Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

1356748

Comments

  • @ion677 said:
    This is the pricing model every app needs. Keep what you pay for. Pay devs for their work to add new features.

    Congrats Michael.

    I tend to agree with this, I am also interested from a psychological/user viewpoint if it helps focus the mind on actually using the software more etc.

  • Very cool! Is there a way to manipulate things in the arranger/sequencer after you record them in? E.g. change the order?

  • WISHLIST for @Michael

    1) Add a search field for the AU Apps by dragging down on the list ... for those with many many of them ;-)

  • @SuperNiCd said:
    Very cool! Is there a way to manipulate things in the arranger/sequencer after you record them in? E.g. change the order?

    Disregard the question. I see you just have to have the clip selected, and then it’s drag/drop, change length - all very intuitive, This is a really impressive app!

  • Congrats @Michael 🎉 Loopy’s dope! 👏

    Here’s a quick video fumble (my kids are off school🤪) for anyone confused by the template I threw in.

    Template’s hopefully quick path to happy accidents. ffwd to 4:49 in video for when starts to get interesting-ish -

    Kindof based off the Finger sequencer in op-1. Record (or import) patterns/loops or whatever to the keyboard loops (pink). Play (or latch) keys and resample live in to other donuts (aqua). Mess with the pitch and/or speed there and bounce back. Or any combo of all colour groups at same time in any direction. Rinse and repeat. Follow the sun 🏄‍♂️

    Version in video’s different to the factory one (uses 3rd party AUfx…but limited it to only free AU). Can post somewhere if anyone wants it (patchstorage in future?). But prob better to roll your own fx prefs.

    Using the same samples in video that the factory template comes with, but heads up on feeding Radio Unit/TubeAU/WebAU in to the keys for extra accidentals ;)🦧

  • It's kinda aaaaargh to see a bunch of people on the iPad Musician FB group completely misunderstanding how the IAP works, and somehow thinking it's a monthly subscription app. Gaaaah.

  • Congrats on the release. Beta testing was a blast. Most fun I’ve had with iOS music making in quite some time.

  • did Jimmy Fallon get his copy yet? 😉

  • Congrats @Michael goddamn I've spent all my monthly budget on vcv rack pro 2 and bitwig 4. January will be my Loopy Pro month:-)

  • edited December 2021

    @d4d0ug said:
    Congrats on the release. Beta testing was a blast. Most fun I’ve had with iOS music making in quite some time.

    Indeed! As well as standalone use (which is soooooooo gooooood), I'm wondering how I can integrate Loopy Pro into my Drambo improvisations, as it certainly seems there's potential to solve a lot of the missing audio track functionality in that app until the wonderful Beepstreet implements it. And - oh! - maybe ultimately it could be the missing link in Nanostudio 2 for audio! I'll have to explore whether it's easy to trigger long loops from the NS2 timeline...

    So many possibilties, so little time.

  • Congratulations on release! Bought. Anyone know of a quick way to play recorded loops in reverse?

  • @mjcouche said:
    Congratulations on release! Bought. Anyone know of a quick way to play recorded loops in reverse?

    Reverse is coming soon. & tape overdubs. Michael mentioned these are pretty high up the list for after release.

  • @mjcouche said:
    Congratulations on release! Bought. Anyone know of a quick way to play recorded loops in reverse?

    Reverse is coming. It isn’t in 1.0.

    Michael has a page up related to things coming in the near term

    https://loopypro.com/manual/

  • Speaking of the “after release feature list”… it used to be written out on the loopypro.com website, anyone know if the list is still posted somewhere?

  • @Michael_R_Grant I’m doing it the other way around. I’m hosting Drambo in Loopy Pro to use as a p-locked sequencer. You can send each channel in Drambo to a different AU instrument in LP.

  • Hi, when I purchased, I think it said that the purchase included bug fixes for the lifetime of the product.
    I think the model is that the bug fixes and feature additions are per year.
    I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding, misread, or if that line on the purchase screen is something that needs to be edited.

    Anyway congratulations on the release.
    If I’m in error I apologize as I was very quick to hit purchase, so I may have missed something.

