Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• @Krupa said:
    Ah brilliant, thanks Pete, I’d been trying to drag up and down with those three bar things, I never thought to simply tap on them, what a dope 😆

Nice one, all works a treat now, and with the routing into the chain via the output instrument I can get my head round it all a bit better… now to really focus on how the generator work 😁

Cheers fella!

Chris

Thanks Chris! I think the import/export options are really powerful. And... it lets you easily share Chains etc. with friends via the clipboard / forums (!). Not sure if many other DAWs (even if Wotja isn't a full DAW of course) let you do that...?!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

Thanks Chris! I think the import/export options are really powerful. And... it lets you easily share Chains etc. with friends via the clipboard / forums (!). Not sure if many other DAWs (even if Wotja isn't a full DAW of course) let you do that...?!

I guess it is now fair to describe Wotja 22 as a Generative DAW. ;)

Pete

• @impete said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Pete

That’s what convinced me to finally jump in, I’m very much a multi media artist, emphasis on the multi, so I’ve been well aware of your work since college in the nineties. This version seems like a really big jump in possibilities, so I’m going to be looking at it as one of the ways to run installation work that could happen much later this year, or more likely 2023…

• I’ve raised a support ticket with Arturia today. They did a nice freebie tape effect over Christmas which is, inevitably, not flagged as sandbox safe. I’m guessing that their other instruments might well fail validation for the same reason although I can’t be sure as I don’t have any of them.
    But if anyone here is a fan of Arturia plugins, if they do fail the test it would be good if you could raise a ticket as well. The more the merrier etc etc

• @Krupa said:

@impete said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Pete

That’s what convinced me to finally jump in, I’m very much a multi media artist, emphasis on the multi, so I’ve been well aware of your work since college in the nineties. This version seems like a really big jump in possibilities, so I’m going to be looking at it as one of the ways to run installation work that could happen much later this year, or more likely 2023…

Hey - wow! - that is super exciting!! Do please keep us / me posted on what happens!

Best wishes, Pete

• @UMCorps said:
    I’ve raised a support ticket with Arturia today. They did a nice freebie tape effect over Christmas which is, inevitably, not flagged as sandbox safe. I’m guessing that their other instruments might well fail validation for the same reason although I can’t be sure as I don’t have any of them.
    But if anyone here is a fan of Arturia plugins, if they do fail the test it would be good if you could raise a ticket as well. The more the merrier etc etc

Super idea, Mark!!

Pete

• @impete said:

One for @UMCorps - it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that "DAW-oubt" :smile:

Pete

• @impete Blimey! That’s a blast from the past!

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

@impete said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Pete

Hey - wow! - that is super exciting!! Do please keep us / me posted on what happens!

Best wishes, Pete

👍👍

• @UMCorps said:
    @impete Blimey! That’s a blast from the past!

I've been called worse! ;)

• Hi folks!

For those who are interested, I've installed Harvest for macOS, and can confirm the crash.

It looks like a bug in the Harvest AU plug-in. I've supplied them with a detailed crash report; it should be easy for them to duplicate, and hopefully fix ASAP!

Best wishes to all, Pete

• @impete said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Pete

Generative host yes, but generative DAW is probably a stretch. Love the ambition though! :)

• @jonmoore said:
    Generative host yes, but generative DAW is probably a stretch. Love the ambition though! :)

Fair comment :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:
    Hi folks!

For those who are interested, I've installed Harvest for macOS, and can confirm the crash.

It looks like a bug in the Harvest AU plug-in. I've supplied them with a detailed crash report; it should be easy for them to duplicate, and hopefully fix ASAP!

@enkaytee I've found a way I can work-around the Harvest crash on macOS. The plug-in isn't supported due to the internal bug (for now), but the app won't crash if it encounters the bug!

That should be in the next update, if it passes internal testing.

With luck, I might be able to use the technique on Windows too.

Pete

• @impete said:

@impete said:
    Hi folks!

@enkaytee I've found a way I can work-around the Harvest crash on macOS. The plug-in isn't supported due to the internal bug (for now), but the app won't crash if it encounters the bug!

That should be in the next update, if it passes internal testing.

With luck, I might be able to use the technique on Windows too.

Pete

So, 22.0.5 has the fix? I'll test ASAP.

