Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

1235748

Comments

  • It’s definitely a learning experience for me so far. Multitasking and triggering a lot of things on the fly is a big departure from cutting a single track at a time. Maybe I should wait for the manual. But my curiosity to learn something new has been activated.

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    From the mixer page, in the bottom right corner there’s a plus sign to add interface input/auv3 instruments. Then you route it to a loop color or multiples or however you wanna do it.

    This took me the longest to figure out as well. I even watched that 20 minute tutorial and it didn’t cover it. Took the guided tour as well. If the app guide covered it then I need to learn to digest larger amounts of information, cause it passed me by.

    Yes, thank you. There is much to learn, especially for boys like me at the back of the class, but I'm determined to give this thing the full go.

  • We are the manual. Come join us.

  • @eross said:
    i feel like people are confused by the pricing. but to me it’s just like any desktop DAW. You buy it now, and then if you want the latest and greatest features the next year ; you pay to upgrade or you don’t . And continue using it as you always have.

    And this is A DAW, probably suited to more music production than any other DAW on IOS.
    It’s deep, but at the same time very fast.!

    I think the DAW aspect at this stage is early stages. A very cool early stage. For people looking for standard linear track editing, automation and comping, these aren’t there yet — but it has a lot to offer in the meantime.

    The retrospective looper is great for being able to play till you get a take you want to keep without having to sort through a zillion takes.

  • @eross said:
    i feel like people are confused by the pricing. but to me it’s just like any desktop DAW. You buy it now, and then if you want the latest and greatest features the next year ; you pay to upgrade or you don’t . And continue using it as you always have.

    And this is A DAW, probably suited to more music production than any other DAW on IOS.
    It’s deep, but at the same time very fast.!

    I get the feeling that the folks complaining about the pricing structure either

    a) didn't read it right or

    b) are the folks who think they have to pay for an app once and then get free updates for EVER!

    For anyone who never bought software before the App Store, this is how it has always worked. Not that "it's always been like this" is a justification for anything, but it is an established and sustainable model.

    Buy the app, and you're done. That's it. Use it forever. Then, when the new version ships, you have to option to upgrade, or not.

    In fact, Michael's version is better than that, because he promises free bug fixes forever, too. Lots of desktop apps might provide fixes for older versions for a limited period, but not forever.

    We should have a thread dedicated to price moaners, and some mods on the forum to move them there. Also, while I'm on my high horse, how many of you folks who don't want to pay a fair price for software would do your jobs if you weren't paid?

  • I wrote an article about Loopy Pro, and how the iOS music scene has been shaped by indie devs like @Michael, @giku_beepstreet , and @Kymátika

    https://www.lifewire.com/loopy-pro-breaks-down-audio-barriers-for-musicians-again-5213849

  • Any chance of adding recordable midi loops?

  • edited December 2021

    @Uprightmusic said:
    Any chance of adding recordable midi loops?

    midi loops are coming... on the roadmap

    Until then check out @GeertBevin MidiTapeRecorder (beta - opensource)

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48334/midi-tape-recorder-plugin-beta-test-sample-accurate-mpe-open-source

    There's also Atom and Helium and LK (Imaginando)

  • edited December 2021

    I’m loving it already. Only just scratching the surface. In combination with the Launchpad and the many onscreen widgets, I’m going to have so much fun.
    However, first problem I can’t solve. I want a midi sequencer (polybeat or octachron) to send midi to e.g. Digistix and then record it’s output to a donut. But, I don’t get any sound, apart from the odd sound when a midi message somehow slips through. I can manually play the sounds on Digistix, but it doesn’t seem to read the midi input from Polybeat and/or Octachron.
    Am I missing something??

    Edit: if I program a beat in Digistix’ own sequencer, it ALSO doesn’t make any sound.

    Edit 2: sorry, it does. It’s just because polybeat was overriding it. As soon as I took away Polybeat, the internal sequencer in DS took over.

  • edited December 2021

    @galmandsværk, Make sure that you’ve enabled host sync in Digistix, and established a tempo in Loopy Pro.

  • Is midi output working in auv3 mode?

  • So glad to hear the news!!

    I'll be interested to hear from other folks how it integrates -- or replaces -- the need for AUM, Cubasis, and Koala.

  • @audiblevideo said:

    @Uprightmusic said:
    Any chance of adding recordable midi loops?

    midi loops are coming... on the roadmap

    Until then check out @GeertBevin MidiTapeRecorder (beta - opensource)

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48334/midi-tape-recorder-plugin-beta-test-sample-accurate-mpe-open-source

    There's also Atom and Helium and LK (Imaginando)

    Awesome thanks!

  • @GRiker said:
    @galmandsværk, Make sure that you’ve enabled host sync in Digistix, and established a tempo in Loopy Pro.

    Thanks. It is synced with a host tempo in LP. It’s something else. I’ll be damned if I can figure out what it is. I’ll experiment some more.

