Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

1444546474850»

Comments

• Just one question, it’s possible,to add fx inside the feedback loop when using overdub?? I want to simulate different kind of disintegration and degradation with each pass…

• Just looking at the 'roadmap'. MacOS native is in progress, looking forward to that!

• edited March 2023

Sorry if this was answered already (probably many times), but this model is still fairly new and there is some fog in my head...
    Some of my assumptions:

• IAP enables 1y updates
    • some recent posts suggest that a bigger update is on the way (which is probably a good jump in point or a good reason to extend updates for another year via IAP)

LP was released >1y ago...
    so, does it mean that atm:

• the supportive core (purchased on day 1) is already on their 2nd cycle ?
    • some users (purchased on day 1) are waiting with the 2nd cycle for the big feature add and unable to update in the meantime ?
    • or all recent updates are maintenance, therefore every existing user on their 1st cycle qualifies ?

I wasn’t following the details of each update, but to me it seemed that even recently things were added or tweaked rather than ‘fixes only’, which made me question my understanding of this model.
    Hoping that someone can help to clear this mess in my head :)
    (or just point out that I’m overthinking it) :D

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Sorry if this was answered already (probably many times), but this model is still fairly new and there is some fog in my head...
    Some of my assumptions:

• IAP enables 1y updates
    • some recent posts suggest that a bigger update is on the way (which is probably a good jump in point or a good reason to extend updates for another year via IAP)

• some users (purchased on day 1) are waiting with the 2nd cycle for the big feature add and unable to update in the meantime ?
    • or all recent updates are maintenance, therefore every existing user on their 1st cycle qualifies ?

I wasn’t following the details of each update, but to me it seemed that even recently things were added or tweaked rather than ‘fixes only’, which made me question my understanding of this model.
    (or just point out that I’m overthinking it) :

My understanding is that some of 1.1’s new features will be part of the base and won’t require a new update IAP and some new features will be part of an update IAP.

The core features and bug fixes to them aren’t subject to any cycles.

• @espiegel123 said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Some of my assumptions:

• IAP enables 1y updates

My understanding is that some of 1.1’s new features will be part of the base and won’t require a new update IAP and some new features will be part of an update IAP.

Thanks!
    Still lost though... this only introduced an additional distinction (feature vs core feature) :D

I guess it’s safe to say that not many (maybe no one?) ‘renewed their update plan’ because there was no reason to -> this annual cycle is more of a guideline/intent.

It used to be simple to understand what are you buying :)

@espiegel123 said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Some of my assumptions:

• IAP enables 1y updates

Thanks!
    Still lost though... this only introduced an additional distinction (feature vs core feature) :D

I guess it’s safe to say that not many (maybe no one?) ‘renewed their update plan’ because there was no reason to -> this annual cycle is more of a guideline/intent.

It used to be simple to understand what are you buying :)

There hasn’t been an IAP yet to update. Everything added so far is a permanent addition to the core feature set.

What isn’t clear about the features you are buying?

Some of my assumptions:

• IAP enables 1y updates

(or just point out that I’m overthinking it) :D

As I understand it, WHEN a paid feature is released, you will get it IF you bought the IAP within the last 365 days. If it has been more than 365 days since you bought the IAP, you will need to pay again, which will entitle you to all paid features released in the next 365 days.

I unlocked LP on day one and will need to pay again if I want the new features, but someone that just picked it up last month should get them for no additional cost. I think.

Beyond that, it’s up to the dev which features are paid and which are included with the base unlock.

Definitely worth noting that I don’t have any special insight into anything — I just follow the Facebook group and pop into the Discord now and again!

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is the situation.

1. The 12 month re-up hasn't been implemented yet. The question of whether of not people have decided to update is premature at this point.
    2. All features currently implemented are included right now regardless of how long ago you purchased.
    3. When the IAP is introduced, there will be some new features that will require the update if you purchased more than 12 months ago. If you purchased less than 12 months ago, they will still be available to you without the update.
    4. Then it will be a rolling 12 months from the time you purchased the IAP during which you'll get any and all updates. If you didn't purchase the IAP you'll still get updates, just not new features, until you do.
    5. All feature additions during the next 12 months after the purchase will be included.
    6. All existing features plus bug fixes will be included whether or not the purchase is made.
    7. There will be a 7 day trial period for the new features without having to pay for the update.

