Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

13468948

Comments

  • edited December 2021

    @tja said:
    WISHLIST for @Michael

    1) Add a search field for the AU Apps by dragging down on the list ... for those with many many of them ;-)

    +1

    @emjay said:
    I would be tempted to try this one, as I’m still contemplating which looper to buy.

    However, subscription software is a no-go for me. I know, lots of people on here don’t seem to care, and fair enough. Just thought I would let the creator(s) know that at least one potential buyer has been put off by that one thing.

    Not trying to cause any trouble, or disrupt anything. If it works out well, and more than enough people subscribe? Awesome. More power to you.

    Either way, happy holidays if you have them. <3

    Really? You should learn to read properly.
    Either way, happy holidays if you have them without Loopy Pro.

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

  • @quartzite said:
    Does Loopy Pro:
    1. Store presets for AUv3s that can be switched via midi messages?

    It'll store presets; MIDI actions to switch them are coming very soon.

    1. Allow you to keep a loop going while switching projects?

    Projects themselves, not yet, although cross-project transitions are coming. You can use a different page for each song, though, as a way around for now.

  • @galmandsværk said:
    I’m loving it already. Only just scratching the surface. In combination with the Launchpad and the many onscreen widgets, I’m going to have so much fun.
    However, first problem I can’t solve. I want a midi sequencer (polybeat or octachron) to send midi to e.g. Digistix and then record it’s output to a donut. But, I don’t get any sound, apart from the odd sound when a midi message somehow slips through. I can manually play the sounds on Digistix, but it doesn’t seem to read the midi input from Polybeat and/or Octachron.
    Am I missing something??

    Great!

    MIDI sequencer stuff is a little wacky at present, that's a fix I'll make in the next couple of days.

  • @Crabman said:
    I did read there is a roadmap of planned things?Where can i find it?And is there a full feature list somewhere?

    It's at https://loopypro.com/manual for now

  • Happy day indeed!

    Are there any tricks to using the echo cancellation? I keep calibrating it, but it doesn’t make much difference for me.

  • @GRiker said:
    We are the manual. Come join us.

    Nice thought. :)

    @Ailerom said:
    I have to say I think this is probably the best pricing structure for supporting development and getting a great product. I was not prepared for the price so will hold off for a bit (hope the beta works for another couple of weeks) before purchase. It must be hard to find a good funding model in the rigid App store. Pay now and nothing ever again can't work if you really love an app, although there is always the IAP. This is a bit like the "S" word but probably more like has been suggested. The regular updates I pay for desktop plugins etc etc. Although there is no annual cycle to that, Loop Pro has come as close to that as possible. I think this models is a win win situation. Wouldn't entice me for all software but for Loopy Pro it will be fine to justify the purchase when I can.

    +1

  • @mistercharlie said:
    I wrote an article about Loopy Pro, and how the iOS music scene has been shaped by indie devs like @Michael, @giku_beepstreet , and @Kymátika

    https://www.lifewire.com/loopy-pro-breaks-down-audio-barriers-for-musicians-again-5213849

    Thanks! However I'm @j_liljedahl not @Kymátika (someone kind of stole my company name on this forum...)

  • edited December 2021

    Last active 7 years ago... For a single visit...
    if it’s a bot, maybe employ it to work on AUM :)

  • @Michael said:

    @quartzite said:
    Does Loopy Pro:
    1. Store presets for AUv3s that can be switched via midi messages?

    It'll store presets; MIDI actions to switch them are coming very soon.

    1. Allow you to keep a loop going while switching projects?

    Projects themselves, not yet, although cross-project transitions are coming. You can use a different page for each song, though, as a way around for now.

    Thanks so much for the reply! These features are super exciting, #2 especially will be a gamechanger for iOS music (ontop of all the gamechanging loopy pro already provides :smile: ).

  • @0tolerance4silence said:
    Last active 7 years ago... For a single visit...
    if it’s a bot, maybe employ it to work on AUM :)

    I don't trust robots :)

  • @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    😂

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    Nothin I like more than a good ol’ rank-pullin’. Makes me smile, nod, and salute you, new user. You should get along just fine here.