  • One thing I'm looking for -- and it might already be there -- is to be able to record a loop and then hit another loop, automatically closing the first loop and starting the second. And, yeah, it'd be nice if the auto-BPM on the first loop worked with that as well.

    Again, congrats to Michael!

  • I did read there is a roadmap of planned things?Where can i find it?And is there a full feature list somewhere?

  • I'm not much of an audio looper guy, but I like the set-up, and what you've done. Happy to throw a little bit of cash into the bucket, to keep you going!

    One request -- could you make the MIDI learn/control features learnable from MIDI generated by an AUv3? The "MIDI Destinations" lists the other AUv3 plug-ins, virtual MIDI out, and the hardware interfaces. Adding in the ability to send MIDI to Loopy Pro itself would let me use an app that I'm working on in a really really useful way.

    I can add multiple MIDI destinations for my app by hitting the plus on the track strip -- but if I use the gear icon on a synth AUv3 to select my app as a MIDI source, it seems like the other connections get removed. I've figured out the "right" way to do it, but having the other connections get removed was counter-intuitive.

    Are you only supporting AUv3? (This is the way, IMO, but I was a little surprised to not see IAA or Audiobus).

    Another request -- each of the MIDI destinations can have a channel filter, and right now this is done with a slider. IMO, an up/down button would be a heck of a lot better (there's only 16 channels!). Slider... yeah, not digging it. A grid of 16 buttons would let people choose a set of MIDI destination channels, which could be useful.

  • @szczyp said:
    Is midi output working in auv3 mode?

    Yes but the midi comes back out of the AUM midi port. This will be addressed soon

  • Sorry for newbie question but can you use loopy pro to record multiple channels from AUM to multiple loops in the daw?

  • How would I go about resampling? Import a sound onto a loop, add a bunch of fx, then record the result onto a new loop to minimise cpu? Or is that something to do elsewhere with other apps?

  • @NimboStratus said:
    Sorry for newbie question but can you use loopy pro to record multiple channels from AUM to multiple loops in the daw?

    As an AU, Loopy only sees one audio input.

  • @Kashi said:
    How would I go about resampling? Import a sound onto a loop, add a bunch of fx, then record the result onto a new loop to minimise cpu? Or is that something to do elsewhere with other apps?

    You on Loopy’s mixer you can send the output of tracks (colors) to other colors for resampling

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @Kashi said:
    How would I go about resampling? Import a sound onto a loop, add a bunch of fx, then record the result onto a new loop to minimise cpu? Or is that something to do elsewhere with other apps?

    You on Loopy’s mixer you can send the output of tracks (colors) to other colors for resampling

    Cool, thanks

  • edited December 2021

    I have to say I think this is probably the best pricing structure for supporting development and getting a great product. I was not prepared for the price so will hold off for a bit (hope the beta works for another couple of weeks) before purchase. It must be hard to find a good funding model in the rigid App store. Pay now and nothing ever again can't work if you really love an app, although there is always the IAP. This is a bit like the "S" word but probably more like has been suggested. The regular updates I pay for desktop plugins etc etc. Although there is no annual cycle to that, Loop Pro has come as close to that as possible. I think this models is a win win situation. Wouldn't entice me for all software but for Loopy Pro it will be fine to justify the purchase when I can.

  • @Uprightmusic said:
    Any chance of adding recordable midi loops?

    Yeah. Looking forward to that too.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @NimboStratus said:
    Sorry for newbie question but can you use loopy pro to record multiple channels from AUM to multiple loops in the daw?

    As an AU, Loopy only sees one audio input.

    But loopy pro could be a substitute for AUM?

  • @Harro said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

    The Sound Test Room did a video about this:

    Ah! This is the video I needed! Thanks Doug! @thesoundtestroom

    ( JP’s tutorial is good as well!)

    So how’s everyone running Loopy Pro? stand-alone? As an audio effect in AUM? Anyone tried it in Drambo? Cubasis? (NS2, Ape, shoot there’s probably a million different ways to set this up)

    I know you lucky mofos that have had the beta for a while now probably have some tricks figured out by now!

    This is exciting, trying this out for the very first time! I didn’t get in on the beta, and honestly, I bought it, but I never really tried the original Loopy HD either. I have however, been longing for a live looping type of setup where I can build, well, you know, live loops! lol

    Enso, nor any of the other “looping” type of apps ever clicked with me, so I’m hoping that Loopy Pro changes all that…

  • @NimboStratus said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @NimboStratus said:
    Sorry for newbie question but can you use loopy pro to record multiple channels from AUM to multiple loops in the daw?

    As an AU, Loopy only sees one audio input.

    But loopy pro could be a substitute for AUM?

    Loopy Pro is a very capable host. It doesn’t yet support IAA.

    There is a known issue hosting MIDI sequencer AUs which will be addressed quite soon.

  • I have thrown up a more or less empty wiki page...please help turn it into a real page

    and add links to related videos

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro

  • @espiegel123 said:
    I have thrown up a more or less empty wiki page...please help turn it into a real page

    and add links to related videos

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro

    +1

Sign In or Register to comment.