Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Lunachord / Keyboard Horror

“Music Of The Stars” 1940 by Duane Rigel. A pretty prescient description of a hardware synth used for the worst reasons in this short story I am sure @Svetlovska will enjoy.

Comments

• Ha! Thanks for the name check. I’ll be listening to this later, sounds intriguing. Just finishing off a ghost story I’m writing for Christmas. As you’d expect, obviously… :)

• edited December 2021

@Svetlovska, it’s not the most surprising plot, but the musical refs are quite interesting. The author mentions the Hammond organ, for example, which had only been in production for 6 yrs when the story was written. He also talks about the one million possibilities the keyboard offers… billions were pretty unknown in 1940, I imagine. Still, the concept of such variability on an instrument at that time probably sounded astounding.

• Good call. Haven’t we all had gigs like that ? :)

I’m pretty much the full on ocean going copper bottomed fan of our friend in Providence, and thought I had heard/read most the fanfic-like early stuff done by his acolytes, but this one, very derivative though it was, even when it wasn’t explicitly name checking Zahn and the Necronomicon, was new to me. An enjoyable bit of Yog-Sothery, for sure.