  • Really well done Michael, must feel so good finally sending it off into the wild! More than happy to stump up for it, I mean I pay twenty quid a year to use a plant ID app, so I’m sure I can do the same for something as incredible as this

  • Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    Make sure that you do youngster. 😆😆😆

  • edited December 2021

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    Noob here too, (long time lurker, first time poster) pleased to meetcha

  • edited December 2021

    @JohnInBoston said:
    Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

    When you add the new input, do you see all the colours in the mixer in the ‘Destinations’ section? Click on the colours icon and then select which ones you want the output to go to. This will direct your audio to whichever colour group(s) you choose. Add more colour groups in Settings (top right) -> Colour Groups if you want more colours to choose from. If you have other inputs active (for example, internal mic or an AUv3), look at the destinations they’re going to and deselect any colours that you want to reserve for your hardware.

    You can add as many loops as you want in any colour. Swipe up on a loop and click on the little box in the top right to change its colour (you have to follow the steps above to add new colours before they appear as an option here). Any new loops you place onscreen will be the same as the last selected colour.

  • edited December 2021

    are there any plans to improve triggering one-shots and slicer pads with midi? right now those objects don’t seems to keep connections with midi sequencers after you restart Loopy Pro.

    the app looks very complex and promising, though I can't really see myself using it as it is right now. apart from the classic usage (recording and triggering loops, preferably from straightforward sources) everything else feels a bit rough. it desperately needs some sort of template manager (ideally some way to make snippets of groups of objects).
    it looks ideal for making some sort of custom-made instruments, but right now it feels like all the different options you have to keep track of are becoming obstacles on the way of productivity.

    I really don't want to sound negative, it's still an incredible app, it looks and for the most part feels fantastic. I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into it. I'll be trying different things in it and maybe my perspective will change before the next big update.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    Haha. Nice.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    I wrote an article about Loopy Pro, and how the iOS music scene has been shaped by indie devs like @Michael, @giku_beepstreet , and @Kymátika

    https://www.lifewire.com/loopy-pro-breaks-down-audio-barriers-for-musicians-again-5213849

    Very well written and a nice take on the iOS music community.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @headmademusic said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

    My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

    Alrighty, quote of the week right here. I hope @Michael takes this as the celebratory fist pump that it is. It is one thing to create ground breaking software, but the (arguably) harder trick is to create a community where the inside jokes resonate louder with each passing year.

  • @vasilymilovidov wrote:

    are there any plans to improve triggering one-shots and slicer pads with midi? right now those objects don’t seems to keep connections with midi sequencers after you restart Loopy Pro.

    If there is a problem , could you post some more specifics. The mappings should be preserved between restarts. If you provide details, I am sure Michael will address it.

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @JohnInBoston said:
    Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

    When you add the new input, do you see all the colours in the mixer in the ‘Destinations’ section? Click on the colours icon and then select which ones you want the output to go to. This will direct your audio to whichever colour group(s) you choose. Add more colour groups in Settings (top right) -> Colour Groups if you want more colours to choose from. If you have other inputs active (for example, internal mic or an AUv3), look at the destinations they’re going to and deselect any colours that you want to reserve for your hardware.

    You can add as many loops as you want in any colour. Swipe up on a loop and click on the little box in the top right to change its colour (you have to follow the steps above to add new colours before they appear as an option here). Any new loops you place onscreen will be the same as the last selected colour.

    Excellent! When I expand the mixer, I see the Destinations and now have signal piped to Orange. My external synth is making noise -- not good mind you, but enough to get the job done -- and the signal is above the One Shot trigger threshold. But but I hit Record and tap an Orange loop, I get a big flat nothing.

  • And I'm trying to ask the dumb questions, so others don't have to! I'm compelled by this recent mylarmelodies video to add a looper to my synth, and think Loopy Pro would more than excel at this:

  • edited December 2021

    Here’s a track I have in the works, looped live in Loopy Pro.

