Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

Comments

• @vmullot said:
    Whao! I tried to record audio loop from microphone trough external sound card; first loop it semi-freezed with strange noises when I replay (in parallel I had 2 vst, cpu showing around 40%)

I will format my ipad and make another try...

• @vmullot said:

@vmullot said:
    Whao! I tried to record audio loop from microphone trough external sound card; first loop it semi-freezed with strange noises when I replay (in parallel I had 2 vst, cpu showing around 40%)

I will format my ipad and make another try...

This is not usual.

Were you using headphones or speakers?

What do you mean by VSTs? VSTs don’t run on ios?

• @vmullot said:

What hardware and OS are you running?

This is so unusual I wonder if something was amiss with the setup. There isn’t a reason to reformat the iPad.

Before testing with your audio interface. Did you do a simple test with the built-in mic?

• I'm not on the discord. Can someone let me know when the next update is due?

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@Uprightmusic said:
    I'm not on the discord. Can someone let me know when the next update is due?

Dates aren’t provided on the Discord channel either. I think it’ll be pretty soon, but maybe not.

• edited February 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@vmullot said:

This is so unusual I wonder if something was amiss with the setup. There isn’t a reason to reformat the iPad.

Before testing with your audio interface. Did you do a simple test with the built-in mic?

Hi, I have a strange setup actually, I have a Boss RC300 that I am using for some times and I wanted to have it to send midi clock to Loopy pro (I'm a drummer so my hands ar often busy when looping). All going through Komplete audio6 mk1. And it looks like this was the issue because as soon as I unplug the midi cable this issue disappeared, possible???

Now works just fine with or without the audio interface, also working with vst instruments etc!

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@vmullot said:
    Hi, I have a strange setup actually, I have a Boss RC300 that I am using for some times and I wanted to have it to send midi clock to Loopy pro (I'm a drummer so my hands ar often busy when looping). All going through Komplete audio6 mk1. And it looks like this was the issue because as soon as I unplug the midi cable this issue disappeared, possible???

You probably had a midi feedback loop. If so then you may be able to fix it and keep the midi plugged in by ensuring that Loopy and/or isn't sending the mk1 isn't sending midi clock and isn't routed back to the RC300.

• @Uprightmusic said:
    I'm not on the discord. Can someone let me know when the next update is due?

Why do you ask?

• Just an idea or something on my wish list. Wouldn’t it be great if you could click on a pad and it would fade out for a number of seconds or bars.
    If anyone knows how to achieve this already, then answer on a postcard please.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@Toastedghost said:
    Just an idea or something on my wish list. Wouldn’t it be great if you could click on a pad and it would fade out for a number of seconds or bars.

On the button settings, select the target clip(s), then Clip Actions > Play / Stop (Stop) > Fade In/Out. Turn off "Use Default Setting" to expose the Fade In and Fade Out sliders. Only seconds, not bars are available though.

• Finally finding some quality time with loopy but I’m stuck…
    I can’t figure out how to map a midi control from one of my auv3 (random matrix inside of Factory) to my Korg nanokey knob.
    Isn’t this possible in loopy?
    I understand AUM has midi learn within the auv3 window, AND you can map parameters IN there, but I can’t figure out how to do that in loopy pro. (If that is possible)
    Midi learn in loopy only maps to loopys’ main controls as far as I can tell, but not auv3s.

• edited February 2022

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Finally finding some quality time with loopy but I’m stuck…
    I can’t figure out how to map a midi control from one of my auv3 (random matrix inside of Factory) to my Korg nanokey knob.
    Isn’t this possible in loopy?
    I understand AUM has midi learn within the auv3 window, AND you can map parameters IN there, but I can’t figure out how to do that in loopy pro. (If that is possible)
    Midi learn in loopy only maps to loopys’ main controls as far as I can tell, but not auv3s.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_midi_map_effect_parameters

Currently auv3 effect parameters can be mapped. Instruments aren't mappable yet but will be.

• @wim said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Just an idea or something on my wish list. Wouldn’t it be great if you could click on a pad and it would fade out for a number of seconds or bars.

On the button settings, select the target clip(s), then Clip Actions > Play / Stop (Stop) > Fade In/Out. Turn off "Use Default Setting" to expose the Fade In and Fade Out sliders. Only seconds, not bars are available though.

Many thanks @wim I knew there was a solution hidding under the hood.

• Der, just stepped into idiot mode.
    I have before managed to automap my Launchpad Pro to Loopy Pro and now for some insane reason now I cannot.
    I have autobind set in Loopy Pro. Now I know that the Launchpad Pro should instantly autobind just as it would with the Launchpad app. What steps do I need to take?
    Turn on Launchpad first? then Loopy or vice versus? Since neither work.
    Should Turn on Launchpad, put it into live then, turn on Loopy or reverse?

I know that Launch Pad Pro is talking to loopy since if I turn off auto binding and bind to individual clips it works, I would do this across all 64 pads but the only problem is the Launchpad pads remain unlit until I press a pad, this is great but in live situation I am left with a blank slate.

Sorry if all this has been covered before but now am going nuts
    Any help would be much appreciated.

