Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• @Toastedghost said:

@impete said:

@jonmoore said:
    If the VST scanning works without fail, I'm happy to purchase Wotja 22 for Windows without delay.

Alas, I suspect you'll have problems with this right now! But, rest assured we're working on it - I hope you'd be kind enough to try-out some future update to the Free one, as we try to nail this down for everybody.

Best wishes, Pete

Midi tools is the app for me that causes the crash, I remove Midi tools and the Wotja 22 scans OK and all is good

Thanks for letting me know! I think that with 22.0.6, you should be able to use MIDI tools again!

Best wishes, Pete

• Thank you for the quick updates! @impete

• @god said:
    Thank you for the quick updates! @impete

Its knackering me :smile:

Anyhow, at this stage of any release, there is no time to take my foot off the pedal :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Remember folks - if you love Wotja 22, and can find the time to leave a nice review on the App Store, that will really help others find it!

Reviews are the life-blood of any small app developer...

Pete

• @impete said:

@god said:
    Thank you for the quick updates! @impete

Its knackering me :smile:

Anyhow, at this stage of any release, there is no time to take my foot off the pedal :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

Fantastic support as usual mate. I really think this could be a big year for this awesome tool/product. The 3rd party plugin hosting really opens the gates🤤

• @Suborthic said:
    Fantastic support as usual mate. I really think this could be a big year for this awesome tool/product. The 3rd party plugin hosting really opens the gates🤤

Thank you very much - and I very much hope so :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi folks!

Wotja 22.0.6 has (just) now been uploaded to the App Stores for review. There are a lot of fixes / changes in here, mainly related to plug-in scanning - as you'd probably expect!

I'll now start looking at "any other issues". Interestingly, most issues right now seem to be with the Windows / VST3 side - things seem much more 'predictable' with macOS / AUv3. I really don't know why this is...!

Best wishes, Pete

• As always, if anybody has any specific issues that they'd like looked at, please simply let us know, and we'll factor them into our plans! :wink:

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi folks,

22.0.6 is now live for iOS and macOS.

I hope this resolves a lot of problems for you all.

Best to all,

Pete

• @impete said:
    Hi folks,

22.0.6 is now live for iOS and macOS.

I hope this resolves a lot of problems for you all.

Best to all,

Pete

I had to delete Wotja 22 Pro and then reinstall to get a clean scan. If you simply update your Wotja 22 Pro installation it will still fail when the scan reaches MIDI Tools.

But alls well that ends well. Great to have MIDI Tools and Wotja living in perfect harmony.

• I have a simple (but urgent (because I'm getting frustrated)) question about the free version of Wotja 22: does it work at all as AUv3 in AUM? I tried it (while playing one of the Flows) on a midi channel in AUM with a midi monitor and no mididata whatsoever is recieved (Wotja's midi output to AUM activated (which should be automatic?), and I tried it as an instrument on a audio channel in Aum and it doesn't produce any sound... NB. the free Wotja 22 as standalone app works as expected...

• @Harro said:
    I have a simple (but urgent (because I'm getting frustrated)) question about the free version of Wotja 22: does it work at all as AUv3 in AUM? I tried it (while playing one of the Flows) on a midi channel in AUM with a midi monitor and no mididata whatsoever is recieved (Wotja's midi output to AUM activated (which should be automatic?), and I tried it as an instrument on a audio channel in Aum and it doesn't produce any sound... NB. the free Wotja 22 as standalone app works as expected...

Try setting AUM to 48kHz, see if that fixes it.

• @Harro said:
    I have a simple (but urgent (because I'm getting frustrated)) question about the free version of Wotja 22: does it work at all as AUv3 in AUM? I tried it (while playing one of the Flows) on a midi channel in AUM with a midi monitor and no mididata whatsoever is recieved (Wotja's midi output to AUM activated (which should be automatic?), and I tried it as an instrument on a audio channel in Aum and it doesn't produce any sound... NB. the free Wotja 22 as standalone app works as expected...