  • Can’t see the “+” icons in mixer view, to add fx etc. What am I doing wrong?

  • @slicetwo said:
    @Michael Alright. Maybe this is the answer to all my problems. I have been using mostly hardware to compose lately, and I want to be able to also do live arrangements. The problem is pattern changing, program changing, and odd time signatures can all get in the way of fluid takes and multitracking. My idea is, instead, to record each part as a loop. Originally, I was going to load those all into Ableton session view and live arrange. Problem with that is that tails get cut off when you launch a loop in another scene.

    So here's what I want to know about LP:

    1. Can you any loop anywhere be played overtop of another? I like that session view stops the previous loop from retriggering, but I don't like that it cuts off the tail of a loop without letting it naturally finish. Can it also play the same loop over itself? If I have a 4 bar synth line, but it has a 1 bar fade out tail, I want the tail to play over the loop.

    It can record and play back tails when a track loops and stops.

    1. Can you do the live arrangement and have it record? I'd imagine loading all the loops into LP and recording the arrangement live while launching clips via a Launchpad Pro MK3. I assume the Launchpad integration is similar to the looping for LK/Atom/Ableton?

    Yes

    1. Can you export multitrack files for further mixing elsewhere?

    Yes

    1. How does it handle odd time signatures?

    It handles 1 thru 5 over 4 and 6 through 12 over 8. Currently, one meter per project. You can actually mix loops of different times if you turn off some of the phase/sync options.

    1. Can it both send and receive MIDI/transport sync?

    Currently synchs via Ableton link (you can use midi link sync or Audiobus to translate clock to link). Midi clock sync coming soon.

    1. How do tempo changes work in a track? Could you theoretically host an entire set of stems or loops of multiple tempos that is changed over time?

    Currently it doesn’t have built-in tempo change.

    1. Does it recognize multi-out AU and multi-IO interfaces?

    Multichannel interfaces are handled.

    I don’t think it handles multiouts from AUs yet.

    This thing looks nuts, from what I'm seeing so far. Congrats on the release!

  • BIG release @Michael !!

    Huge congratulations to you. Be prepared for some intense support answers over the next few days and then get some well earned rest. 👊✌️😎👏👌🤟🤙👅

  • edited December 2021

    @oat_phipps said:
    Well what have we here. Instant upgrade to pro, don’t mind the “subscription” idea at all when it’s an annual lump sum. Now to RTFM. Really excited about hopefully having a new way of working on the Pad.

    I would even avoid the word“subscription“cause it clearly is not.You can keep it „forever“ (whatever that means in ios land though 😉) when you buy the app now.And get new features for one year.Only If you want new features after that one year,you need to pay extra.But not for bug fixes.Actually,i have the impression that this is the model most of us would like to have (in our favorite apps) to encourage the devs to keep an app alive and growing.

    I‘m usually not into looping territory but since it can be much more (and looks gorgeous) ,i‘ll definitely give it a try (also,nice move with a 7 days trial 👍)

    congrats for the release and happy deserved holidays ✌️😁 @Michael

  • edited December 2021

    There's an 'up' arrow on the lower right along from the coloured icons. i missed it too.

    @Kashi said:
    Can’t see the “+” icons in mixer view, to add fx etc. What am I doing wrong?

  • Woah! Nice surprise for us this morning!

    Huge Congrats to @Michael for the release!

    As someone who missed out on the beta testing, I’m super excited to dive straight into this amazing looking piece of software! I’ve always wanted a BOSS 505, but the price point has always been the one thing standing in the way. I’ll eventually buy one still, but for now, it looks like Loopy Pro will quench that thirst and then some!

    Insta-purchase! Even though I have no idea what I’m doing (well, I might actually have a few small ideas 😜), I think 30 bucks is a small price to pay to support the developer who’s basically paved the way to iOS music making, for without him, we wouldn’t have AudioBus, and therefore no AudioBus forum! I mean seriously, can you even imagine where we’d be right now, if @Michael hadn't come along and built this place?

