Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ructions and how to deal with them.

Comments

• +1 on a mod. I'm not sure an ignore feature would have helped that situation. Thread closing though...

• @Nubus said:

One thing i've noticed though. The larger the forum the more it goes south. It's really a numbers thing. This forum seems small, (which is nice). If it becomes like, super successful, it will be it's undoing. Sad but true.

I can't remember exactly the figures but at some point Sebastian shared how much traffic went through this forum and the number of visitors was pretty impressive. I guess there's way fewer people generating content though.

• I have to say that if I had come across those threads when I was browsing 8 months ago I would have made a decision then to avoid this place. It appeared to be like every other forum I had come across. First impressions are important, so if there are any casual observers out there reading this, please don't be put off, as this is generally a civilized oasis.

• edited June 2014

@syrupcore said:

+1 on a mod. I'm not sure an ignore feature would have helped that situation. Thread closing though...

When I was looking, I came across something called Hellban. The target of a hellban doesn't know they've been hellbanned, they can still log in, read posts, make posts and see their own posts, but nobody else can see them, at all, ever...

Tempting...

• @PaulB said:

@syrupcore said:

+1 on a mod. I'm not sure an ignore feature would have helped that situation. Thread closing though...

When I was looking, I came across something called Hellban. The target of a hellban doesn't know they've been hellbanned, they can still log in, read posts, make posts and see their own posts, but nobody else can see them, at all, ever...

Tempting...

This totally smacks of Big Brother mate

• Lol. You have to admire the machiavellian creativity of the idea though...

• Ha. Totally.

• edited June 2014

"There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always — do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever."

(Dear George considered these things so long ago... :)

• edited June 2014

Marked by Hellban, a ghost.

• I used to come here daily because there were still SO many apps to discover. As I've slowed down in needs, I've not visited as much but it's still a useful community for discovering new apps (the Vidibox being the latest discovery). This forum is awesome for bringing together such great talent and ideas and I would also dig an ignore button. I'm here for the professionalism and fun that certain members bring and always appreciate their input. I'd like to keep it at that. Although, I'll admit, I read through the drama, trying to understand but still don't get it.

Back to the goods!

• edited June 2014

deleted. Wrong train of thought (or lack of it)

• The guy starts a contest making a big deal about prizes, then makes up a ton of rules after the contest is over, and holds the prizes hostage from the winners. To me, that looks pretty bad.

• edited June 2014

I don't know, i'm new here. Just in time for the fun.

Apparently, WMWM has almost 700 posts here. But reading those threads, it clearly looks like he ......made some errors in judgment LOL

It's rather odd. I assumed he was just visiting and punked everyone.

But this isn't going to end well. And I imagine it's just started unless something is done.
    I guess moderation here is minimal; hence this thread.

• Pretty minimal, although this isn't quite usenet. People have been banned before, but only by popular request or for blatant spamming.

• edited June 2014

Hello. After reading thru this thread, I would like to officially apologize for my part in what took place over the last two days. I apologize here to Sebastian and Michael, to the Forum members, to any outside parties who visited this Forum for the first time, to the developers of the applications, and to my teammates, and I discussed my decision with them beforehand.

I did think about bringing that private argument out to the public for a number of hours before it actually happened. My intention was in no way to disrupt the normal activities of this Forum, but only to inform the Forum of what was occurring. At the time, I felt it was my only option, as I have not seen any moderators on this board. I can say my decision was not rash, and I did understand the weight of my decision. I only spoke one time out of anger, at the end, which I specified, all my other comments, to the best of my remembrance, were spoken with a calm demeanor. Not one time did I feel baited, badgered or bullied. I tried my best to speak only of facts, sticking only to the topic, and keeping any animosity focused on me alone.

Speaking only for myself, I am sure that things could have been handled in a more responsible and mature way. I carry the full responsibility of any activity which took place. If any punishment is to be applied to me, I accept it.

This was not me, or us, throwing a fit over lost applications. None of us have accepted any codes as far as I know, and speaking for me personally, I will not. This was not a cry out of victimization, and reparations are completely unnecessary. The idea of such a thing is ridiculous. The argument was a moral issue.

I am truely sorry for what took place here. I will not speak of this again, unless Sebastian or Michael feel I owe them an explanation in private. There is no need to comment on this portion of my message, as it is not on topic.

---ArcaneScreams

Speaking on topic, I am for moderation of this Forum, and am open to any solution which would prevent another such outbreak. The ignore function sounds like a good idea to me.

• I don't think there's a need for an apology. You brought the matter out for the forum to see because this was a forum competition and there was public interest in it. You've tried to make things as clear as possible and that was one way of doing it. I, for one, would like to finally understand what actually happened with the 'other team' even if I have no direct interest in the codes etc. I would also like this to end in clarity as I don't think with matters such as this sweeping stuff under the carpet is a good idea. I still don't understand why MWMW chose to act in an opposite to transparent way. I think he owes this to the forum but especially to people who have participated, listened and voted for the tracks. Amen.