Hi, I am stepping in for Pete on this occasion as he is out. :)

I have just tried the Wotja 22 (free) version (22.0.6) in AUM and as far as I can tell it works fine and as expected CF the above.

The key thing to note here is that when Wotja is operating in Lite mode (i.e. Free) MIDI is only sent on Channel 1. See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/#fst.

Flows are created by a Randomisation Preset that selects templates at random (depending on how the RP is configured). Not all templates are set up to generate on Channel 1 so that could part explain what you report wrt MIDI.

What I did was to double check this this was to add Wotja 22 as an AUv3 to AUM. I created a New Empty mix and added a Template (WME Generator Types > Rhythmic) - when it is added it is set up on Ch1. I then added an instrument to another AUM channel (Digitalism) and set the MIDI routing from Wotja to Digitalism. I pressed Play in AUM an can hear both Wotja 22 playing, and the MIDI from Ch1 being played by Digitalism. If I moved the AUM Wotja audio slider down I could hear just Digitalism. If I then, in Wotja, changed it so that the generator was sending to Ch2, then Digitalism stopped playing. Thus proving that Wotja in Lite mode only sends MIDI on Ch1.

I hope that helps!

atb

tim

• Something that triggered my interest that I can't find any documentation on was in the last update notes...

"FIXED: Issue where audio sample cells didn't always play from start (.wav, .ogg)"

I can't find how to add an audio sample cell, or what one is - I'm hoping that they're a way to play anything back (maybe use generative stuff to play from random sample positions).

• @enkaytee said:

For those who are interested, I've installed Harvest for macOS, and can confirm the crash.

It looks like a bug in the Harvest AU plug-in. I've supplied them with a detailed crash report; it should be easy for them to duplicate, and hopefully fix ASAP!

So, we've heard back, from the Harvest developers. They report that the Harvest Audio Unit is only intended for use in Logic Pro, and that all other DAWs on macOS are intended to use the VST.

The way it was described to me, is that even though other DAWs may be AU compatible, they will not load the AU at all. For example in Ableton, which is AU compatible, only the VST shows up on Mac. From the app point of view, it acts as though Harvest.component does not exist.

So - it is unlikely that Harvest will ever work with Wotja on macOS. Or, indeed, with any other app from the App Store that can host audio plug-ins.

Sorry that isn't what you wanted to hear!

With best wishes, Pete

• @Krupa said:
    Something that triggered my interest that I can't find any documentation on was in the last update notes...

"FIXED: Issue where audio sample cells didn't always play from start (.wav, .ogg)"

I can't find how to add an audio sample cell, or what one is - I'm hoping that they're a way to play anything back (maybe use generative stuff to play from random sample positions).

Hi! My recollection is that this isn't easy to use, as the audio samples need to be in the context of a Tiklpak (which defines all sorts of properties associated with the audio samples within).

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#mix-music-cell

"Audio files (.wav, .ogg; see Filetypes) can be added to a Cell from the Templates List (but only from correctly formatted Paks)."

For more information, pleas go here:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/paks/

and look for the 3 free Loop Paks for some examples to play with!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:
    Something that triggered my interest that I can't find any documentation on was in the last update notes...

Hi! My recollection is that this isn't easy to use, as the audio samples need to be in the context of a Tiklpak (which defines all sorts of properties associated with the audio samples within).

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#mix-music-cell

"Audio files (.wav, .ogg; see Filetypes) can be added to a Cell from the Templates List (but only from correctly formatted Paks)."

For more information, pleas go here:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/paks/

and look for the 3 free Loop Paks for some examples to play with!

Best wishes, Pete

Ah thanks for that, I’ll look into it, though a shame I was wrong, I thought it would be a plugin free way to do what I’m trying to do… no massive hurry for me anyway, this project has a long way to go :)

• edited January 2022

@impete said:

@enkaytee said:

For those who are interested, I've installed Harvest for macOS, and can confirm the crash.

It looks like a bug in the Harvest AU plug-in. I've supplied them with a detailed crash report; it should be easy for them to duplicate, and hopefully fix ASAP!

