MPE output...

Maybe it depends on the midi-file type (0 or 1)?
    Most files I've tried now import with one module per midi-channel...

While importing a test midi-files @Jumpercollins 65535 rows is the current maximum pattern length :sunglasses:

• I’ve always loved SunVox but I still love it more and more every day ❤️

• @Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah this is what I'm not sure about with the tracker import, whether it's keeping all the midi data intact from the midi tape recorder file. Might be easier to record directly into Sunvox.

• amazing update! this app is legendary.

• Wow! What an update.. 👏 🙏 ❤️