Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Hi Folks,

I'm pleased to report that Wotja 22 is now on pre-order!

You can read the details here:

https://intermorphic.com/blog/posts/211214-Wotja-22-Will-Be-Here-Soon.html

Best wishes to all,

Pete

«13456714

Comments

  • awesome. looks great! thanks for the update. if i buy pro, its available on both mac os and ios for one purchase right?

  • @shinyisshiny said:
    awesome. looks great! thanks for the update. if i buy pro, its available on both mac os and ios for one purchase right?

    Hi! Yes, that's absolutely right. The one purchase gives you iOS, macOS and tvOS - they're all part of the same bundle.

    Best wishes, Pete

  • One of my hopes is that with the plug-in Host ability of Wotja being free to use (in the Free version!), that'd make Wotja a great resource for anybody with an Apple device (or macOS/Windows) with which to start learning to experiment with sounds and FX; using whatever free plug-ins they can track-down. Just select a template or two, and start playing with Plug-ins to shape the sound!

  • Very interesting development. Does AUv3 plugin hosting mean that the Wotja host will be able to automate AUv3 parameters (those that are published according to the AUv3 specification)?

  • One of the advantages of Wotja 22 now having Hosting, is that it means that 90% of Generative Music experiments / creation can happen within Wotja itself, without necessarily requiring at separate DAW. Sure, you can use a DAW with (say) the AUv3 or VST3 if you really need/want to, but this gives more flexibility.

  • @jonmoore said:
    Very interesting development. Does AUv3 plugin hosting mean that the Wotja host will be able to automate AUv3 parameters (those that are published according to the AUv3 specification)?

    Hi Jon. Wotja isn't a particular good fit for AUv3 (or VST3!) parameters, as the "Mix" model (or indeed, Playlists and boxes) is/are very complex and open-ended.

    But, we're always open to suggestions if you have something in mind.

    Best wishes,

    Pete

  • @jonmoore said:
    Very interesting development. Does AUv3 plugin hosting mean that the Wotja host will be able to automate AUv3 parameters (those that are published according to the AUv3 specification)?

    If the AU provides for it, the simplest way to do this is via midi, using the note to CC conversion option in Wotja’s generators.

    The Wotja host also passes through synchronisation from its internal clock so for AUs that have the ability to sync LFOs etc there is that option also.

  • @impete Let me have a chew on that.

    Many artists these days think of generative systems very much from the modular synthesis perspective. On the desktop, I think you’ll find Wotje 22 will potentially appeal to the same type of artist that uses VCV Rack and in many cases hardware modular too (miRack on iOS). In those environments, timbral changes are pretty central to the way you set up your system. And iOS has become a very modular system in and of itself over the last 5 years or so. AUM and ApeMatrix coupled with a wide variety of MFX AUv3’s allow artists to create bespoke ‘systems’ which constantly shift and evolve over time.

    Only having the ability to send note-out information to AUv3s in Wotje 22 may seem restrictive by comparison.

  • Wotja 22! 😊 can’t wait

  • @UMCorps said:

    @jonmoore said:
    Very interesting development. Does AUv3 plugin hosting mean that the Wotja host will be able to automate AUv3 parameters (those that are published according to the AUv3 specification)?

    If the AU provides for it, the simplest way to do this is via midi, using the note to CC conversion option in Wotja’s generators.

    The Wotja host also passes through synchronisation from its internal clock so for AUs that have the ability to sync LFOs etc there is that option also.

    I’m very much talking host automation here, not MIDI CC’s. The resolution of host automation is far higher.

  • edited December 2021

    @impete What will be the monthly subscription prices?

  • @Pierre118 said:
    @impete What will be the monthly subscription prices?

    Hi Pierre, if you follow the link at the top of the page, look for "Wotja 22" Subscription Pricing", where we run through it in detail.

    Hoping that helps!

    Pete

  • @god said:
    Wotja 22! 😊 can’t wait

    Thank you very much :smile:

    Pete

  • Will you guys have a tip jar in the app? Because you are fantastic and put in a lot of hard work…. Would love to tip you after I buy it!!! Looking forward to this!!!!

  • edited December 2021

    @onerez said:
    Will you guys have a tip jar in the app? Because you are fantastic and put in a lot of hard work…. Would love to tip you after I buy it!!! Looking forward to this!!!!

    Hi! That is very kind of you.

