Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

1424344454648»

Comments

• @rens said:
    OK, thanks for the quick answer @espiegel123 . Would be really helpful...its not really functional if you cannot 'snap back' tbh.

While I am on a roll with questions...

• How does one engage with the roadmap conversation, for instance to try to get support for those three 'twist' features?
    • with the current LP, launchpad pro mk3 is working really well but LP mini is very unreliable...sometimes the session maps and sometimes it does not. Is that known/expected behaviour?
    • another idiot question but I cannot figure it out from RFM: say I host an app like Model D as an AU instrument...is there any way to send the midi from the LP Note mode in so I can play the instrument? I know mapping is only available for effects, but I'm just interested in note on/off, etc.

If you go to the roadmap, there is a link to request additions. Michael periodically reviews them and adds them to the public list or note.

If you have trouble with the the launchpad and it is a supported model, report details to @Michael.

AU instrument parameters where made accessible in the most recent Loopy Pro release. If you spot a reference to that not being the case on the wiki, perhaps you could fix it.

To route midi from the LP, you add it as a MIDI Device to the mixer and set the AU as its destination.

• @espiegel123 said:
    To route midi from the LP, you add it as a MIDI Device to the mixer and set the AU as its destination.

wicked; that was it. Thanks for that, and the other stuff too.

• I added my proposal for imrpvemetns to twist/offset to the ideas tab: I humbly submit it to this community in case you want to upvote it.

https://app.loopedin.io/loopy-pro?idea=623e17b82783a3002ad5ad68#/ideas

• @espiegel123
    You have been a great help to lots of people on here and on slack
    Just wanted to give you a shout out as you deserve it

• Agreed! @espiegel123 is most definitively MVP. Should be on payroll 😄

• Hey folks, just wondering if reversing loops is now possible?

• Not yet but listed as “up next” in the roadmap
    https://app.loopedin.io/loopy-pro#/roadmap

• @hightunnels said:
    Not yet but listed as “up next” in the roadmap
    https://app.loopedin.io/loopy-pro#/roadmap

Good to know, hope it comes soon, definitely something I’m looking forward to.

• I just figured out the time signature of a riff I have been playing for a while and opened LP to get busy and… no 7/4 time? Dang it!

• edited April 6

@Sawiton said:
    I just figured out the time signature of a riff I have been playing for a while and opened LP to get busy and… no 7/4 time? Dang it!

You can use 7/8 for the time being.

• edited May 3

How do you set master output channel?

So I can use an ipad ( loopy host ) output master channel. To input channel on another loopy host?

Theres some apps that will be better from an ipad mini ( audio4c ) to another loopy.

• @sigma79 said:

So I can use an ipad ( loopy host ) output master channel. To input channel on another loopy host?

Theres some apps that will be better from an ipad mini ( audio4c ) to another loopy.

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do and what the setup is? Are you trying to send between loopy on two different devices?

Loopy’s master output is not currently configurable. It goes to the first stereo pair. You can send buses and tracks to other destinations though.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do and what the setup is? Are you trying to send between loopy on two different devices?

Loopy’s master output is not currently configurable. It goes to the first stereo pair. You can send buses and tracks to other destinations though.

Its cool thanks. I can just not send the output of a loopy to another loopy. There should still be looping sync.

• @sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Its cool thanks. I can just not send the output of a loopy to another loopy. There should still be looping sync.

I still don't understand. Are you trying to have two Loopy standalone instances on one iPad (which isn't possible) or one instance on each of two iPads?

You can load Loopy as an AU inside Loopy standalone.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

I still don't understand. Are you trying to have two Loopy standalone instances on one iPad (which isn't possible) or one instance on each of two iPads?

You can load Loopy as an AU inside Loopy standalone.

Its ok. Got an essential instrument in aum ( with loopy as an au if need ) - main ipad. Then loopy as a host for main looping- ipad mini. Then maybe work loops into drambo project. No point sending main out to another loopy.

lol. It were originaly. A loopy host on ipad. A drambo host on ipad.

A loopy host on another ipad. A drambo host on another ipad.

All routed to a main drambo ( audio ) Then thought I cant route host to host on same ipad anyway before knowing I cant route a loopy host to a loopy host using audio4c but its cool. Stems will be ok. Even if if I had to combine ipad audio via daw. For a live loop video.

• Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

• @pax-eterna said:
    Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

No

• @espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:
    Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

No

Cool, that's fine...was more just checking before I started trying the new one :)