So, we've heard back, from the Harvest developers. They report that the Harvest Audio Unit is only intended for use in Logic Pro, and that all other DAWs on macOS are intended to use the VST.

The way it was described to me, is that even though other DAWs may be AU compatible, they will not load the AU at all. For example in Ableton, which is AU compatible, only the VST shows up on Mac. From the app point of view, it acts as though Harvest.component does not exist.

So - it is unlikely that Harvest will ever work with Wotja on macOS. Or, indeed, with any other app from the App Store that can host audio plug-ins.

Sorry that isn't what you wanted to hear!

With best wishes, Pete

I find that odd. Although it's not a full DAW, but what you might call a plugin host, Element not only sees both the AU and VST versions of Harvest, but will load them and enable interaction with them - they both generate MIDI as intended...is this where the whole AUv3 xs AUv2 discussion gets blurred? - Wotja is an App Store app and therefore supports AUv3 by default whereas Harvest is AUv2 which as we know is not generally compatible with Wotja and other MAS apps.

To be honest though, I'm not sure how you would use Harvest with Wotja - it's a MIDI generator rather than an audio genrerator or effect, so where would it be used (genuine question!)?

• @enkaytee said:
    I find that odd. Although it's not a full DAW, but what you might call a plugin host, Element not only sees both the AU and VST versions of Harvest, but will load them and enable interaction with them - they both generate MIDI as intended...is this where the whole AUv3 xs AUv2 discussion gets blurred? - Wotja is an App Store app and therefore supports AUv3 by default whereas Harvest is AUv2 which as we know is not generally compatible with Wotja and other MAS apps.

Strange, isn't it? However, that is what they told me.

To be honest though, I'm not sure how you would use Harvest with Wotja - it's a MIDI generator rather than an audio genrerator or effect, so where would it be used (genuine question!)?

Well, that is a separate question :smile: I'm not really sure, off hand!!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@enkaytee said:

Strange, isn't it? However, that is what they told me.

Yep - saw the email...I might just reply...👍

• @enkaytee said:
    Yep - saw the email...I might just reply...👍

Sorry, only just realised they CCd you on their reply :) 👍

Pete

• Lazy me😂 I was waiting the last day of the early bird offer to buy it (8th of January if I remember correctly) but in the 7th, in the Italian store the price had already risen🤣 never wait the last day. Goddamn😅

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Lazy me😂 I was waiting the last day of the early bird offer to buy it (8th of January if I remember correctly) but in the 7th, in the Italian store the price had already risen🤣 never wait the last day. Goddamn😅

Yep me too! Being dyslexic I thought that the 8th was the last day I could buy with a discount, then went on to the store and went, arrrrgh, what an idiot, especially since my wife gave me some late Christmas money.
    No fool like an old fool!

• Sorry folks!!

I hope you love Wotja 22 anyhow :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi Folks,

So far as I can tell from the general lack of crash reports from 22.0.6 for iOS and macOS, the 22.0.6 update seems to have solved the plug-in scanning problem!

In fact, the app itself now looks remarkably stable.

Happy New Year to all!

Pete

• Hi folks,

Did you realise that if you use Wotja as a plug-in host, then if you put those in playlists and albums; the playlists / albums will "work" as expected with your host plug-ins?!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:
    Hi Folks,

So far as I can tell from the general lack of crash reports from 22.0.6 for iOS and macOS, the 22.0.6 update seems to have solved the plug-in scanning problem!

Happy New Year to all!

Pete

Great news, thank you for the quick updates in succession. This is going to be a great Wotja year!

• @impete said:
    Hi Folks,

Happy New Year to all!

Pete

Yep, my problems with scanning are gone now. Thanks @impete

• @god said:
    Great news, thank you for the quick updates in succession. This is going to be a great Wotja year!

We sure hope so :)

Best wishes, Pete

• @monch1962 said:
    Yep, my problems with scanning are gone now. Thanks @impete

Thanks for letting me know, that is great news!

Best wishes, Pete