• edited June 2014

Agreed. No matter how ugly, other members need to be made aware when another user has deceived the forum. As far as crimes that can happen on a message board, I think trying to steal promo codes under the ruse of hosting a contest in the name of that forum is a pretty serious offense. Perhaps that wasn't the users intention, but given that no second team has come forward and he evades direct questions, what other conclusion can we come to than that there is no second team and he's a trying to pull a fast one? I'm still curious what's happened to the Caustic and Beatmaker codes, have those been received by the offending party?

So yes, as ugly as that thread was, the information needs to be available so we know when there's a crook among us. A moderator would have been able to jump in much earlier and take care of conflict resolution, and the subsequent banning that should take place when this happens.

It's a good idea to talk about how to prevent this in the future, but I gotta say I'm a little put off there seems to have been no repercussions for this scam.

• @CSWinn There are codes posted in public space, under the 'Activity' heading.

@CSWinn and @supadom Thank you.

• Good to hear, thanks.

• edited June 2014

Isn't this a lot of fuzz over a free promo code?
    and I thought I'd have to much time ...
    yes there r a few functions missing like ignore and delete post - so bring 'em on
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/ignore-plugin

• Just as an afterthought to all of this, if we ever do anything like this again, the host could request promo codes, but request they be sent to @Sebastian or @Michael (if they're agreeable) for holding and distribution. Just a thought on how this could be avoided, although I wonder how much interest there will be going forward.

A different approach could be setting up a Soundcloud account just for collaboration. There wouldn't be any prizes, and the voting would be based on likes and it would be ongoing.

A bit off topic, but I still like the ignore...and delete ideas.

• Public appologies aren't easy. Big ups.

• Mmmmm, comps with no prizes? I think prizes are good for both developers and winners. Someone mentioned 'begging' developers for prizes but come on, they love to put their apps in evidence and prizes, however small, are a great extra incentive to participate. If Santa run off with the prezzies we shouldn't cancel Christmas....or the presents ;)

• edited June 2014

@funjunkie27 said:

.... although I wonder how much interest there will be going forward.

Off topic, but I will address this. I hope there will be interest by a large number of people. I have not spoken with my teammates on this particular subject, but, speaking for myself, if anyone has any concerns, ideas, rules, etc., they feel are important, please share them. If openly, make sure I'm aware of it. If you'd like to share privately, pm either me, my teammates, or open a private conversation with all three of us. If what you speak is not clear to me, I will ask for clarity. I will respect CSWinn's original idea for battles as close as I can. With every wound there is a healing. We will move past this, but only together.

@syrupcore I appreciate what you've said.

• @ArcaneScreams You don't need to apologize to me. I am fully behind you on each point. I appreciate your commitment on truth.

Thanks to everyone taking part in the discussion and think about how to deal with such situations in future. There was a little human mistake and a big negative effect on the project and it's meaning. None on the forum I hope. Moderator would be way better than ignore in this situation. Normally the fact that all communication is tracked should provides the feeling of privacy and regulate the behavior in this case. An "authority" could help. (Is it me saying this? Haha) But that instance could be one or some or all.

• Prizes could still be tied to the Soundcloud model...the one with the most likes by a set time wins.

@ArcaneScreams - I hope the interest isn't dulled. I like the idea, although I'm not likely to participate due to time constraints.

• All app Devs should take part. State saving in action... That opens smooth collaborating possibilities on ios music. One of the most fun parts was when we just shared presets using same bunch of apps and see what the other one is doing NOW :) A song can be just a loopy jam on AB done in one session. @superdom I like to see you in

• I will open a thread on the new battle once I gather my thoughts, and my teammates and I have a few more in depth discussions. One issue I see arising will be the July 4th holiday. I want to make sure we have time to listen to feedback, set rules, and pick partners. I would like for a two week time limit to be set for composition, after partners are chosen, if you choose to work in teams. Solo compositions will be accepted, teamwork encouraged. Two weeks should be enough time for anyone to collaborate in any way. My first impulse is to give us all time to breathe, and proceed slowly.

@funkunkie27 If you do choose to participate, we will work with you on your time schedule as best we can. I agree. Soundcloud seems like the best option.

• Guys, I thought the matter of the codes is closed. Let's not have another thread about what happened then. This is now and we all need to move on. Lessons learned - get the green light from the site owner about "competitions" or "battles" before they are launched or it will all kick off again. @Sebastian, maybe a separate section needs to be created for "competitions and battles" so that those not interested can navigate the usual threads centred on app experience, new apps etc

• If battles prove a popular event over time, a separate section could make sense, but otherwise I think it makes sense to leave them in the Creations or General forum. They'll get more traffic in those fora, and if regular battles (or whatever they're to be called) end up a bust overall, it'll be less of an eyesore.