    @Lorichs said:
    Don’t forget your loved ones during christmass guys ( by “loved ones” i don’t mean ios devises )

    This! Very important!

    Then once Christmas is over, you can go right back to ignoring everyone as usual. (J/k!)

  • @mjcouche said:
    Congratulations on release! Bought. Anyone know of a quick way to play recorded loops in reverse?

    Neon is quite useful with Loopy Pro as a utility editor. Copy a loop to the clipboard, paste into Neon, reverse the buffer from the Operations menu, copy to the clipboard, paste the reversed sample into a new loop in LP. You can then set these two loops to be mutually exclusive.

  • Congratulations and thanks for everything @Michael. Truly you are the progenitor of iOS music. The ancestor of all touchscreen pocket sized hand held bleeps and bloops. May you live long and prosper.

    All begin the the recitation of praise for the cult of Michael…

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @slicetwo said:
    @Michael Alright. Maybe this is the answer to all my problems. I have been using mostly hardware to compose lately, and I want to be able to also do live arrangements. The problem is pattern changing, program changing, and odd time signatures can all get in the way of fluid takes and multitracking. My idea is, instead, to record each part as a loop. Originally, I was going to load those all into Ableton session view and live arrange. Problem with that is that tails get cut off when you launch a loop in another scene.

    So here's what I want to know about LP:

    1. Can you any loop anywhere be played overtop of another? I like that session view stops the previous loop from retriggering, but I don't like that it cuts off the tail of a loop without letting it naturally finish. Can it also play the same loop over itself? If I have a 4 bar synth line, but it has a 1 bar fade out tail, I want the tail to play over the loop.

    It can record and play back tails when a track loops and stops.

    1. Can you do the live arrangement and have it record? I'd imagine loading all the loops into LP and recording the arrangement live while launching clips via a Launchpad Pro MK3. I assume the Launchpad integration is similar to the looping for LK/Atom/Ableton?

    Yes

    1. Can you export multitrack files for further mixing elsewhere?

    Yes

    1. How does it handle odd time signatures?

    It handles 1 thru 5 over 4 and 6 through 12 over 8. Currently, one meter per project. You can actually mix loops of different times if you turn off some of the phase/sync options.

    1. Can it both send and receive MIDI/transport sync?

    Currently synchs via Ableton link (you can use midi link sync or Audiobus to translate clock to link). Midi clock sync coming soon.

    1. How do tempo changes work in a track? Could you theoretically host an entire set of stems or loops of multiple tempos that is changed over time?

    Currently it doesn’t have built-in tempo change.

    1. Does it recognize multi-out AU and multi-IO interfaces?

    Multichannel interfaces are handled.

    I don’t think it handles multiouts from AUs yet.

    This thing looks nuts, from what I'm seeing so far. Congrats on the release!

    Much appreciated! I think this may be the ticket!

  • Christmas arrives early. Thanks @Michael for such a game changing app we can all use and enjoy how we see fit for our musical creativity.

  • @ajmiller said:
    There's an 'up' arrow on the lower right along from the coloured icons. i missed it too.

    @Kashi said:
    Can’t see the “+” icons in mixer view, to add fx etc. What am I doing wrong?

    Got it! Thanks

  • edited December 2021

    @Michael said:
    Please be kind, ABF, you guys are terrifying 😆😰

    Fear not young gentleman. (No offense intended re: “young” I’m 61. Emphasis is on the gentleman part)

    You: Santa Us: Elves
    You: W. Wonky Us: Veruca Salt, Augustus Gloop, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teevee but especially Charlie Bucket
    You: Host/steward. Us: every possible breed in the best doggie daycare ever

  • @Holden said:
    Hi, when I purchased, I think it said that the purchase included bug fixes for the lifetime of the product.
    I think the model is that the bug fixes and feature additions are per year.
    I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding, misread, or if that line on the purchase screen is something that needs to be edited.

    Anyway congratulations on the release.
    If I’m in error I apologize as I was very quick to hit purchase, so I may have missed something.

    No, you still get bug fixes for the life of the app.

Sign In or Register to comment.