    We've actually removed the tip jar from the "Free" version, and replaced it with the option to buy an Intermorphic / Wotja T-Shirt (or hoody, or whatever) from our Amazon Store (https://intermorphic.com/merch/). We make less money that way, but we figured that way, our fans would get something in return. :smile:

    Best wishes,

    Pete

  • @impete said:

    @onerez said:
    Will you guys have a tip jar in the app? Because you are fantastic and put in a lot of hard work…. Would love to tip you after I buy it!!! Looking forward to this!!!!

    Hi! That is very kind of you.

    We've actually removed the tip jar from the "Free" version, and replaced it with the option to buy an Intermorphic / Wotja T-Shirt (or hoody, or whatever) from our Amazon Store. We make less money that way, but we figured that way, our fans would get something in return. :smile:

    Best wishes,

    Pete

    HA. Yes just saw that and bought a shirt from your Amazon Shop!!!!! WOOT!!! Or WOTJA!!!!

  • @onerez said:

    HA. Yes just saw that and bought a shirt from your Amazon Shop!!!!! WOOT!!! Or WOTJA!!!!

    Wow - that is super kind of you! Naturally, I have a couple which get a lot of use :smile:

    Pete

  • I actually hope a lot of people grab Wotja 22 and use the Free version - I think there is so much pleasure to be had from music, and hope that Wotja helps provide a route-in that doesn't require massive musical knowledge.

  • That's nice - Microsoft have now approved Wotja 22 Pro (VST3 host, with VST plug-in).

  • @impete said:
    That's nice - Microsoft have now approved Wotja 22 Pro (VST3 host, with VST plug-in).

    Is there an equivalent iOS + Windows arrangement the way there is for iOS + MacOS I.e. single payment, or is it separate purchases?

  • @craftycurate said:
    Is there an equivalent iOS + Windows arrangement the way there is for iOS + MacOS I.e. single payment, or is it separate purchases?

    Alas, the Apple and Windows Stores are completely separate; we have no way to track or combine the two.

    Just to note: that Wotja 22 on the Windows store contains both the Wotja (host) app, and the VST3 version of Wotja.

    Best wishes,

    Pete

  • @impete said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    @impete What will be the monthly subscription prices?

    Hi Pierre, if you follow the link at the top of the page, look for "Wotja 22" Subscription Pricing", where we run through it in detail.

    Hoping that helps!

    Pete

    Am I correct that the monthly subscription is going up from €2,99 to €4,49 for all devices?

  • @impete said:

    @craftycurate said:
    Is there an equivalent iOS + Windows arrangement the way there is for iOS + MacOS I.e. single payment, or is it separate purchases?

    Alas, the Apple and Windows Stores are completely separate; we have no way to track or combine the two.

    Just to note: that Wotja 22 on the Windows store contains both the Wotja (host) app, and the VST3 version of Wotja.

    Best wishes,

    Pete

    When will the Windows Store pre-order version be available?

  • @jonmoore said:
    When will the Windows Store pre-order version be available?

    Pre-order doesn't seem to be an option on the Windows Store - so, the best we can do is make it available on launch day - 1st January 2022 :smile:

    Best wishes,

    Pete

  • edited December 2021

    @Pierre118

    What I can see is today's UK prices - not sure exactly what they'll be in Euros?

    Pete

  • @impete said:

    @jonmoore said:
    When will the Windows Store pre-order version be available?

    Pre-order doesn't seem to be an option on the Windows Store - so, the best we can do is make it available on launch day - 1st January 2022 :smile:

    Best wishes,

    Pete

    At the discounted pre-order price?

  • @jonmoore said:
    At the discounted pre-order price?

    That's what we're planning! If, for some reason, this doesn't look right on launch day, do please let us know ASAP. We've got a lot of "moving parts" in the release, and there is always a chance we'll get some details wrong!

    Best wishes,

    Pete

  • @impete said:
    @Pierre118

    What I can see is today's UK prices - not sure exactly what they'll be in Euros?

    Pete

    In Euro's the monthly subscription for all devices is raised by 50%. I'm sorry, but that's too much, Pete. A raise by 17%, just like the yearly subscription, looks fair but 50% is not.

  • @Pierre118

    I confess to being confused by that! I'll have to check... checking on the Apple site, it looks to me like mobile should be 0,99 €, and "all platforms" should be 1,99 € ...

    Pete

  • edited December 2021

    @impete said:
    @Pierre118

    I confess to being confused by that! I'll have to check... checking on the Apple site, it looks to me like mobile should be 0,99 €, and "all platforms" should be 1,99 € ...

    Pete

    The Dutch App Store :

Sign In or Register to comment.