Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

XTone Pro switches and MIDI commands (release vs press)

I received my Xtone Pro and the sound quality is great, BUT, I have to mention something about the switches and MIDI implementation for anyone wanting it to use it for more serious MIDI control: there's a BIG issue in that the switches send MIDI commands only on "release" of the switch and not on the "pressing" of them (I confirmed this with a MIDI monitor utility that shows you the exact timestamps and all details of the MIDI messages: MIDI-OX on PC and MIDI Check on iOS) this creates extra latency and it's useless to assign it to loopers or anything that requires precise MIDI control, The manual details how to access several MIDI modes (latching, momentary and toggle) plus the 3 banks for a total of 18 switches plus 3 different continuos control for expression pedal per bank... Audio is great but the switches issue makes it unusable for precise MIDI control, even the IK multimedia Blueboard is better for that: on the BlueBoard it correctly registers a MIDI command on "Pressing" and another one on "Releasing" the switch (as most MIDI controllers do!) and as I said, the Xtone pro "momentary" mode (mode 2) has an error as it sends 0 and 127 at the same time rendering useless the momentary mode!, the switches should be sending MIDI data BOTH on pressing them and also on release but the customer support says "that's is not a bug, it´s a feature" as they say "they programmed it that way as the Xtone access the different mode changes via long press of the switches and they don't want it to send a MIDI command on the "press" as it'd send MIDI data while changing modes"... Also, the continuos control does not fully send 0-127 as it skips every 6-7 steps, so if you see it on a MIDI monitor you'll see going in values of "0-7-14-21-28-35" etc instead of "0-1-2-3-4-5" and so on, this creates a "stepped" effect if you assign it to a volume control or something that requires fine continuos values as you'll hear the values "jumping" instead of a smooth transition from 0 to 127... I've had it for 3 days and it's been 2 times where it also stops sending MIDI messages at all, audio keeps passing but no MDI internally or externally, have to reboot it many times in order to get it to work again, it's NOT reliable at ALL!....