I hope that's accurate.

• Yep, you guys have it right!

• What about leap years? We get the extra day?

• @u0421793 said:
    What about leap years? We get the extra day?

If you’re very, very good

• Thanks guys, now it’s clearer 👍

• edited April 2023

Need app to work as a recording place in AUM but its got a mathematical statistic crash of about 50%.

When loading and when you press play in AUM.

Havent gone through settings. Just made it 512 bars and copied to every aum template using AUM copy and move but its not that as it crashes with the original.

Host is 1024 samples. I remember loopy being 512 on an ipad and 1024 on another.

Crashes with play though. Obviously not usable just as a recorder.

Is there a way to send data, to find issue?

• edited April 2023

@sigma79 said:
    Need app to work as a recording place in AUM but its got a mathematical statistic crash of about 50%.

Havent gone through settings. Just made it 512 bars and copied to every aum template using AUM copy and move but its not that as it crashes with the original.

Host is 1024 samples. I remember loopy being 512 on an ipad and 1024 on another.

Ouch! Thanks for getting in touch. Yeah, a crash log would be very helpful: https://loopypro.com/manual/#reporting-crashes. If it's pretty reproducible, I'd also love a step-by-step guide to making it happen here, too, if you don't mind. Feel free to email me rather than using this thread, I'm [email protected]

• edited April 2023

@Michael said:

@sigma79 said:

Ouch! Thanks for getting in touch. Yeah, a crash log would be very helpful: https://loopypro.com/manual/#reporting-crashes. If it's pretty reproducible, I'd also love a step-by-step guide to making it happen here, too, if you don't mind. Feel free to email me rather than using this thread, I'm [email protected]

• Emailing you - let's not continue on this thread

• I just noticed that the user presets I have saved in AUM offer a different list depending on whether Loopy Pro is loaded in the instrument slot or the effect slot (I was wanting one in each slot in the same lane). Is this the normal behaviour?

• @robosardine said:
    I just noticed that the user presets I have saved in AUM offer a different list depending on whether Loopy Pro is loaded in the instrument slot or the effect slot (I was wanting one in each slot in the same lane). Is this the normal behaviour?

I noticed that if you save it as an LP project, then save it to AUM it will then open from the AUM instrument. Still seems a little strange?

• @robosardine said:

@robosardine said:
    I just noticed that the user presets I have saved in AUM offer a different list depending on whether Loopy Pro is loaded in the instrument slot or the effect slot (I was wanting one in each slot in the same lane). Is this the normal behaviour?

I noticed that if you save it as an LP project, then save it to AUM it will then open from the AUM instrument. Still seems a little strange?

That is the nature of AUv3. Instruments and Effects are different AUv3 from the os point of view. I think you will find the same thing with any AU that can be an instrument or an effect.

• I’m using clip above/below on the page with clips but it doesn’t work when I’m trying to use it on a second page that doesn’t have clips on and it. I copied those buttons from 1st to 2nd page hoping it will work as it was.

Any solutions?

• @espiegel123 said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

That is the nature of AUv3. Instruments and Effects are different AUv3 from the os point of view. I think you will find the same thing with any AU that can be an instrument or an effect.

Ah, OK thanks for that. I hadn’t noticed that before.

• edited January 15

edit: nevermind, figured it out already

• I think i found a bug? I use an external interface (Zoom U-24) and when i close/open loopy again the interface is still recognized but doesn‘t process any sound. I need to hotplug it to get the sound back @Michael

• @Crabman said:
    I think i found a bug? I use an external interface (Zoom U-24) and when i close/open loopy again the interface is still recognized but doesn‘t process any sound. I need to hotplug it to get the sound back @Michael

I think it is general issue. I sometimes have the same problem with my Focusrite 2i2 and Nux Mighty Plug Pro as well. I haven't figured out how to simulate it 100% yet. My workaround is to switch hardware input on channel strip to iPad mic and back.