• edited February 2022

@Toastedghost said:
    Der, just stepped into idiot mode.
    I have before managed to automap my Launchpad Pro to Loopy Pro and now for some insane reason now I cannot.
    I have autobind set in Loopy Pro. Now I know that the Launchpad Pro should instantly autobind just as it would with the Launchpad app. What steps do I need to take?
    Turn on Launchpad first? then Loopy or vice versus? Since neither work.
    Should Turn on Launchpad, put it into live then, turn on Loopy or reverse?

I know that Launch Pad Pro is talking to loopy since if I turn off auto binding and bind to individual clips it works, I would do this across all 64 pads but the only problem is the Launchpad pads remain unlit until I press a pad, this is great but in live situation I am left with a blank slate.

Sorry if all this has been covered before but now am going nuts
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Don't you need to set the LPP to a particular mode, maybe "Green"? I believe this was discussed in this thread. See this.

• Yes I was part of that thread but for some bizzare reason it no longer automaps.
    Might map it to the drum mode since at least it divides into 4 parts and the parts are lit. I could make four parts, 1 for drums, 1 for bass, 1 for melody and one for say effects

• Do you guys succeed to control Loopy Pro with LK, loaded as a midi au ?

• edited February 2022

@ttk said:
    Do you guys succeed to control Loopy Pro with LK, loaded as a midi au ?

I’ve been able to do it the other way round, controlling LK clips with loopy donuts. You can make a blank donut by recording a silent source, then use the follow actions to send midi messages to LK. I haven’t got it perfect yet but it’s getting there.

I’ve had more success with loopy donuts launching atom2 clips.

Gonna do a video about it soon. Just waiting for @Michael to look at an issue with the order that follow actions are triggered.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Yes I was part of that thread but for some bizzare reason it no longer automaps.
    Might map it to the drum mode since at least it divides into 4 parts and the parts are lit. I could make four parts, 1 for drums, 1 for bass, 1 for melody and one for say effects

If you have a launchpad pro mk 3 , there isn’t anything you need to do for loopy to activate session mode.

If your launchpad pro is a different version, I don’t know.

If you have LK of Atom 2 running, they might be taking control.

Are you connected vis USB?

• edited February 2022

@vmullot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@vmullot said:

Now works just fine with or without the audio interface, also working with vst instruments etc!

You probably had a midi feedback loop. If so then you may be able to fix it and keep the midi plugged in by ensuring that Loopy and/or isn't sending the mk1 isn't sending midi clock and isn't routed back to the RC300.

aaaaand thank you!

• edited February 2022

IAA now supported in latest update. Also search fields great thank you @Michael

• For those that haven't noticed, version 1.04 was released which includes some bug fixes and support for IAA apps.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Yes I was part of that thread but for some bizzare reason it no longer automaps.

If you have a launchpad pro mk 3 , there isn’t anything you need to do for loopy to activate session mode.

Launch Pad Pro not mk version.
    Connected via usb, silly thing is I have had it working but not now.
    My work around is to use the drum section in Launchpad. That gives me a block of 4 banks of colour, if I create a Loopy version to look the same then map it to the Launchpad. Using this technique each pad pressed on Launchpad will be highlighted and play on Loopy.

• @espiegel123 said:
    For those that haven't noticed, version 1.04 was released which includes some bug fixes and support for IAA apps.

SAMPLR!!!!!!

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

My work around is to use the drum section in Launchpad. That gives me a block of 4 banks of colour, if I create a Loopy version to look the same then map it to the Launchpad. Using this technique each pad pressed on Launchpad will be highlighted and play on Loopy.

For LaunchPad Pro, only the LP Pro mk3 is plug and play for session mode. For the other versions there are things that you have to do to enable session mode.

You posted here about how you got yours working:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1041970/#Comment_1041970

• Has anyone tried Bleass motion fx or slow machine on an IAA channel? I’ve got Samplr recording ok but Bleass don’t seem to do anything…

• @rud said:
    Has anyone tried Bleass motion fx or slow machine on an IAA channel? I’ve got Samplr recording ok but Bleass don’t seem to do anything…

Are you able to record them into AUM or other host?

• Hello @espiegel123, thanks for the reply. Yes, they work ok in AUM and I’ve been using them on input channels in Loopy with no problem until the update. Now when I press play they don’t react at all.

• edited February 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:

For LaunchPad Pro, only the LP Pro mk3 is plug and play for session mode. For the other versions there are things that you have to do to enable session mode.

You posted here about how you got yours working:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1041970/#Comment_1041970

I know but the is that same fix now won’t work. No idea now what am doing wrong. Replaced the cables before and that worked but they are now new cables.

I am puting the Launchpad into live mode by holding down the session button chosing the green button which takes me into live mode but the screen remains blank.

• @rud said:
    Hello @espiegel123, thanks for the reply. Yes, they work ok in AUM and I’ve been using them on input channels in Loopy with no problem until the update. Now when I press play they don’t react at all.

Are you saying that they work fine processing hardware input channels and AU instruments but not IAA channels? Does it make a difference if you disable idle enablement?