    This is all done using AUV3 music sources, with different octaves from the lpk25 filtered to different synths.

    It gets a bit distorted in places. I’m still trying to work out quite a few things.

    The drum loop is using retrospective recording, where I grab the first 4 bars of the quantized playback in Drambo - means I don’t have to worry about super sharp timing. The bass and chords are both set to start recording when the source audio is over a certain threshold. I set the length in bars beforehand so I didn’t have to worry about stopping the loops.

    This took quite a few takes! I need to sharpen up my looping game!

  • @JohnInBoston said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @JohnInBoston said:
    Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

    When you add the new input, do you see all the colours in the mixer in the ‘Destinations’ section? Click on the colours icon and then select which ones you want the output to go to. This will direct your audio to whichever colour group(s) you choose. Add more colour groups in Settings (top right) -> Colour Groups if you want more colours to choose from. If you have other inputs active (for example, internal mic or an AUv3), look at the destinations they’re going to and deselect any colours that you want to reserve for your hardware.

    You can add as many loops as you want in any colour. Swipe up on a loop and click on the little box in the top right to change its colour (you have to follow the steps above to add new colours before they appear as an option here). Any new loops you place onscreen will be the same as the last selected colour.

    Excellent! When I expand the mixer, I see the Destinations and now have signal piped to Orange. My external synth is making noise -- not good mind you, but enough to get the job done -- and the signal is above the One Shot trigger threshold. But but I hit Record and tap an Orange loop, I get a big flat nothing.

    Hmmm, it seems likely that there’s some setting that’s stopping you. Try tapping the settings menu, selecting Clip Settings and restoring everything to the defaults (bottom option).

  • @JohnInBoston said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @JohnInBoston said:
    Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

    When you add the new input, do you see all the colours in the mixer in the ‘Destinations’ section? Click on the colours icon and then select which ones you want the output to go to. This will direct your audio to whichever colour group(s) you choose. Add more colour groups in Settings (top right) -> Colour Groups if you want more colours to choose from. If you have other inputs active (for example, internal mic or an AUv3), look at the destinations they’re going to and deselect any colours that you want to reserve for your hardware.

    You can add as many loops as you want in any colour. Swipe up on a loop and click on the little box in the top right to change its colour (you have to follow the steps above to add new colours before they appear as an option here). Any new loops you place onscreen will be the same as the last selected colour.

    Excellent! When I expand the mixer, I see the Destinations and now have signal piped to Orange. My external synth is making noise -- not good mind you, but enough to get the job done -- and the signal is above the One Shot trigger threshold. But but I hit Record and tap an Orange loop, I get a big flat nothing.

    The REC button (top right) is for capturing mixes, or performances to the sequencer timeline. Touch an individual loop to record to it.

  • edited December 2021

    @GRiker said:

    @JohnInBoston said:
    Excellent! When I expand the mixer, I see the Destinations and now have signal piped to Orange. My external synth is making noise -- not good mind you, but enough to get the job done -- and the signal is above the One Shot trigger threshold. But but I hit Record and tap an Orange loop, I get a big flat nothing.

    The REC button (top right) is for capturing mixes, or performances to the sequencer timeline. Touch an individual loop to record to it.

    I think that's it! Thought I needed to hit the Rec button to record loops. Not so much... Thanks!

  • @espiegel123 said:
    @vasilymilovidov wrote:

    are there any plans to improve triggering one-shots and slicer pads with midi? right now those objects don’t seems to keep connections with midi sequencers after you restart Loopy Pro.

    If there is a problem , could you post some more specifics. The mappings should be preserved between restarts. If you provide details, I am sure Michael will address it.

    well, say I want to trigger slices using atom 2 or polybeat or an instance of drambo. if I route them to Virtual MIDI Out slicer doesn't even register any data so it won't map anything. when I put a third-party MIDI-bus between them slicer starts to receive midi data and I can map all the pads to different notes. when I restart Loopy slicer pads still say they are mapped to correct notes, but they don't receive data.

Sign In or Register to comment.