• @UMCorps said:
    I’ve raised a support ticket with Arturia today. They did a nice freebie tape effect over Christmas which is, inevitably, not flagged as sandbox safe. I’m guessing that their other instruments might well fail validation for the same reason although I can’t be sure as I don’t have any of them.

The Arturia apps formed a large part of my list, so your assumption was correct, I have raised an issue with them regarding transferring their apps data to an external drive, this I think is something to do with symbolic links versus alias, which now prevails on Monterey. I will also contact them with regard to the safe sandbox flag as well.

• @enkaytee said:

Thanks in advance :smile:

Pete

• @impete said:

@enkaytee said:

Thanks in advance :smile:

Just seen your message - so, that works-around the crash in the Harvest problem for now - great stuff!

NB we're seeing Harvest crash on macOS under Intel. My M1 Mac works fine with it. I've let the Harvest developers know.

Pete

• @knewspeak said:

The Arturia apps formed a large part of my list, so your assumption was correct, I have raised an issue with them regarding transferring their apps data to an external drive, this I think is something to do with symbolic links versus alias, which now prevails on Monterey. I will also contact them with regard to the safe sandbox flag as well.

Thank you!

• Anybody out there used Antares AutoTune EFX with Wotja, on macOS or Windows?

Pete

• We've reworked things for the 22.0.6 release

Rather than an automatic scan, we show this:

And when you press the rescan button in the Plug-ins screen, we show this:

Pete

• Big changes coming in the next update!

IMPROVED: Host Plug-in scanning:

• Documents screen: rather than automatically starting a plug-in scan:
      if you've not yet done a plug-in scan, you're prompted to do so
      Title: "Scan for Hosted Plug-ins?"
      Message: "You have not yet scanned for Hosted Plug-ins. Would you like to do this now?\n\nYou can scan at any time, by going to the Plug-ins screen, and press the top-left button to re-scan\n\nIf the plug-in scan closes Wotja, simply re-start Wotja; any failed plug-ins are listed in the Action menu on the Plug-ins screen."
      Buttons: "Start Scan Now", "Ask Me Again Later", "Don't ask me again”

• Plug-ins screen (tab): when top-left button pressed,
      we now display an alert before kicking-off the scan
      Title: "Scan for Hosted Plug-ins?"
      Message: "If the plug-in scan closes Wotja, simply re-start Wotja; any failed plug-ins are listed in the Action menu on this screen.";
      Buttons: "Start Scan Now", “Cancel"

• Plug-ins screen (tab): if you have failed plug-ins, you see two menu items at top of menu:
      "Show Failed Plug-ins: 1 failed" (or whatever the number is)
      shows alert "The following plug-ins have failed while scanning:"
      "Reset Failed Plug-ins, and Re-scan"
      ... these aren't show if there are no failed plug-ins
      Verified on Windows with my home-made VST3 failing plug-in :)

• Thanks Pete, I'll be watching closely for that 22.0.6 release...I'm on 22.0.3 and sadly can't get Wotja to open without crashing. Glad you guys found a solution

• @drewinnit said:
    Thanks Pete, I'll be watching closely for that 22.0.6 release...I'm on 22.0.3 and sadly can't get Wotja to open without crashing. Glad you guys found a solution

I hope it helps for 95% of cases. And it gives me a good base to improve from!

Best wishes, Pete

• Good work, @impete Thanks!

• @Pierre118 said:
    Good work, @impete Thanks!

:grin:

• @drewinnit said:
    Thanks Pete, I'll be watching closely for that 22.0.6 release...I'm on 22.0.3 and sadly can't get Wotja to open without crashing. Glad you guys found a solution

Is this update going out for Macs as well?

• @auxmux said:

@drewinnit said:

Is this update going out for Macs as well?

Yes indeed - all platforms!

I'm just about to kick-off all the builds, that we'll then verify internally / with Beta testers, before we can submit them.

Best wishes,

Pete

• Awesome, thanks.

• @impete said:

@jonmoore said:
    If the VST scanning works without fail, I'm happy to purchase Wotja 22 for Windows without delay.

Alas, I suspect you'll have problems with this right now! But, rest assured we're working on it - I hope you'd be kind enough to try-out some future update to the Free one, as we try to nail this down for everybody.

Best wishes, Pete

Midi tools is the app for me that causes the crash, I remove Midi tools and the Wotja 22 scans OK and all is good