Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro | Midi Controller Compatibility / Auto Mapping

124»

Comments

• edited March 2023

@Gdub said:
    @tahiche
    Just tried with ableton push 1
    Successful
    Mapped some pads to control loopy pro
    Had push 1 attached to a pc think pad ( hub ) and then usb c into iPad Pro
    Works, but can’t find my power adapter, so push virtually has no button lights on, until I map them, then the pads light when pressed
    But the external finish to my push 1 has gone sticky ( have red about this happening)
    But life in the old dog yet, also had 2 monitors plugged in and a mouse, only problem is sound just coming out of the iPad speakers ( not sure of the solution for this new problem)

Thanks for trying it out. I just did as well. The screen on the Push1 shows the “waiting for Ableton “ text, I get no colors or feedback when pushing buttons (power adapter plugged in). Seems pretty unusable. I think the problem might be I can’t get into user mode.

I wonder if a Mozaic script could do something… sort of like the Moss script does for Bitwig. Obviously wouldn’t expect something so elaborate, basic clip launching would be ok.

• @tahiche said:

@Gdub said:
    @tahiche
    Successful
    Works, but can’t find my power adapter, so push virtually has no button lights on, until I map them, then the pads light when pressed
    But the external finish to my push 1 has gone sticky ( have red about this happening)
    But life in the old dog yet, also had 2 monitors plugged in and a mouse, only problem is sound just coming out of the iPad speakers ( not sure of the solution for this new problem)

Thanks for trying it out. I just did as well. The screen on the Push1 shows the “waiting for Ableton “ text, I get no colors or feedback when pushing buttons (power adapter plugged in). Seems pretty unusable. I think the problem might be I can’t get into user mode.

I wonder if a Mozaic script could do something… sort of like the Moss script does for Bitwig. Obviously wouldn’t expect something so elaborate, basic clip launching would be ok.

Did you connect a midi monitor to see if any midi is sent?

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@Gdub said:
    @tahiche
    Successful

Did you connect a midi monitor to see if any midi is sent?

There’s midi sent, when mapping to Loopy. But no lights or feedback.
    Also knobs (Push knobs have press and turn) send weird values, on, off, double click , CC’s …

• @steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @tahiche Push 2 only supports Ableton. It has no MIDI I/O of its own.

I don't think that's correct, Push has a 'user mode' which can be used as a generic midi controller.

I might well be wrong, but I thought that the user mode is only for midi inside/via Ableton?

• @mistercharlie said:

@steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:

I don't think that's correct, Push has a 'user mode' which can be used as a generic midi controller.

I might well be wrong, but I thought that the user mode is only for midi inside/via Ableton?

Yeah, that’s what it looks like. Can’t select user mode. Btw it’s not exclusively on Ableton, it works also on Bitwig via the Moss script.

• @mistercharlie said:

@steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yes, sorry my mistake - I use User mode for Reason on desktop with PusheR2 software, so it can be triggered with non Ableton software, but nothing like that iOS that I'm aware of. Does work with IOS as a generic midi controller, but no lights and crap knobs (but looks like @tahiche and everyone has worked that out anyway).

• I was watching a video (link) on the Nektar Pacer foot controller with Loopy and the Nektar’s colors seem to correspond to the donuts in Loopy… Checked the manual and the Pacer is not listed under “special support… rgb lighting”.

In the manual it says that:

By default, for most connected MIDI controllers, Loopy Pro will send MIDI feedback for any currently-bound actions.

But that doesn’t explain the colors… Is it maybe supported but not on the list?. Having corresponding colors on the pedalboard would not only look nice but it’d be reassuring as to what you’re doing without having to check the screen.

• I definitely haven’t implemented support for the Pacer. It’s probably some custom messages being sent to it; perhaps you could ask the video author?

• @Michael said:
    I definitely haven’t implemented support for the Pacer. It’s probably some custom messages being sent to it; perhaps you could ask the video author?

I did!. Could also be that the author had mapped the pedal colors in the Pacer editor to correspond to the loop colors. Which might also be the case for other videos that I saw.

• @Michael said:
    I definitely haven’t implemented support for the Pacer. It’s probably some custom messages being sent to it; perhaps you could ask the video author?

Ok, just checked and the author has answered my question. Indeed they’re programmed in Nektar, so they’re static.

Do you know of any foot controller that has “extensive” support, specifically the color feedback?… that’d be amazing.

As for hardware control support. I’ve always wondered if it’d be possible to make it so that Loopy could do like Bitwig and other daws where they load a script at startup implementing an API and thus allow for third party integration and custom hardware control. Like what the amazing Driven By Miss scripts do in Bitwig. That would allow for someone to write a custom script for, say the Push 2, some foot controllers or whatever to work with Loopy and do some great stuff. That’d also mean that Michael wouldn’t have to do all the device control scripts. Loopy, by it’s own right, is a consolidated standard and maybe this could open up the possibilities in very interesting ways,

Cheers!

• I do have that on my todo list, @tahiche (a script-like system for implementing custom hardware support).

• @Michael said:
    I do have that on my todo list, @tahiche (a script-like system for implementing custom hardware support).

🙌 you’re a machine! (Huge compliment in Spanish, in case it sounds odd 😜)