Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The legalities of sharing samples.

I've got the JV 1080 plug and I'm going to sample it so I can use the samples for the Audiolayer and was wondering about the legalities of sharing them on this forum?

Comments

• @cyberheater said:
    I've got the JV 1080 plug and I'm going to sample it so I can use the samples for the Audiolayer and was wondering about the legalities of sharing them on this forum?

Don’t name it “The JV-1080 Sample Pack”.

]✔️-lOBO

• The team that designed the Kawai XD-5 drumexpander‘s Rom named a lot of sounds BOB-Kick, BOB-Snare, etc for exactly that reason.
    After sending it to Kawai headquarter for approval, the response was: great job... but who is that Bob ??? :o

• Better yet don't even mention the 'source module'. Loland is very picky about that...

• I thought sampling a synthesizer is perfectly legal. Just like sampling a Steinway.

I have seen patchpacks where you are free to use them for commercial music, but you are prohibited to use the patches to make them into a sample pack.

I guess you would have to look at the license you agreed to, if there is such a provision that prohibits recreating the patches with a sampler.

• it’s definitely a case by case type thing. But redistributing them without explicit consent is usually a no no.

• The concerns aren‘t about sampling at all.
    It‘s about using the brand (reputation) of the manufacturer... and that‘s not related to money (paid or free VST package doesn‘t matter in this context).