Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS 15.2 update offloads everything ?

edited December 2021 in Other

Am I the only one who is experiencing such a strange thing ? :
I've updated my iPad Pro, which has more than 300 Go free space, from 15.1 to 15.2... and I see it redownloading every single app ! What a mess ! 😳🤯😱

Edit : it didn't happen on my iPhone 🤔

Comments

• Do you by any chance have app offloading enabled?

• @Samu said:
    Do you by any chance have app offloading enabled?

Absolutely not 🤷‍♂️... that's why I was so surprise that this happened.

And, the option has not even been enabled by the update... so it's a very strange and annoying mystery.

• @Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

And, the option has not even been enabled by the update... so it's a very strange and annoying mystery.

Strange, I've not heard about this before...
    Both my iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2 update to 15.2 without any issues.

• @Samu said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

Yes... very strange. I updated my iPad because everything went fine on my iPhone.

What's annoying me the most is that downloading all these apps will kill (and above) my 4G data account (I don't have fiber or adsl connexion) 😩

• @Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

Yes... very strange. I updated my iPad because everything went fine on my iPhone.

What's annoying me the most is that downloading all these apps will kill (and above) my 4G data account (I don't have fiber or adsl connexion) 😩

In fact, I had 37 apps that were in my "update list" and these ones weren't offloaded 🤔...

• Very strange.

• Check your App Store Purchase History.
    Are the purchased dates of the apps that it re-downloaded correct? Or are they showing as recently purchased?

• @ocelot said:
    Check your App Store Purchase History.
    Are the purchased dates of the apps that it re-downloaded correct? Or are they showing as recently purchased?

I don't have the iPad with me now ; I'll check this evening.

• I ask because 3 days ago I purchased an app that's in a bundle with another app that I purchased over a year ago, and when it downloaded the newly purchased app, it also re-downloaded that old app, even though it was already installed. And Purchase History shows it as purchased 3 days ago, but I bought it over a year ago.

I checked my bank account attached to Apple too, but no related transactions yet.

• @ocelot said:
    I ask because 3 days ago I purchased an app that's in a bundle with another app that I purchased over a year ago, and when it downloaded the newly purchased app, it also re-downloaded that old app, even though it was already installed. And Purchase History shows it as purchased 3 days ago, but I bought it over a year ago.

I checked my bank account attached to Apple too, but no related transactions yet.

I also noticed that many apps got the little cloud icon... I hope that it doesn't mean that I will loose all of them... because this icon often tells that the related apps aren't available on the AppStore anymore... and I didn't backup my iPad before updating 🤞🏻🥴

• Were you able to open any of the apps that had the cloud icon? Wait - are you saying that updating to 15.2 actually deleted apps from your iPad?

• edited December 2021

@ocelot said:
    Were you able to open any of the apps that had the cloud icon? Wait - are you saying that updating to 15.2 actually deleted apps from your iPad?

Well, the dates of purchases seems to be ok.
    Not only, YES, the update has killed the apps that are no longer available on the AppStore, but, apps that I had deleted long time ago are back and waiting to download ! 😳... a real MESS 🤯

Edit : and at this time, my count of apps needing an update has grown from 37 to 114 ! 🙈

• edited December 2021

So no apps were deleted or offloaded?

Yes, that's odd. A real mess - sorry for your troubles.

Maybe find a friend/coworker/hotel/McDonalds with a WiFi connection you can use, so you don't kill your cellular bill.

Edit: Or disable App Store installs and updates over cellular data for the time being.

• @ocelot said:
    So no apps were deleted or offloaded?

All my apps were offloaded ! So every app that are not re-downloadable are now lost 🤷‍♂️... but a lot of apps that I had deleted have been reinstalled 😳.
    The count of updates available is now of 300 !!! Incredible adventure 🤷‍♂️😳🙈...

• This sounds more and more like a 'failed' iCloud backup?!
    (That is if you're using iCloud to backup your devices).

• edited December 2021

@Samu said:
    This sounds more and more like a 'failed' iCloud backup?!

I only backup photos, passwords and applications's documents on iCloud ; not the apps.

I've just (re)-deleted 82 apps ! 🤪

• @Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

I only backup photos, passwords and applications's documents on iCloud ; not the apps.

Yes, it sounds like, instead of doing an OTA update, you've done a reinstall using a possibly very old backup. When an iPad backup is restored, the work continues with reinstalling all the apps recorded in the backup. If that's not (somehow) what you've done, then it's completely strange, and certainly not my experience.

• @uncledave said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

Yes, it sounds like, instead of doing an OTA update, you've done a reinstall using a possibly very old backup. When an iPad backup is restored, the work continues with reinstalling all the apps recorded in the backup. If that's not (somehow) what you've done, then it's completely strange, and certainly not my experience.

I have just simply pressed "download and install" the update... then delayed the effective install during last night.
    When I woke up this morning, my iPad was a total mess 🤷‍♂️.

• I never trusted this Offloading of Apps... 😅

• edited December 2021

@uncledave said:
    ... a reinstall using a possibly very old backup...

THIS can be a good probability.
    I've just experienced an instant crash of Amplitube... and it's because the app that has been restored is an older one than the one that was installed yesterday on my iPad (which was iPadOS 15 compatible) 😩... and that's what could explain my 252 apps to update (vs 37 yesterday)...
    I think I'm going to have to waste a lot of time to put in order in all that ...

• @Gratouilli said:

@uncledave said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

I have just simply pressed "download and install" the update... then delayed the effective install during last night.
    When I woke up this morning, my iPad was a total mess 🤷‍♂️.

Just sayin', I would never take that delayed option. OTA update doesn't take that long, and I (still) don't trust computers if I'm not watching them.

• Did the same thing to me and I lost a bunch of apps that are no longer available or something, its realllllllly frustrating, this happened with 14.7 for me. And I did NOT absolutely did not have that selected. Had I not two other ipads I would of been plotting a coup of the apple regime!

You folks all know we are in a holodeck on a giant apple shaped space ship 🛸 must stop the 5g before it unleashed the bots!

• @Cyp3 said:
    Did the same thing to me and I lost a bunch of apps that are no longer available or something, its realllllllly frustrating, this happened with 14.7 for me. And I did NOT absolutely did not have that selected. Had I not two other ipads I would of been plotting a coup of the apple regime!

You folks all know we are in a holodeck on a giant apple shaped space ship 🛸 must stop the 5g before it unleashed the bots!

It's definitely very annoying. Fortunately, none of my documents has disappeared so, in order to calm me down a little bit, I'm telling myself that Apple just "wanted" me to "tidy up my room" 🤷‍♂️.

• edited December 2021

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

This is odd.

Slightly OT but a library might be a good spot to use the Wi-Fi and do the dirty work.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Samu said:

This is odd.

Slightly OT but a library might be a good spot to use the Wi-Fi and do the dirty work.

I had SO MANY apps I never use neither have ever used ! 🙈 I've decided to take this misadventure as a "chance" to tidy up my iPad... I've deleted around 185 so far !... and I'm not done ! 😱🤪 So my total "reload" will end up being acceptable.